League of the stars is back + Etebo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
League of the stars is back + Etebo

Post by YUJAM »

He played a full 90 today. vs Granada. I'll probably watch the match later

But am I glad the league is back. Watched Sevilla vs Betis yesterday and football was truly beautiful. I really appreciate the league even more now
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: League of the stars is back + Etebo

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The battle between Etebo, Aribo and Ejaria for SE MF spots will be epic. Quite likely the most competitive “fight” for shirts. I think Rohr will be forced to play 2 of the 3 to partner Ndidi in MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

His team lost but he played well, got yellow carded (of course you will expect that from a combative Etebo), and almost bagged an assist.

Azeez didn't see any minutes, is he injured?

The MF battle for the SE is between Aribo, Etebo and Ejaria (Ndidi is the boss so no point throwing him to the fray).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:His team lost but he played well, got yellow carded (of course you will expect that from a combative Etebo), and almost bagged an assist.

The MF battle for the SE is between Aribo, Etebo and Ejaria (Ndidi is the boss so no point throwing him to the fray).
Interesting becos I see all three offering slightly different options:
Etebo: Tireless Workhorse; deadball threat
Aribo: Attacking threat; holding MF
Ejaria: Creative player, safe in possession

Of course, if Eze shows up I suspect Aribo will be the main casualty.
But they are all young and anything can happen as they develop
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:His team lost but he played well, got yellow carded (of course you will expect that from a combative Etebo), and almost bagged an assist.

Personally i think Etebo is a duplicate of Indidi and unless he start adding goals or serious threat upfront as he did at U23 and Olympics am afraid it will be bench duties for Etebo .
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

walesvilla wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Personally i think Etebo is a duplicate of Indidi and unless he start adding goals or serious threat upfront as he did at U23 and Olympics am afraid it will be bench duties for Etebo .
The fact that Etebo can be compared to so many different midfield players is a good thing considering they have all done so well of late (at club level).
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

walesvilla wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I agree with you and I would also advice that we should be on the lookout for 2 young midfielders, Alhassan Yusuf from Gothenburg, who is currently being tracked by Wolverhampton Wanderers, Anderlecht and Feyenoord, and Kingsley Michael of Bologna, currently on loan in Cremonense. If these 2 players blossom as expected next season, we would see increased competition in SE midfield.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I agree with you and I would also advice that we should be on the lookout for 2 young midfielders, Alhassan Yusuf from Gothenburg, who is currently being tracked by Wolverhampton Wanderers, Anderlecht and Feyenoord, and Kingsley Michael of Bologna, currently on loan in Cremonense. If these 2 players blossom as expected next season, we would see increased competition in SE midfield.
Kingsley Michael is already on the SE radar I believe.
Alhassan Yussuf is a new name to me.
He didnt even make any of the Nigeria age-limited teams.
If Wolves Manager Santo is indeed interested in him, he must be doing something right.
Interesting.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Etebo had an awful game. I am a fan of his so this is difficult for me to write. But he was surprisingly bad. Overall he looked stiff and clumsy. His control wasn’t good and often times when he controlled the ball he let it overrun. Maybe it’s because he was just coming from a long break.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I watched about 25 minutes of the 2nd half and Etebo seemed to be struggling. He still looks like he isn't fully match fit and had some misplaced passes and heavy touches.
YUJAM wrote:Etebo had an awful game. I am a fan of his so this is difficult for me to write. But he was surprisingly bad. Overall he looked stiff and clumsy. His control wasn’t good and often times when he controlled the ball he let it overrun. Maybe it’s because he was just coming from a long break.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The battle between Etebo, Aribo and Ejaria for SE MF spots will be epic. Quite likely the most competitive “fight” for shirts. I think Rohr will be forced to play 2 of the 3 to partner Ndidi in MF.
You mentioning players in the championship and Scottish league but you didnt mention Azeez that plays in the Laliga for a team in the top half of the table.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He had a much better second game playing the entire 2nd half. Started as RW/RF created some great chances, then played last 5 minutes at DM, incredibly versatile player.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!