Awaziem and Omeruo starting today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awaziem and Omeruo starting today

Post by YUJAM »

in about 30 minutes vs Real Valladolid
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Awaziem and Omeruo starting today

Post by YUJAM »

Poor Awaziem with a devastating mistake that leads to a goal against his team. That was bad.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Leganes conceed 2 minutes in.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Leganes conceed 2 minutes in.
Question is how did Awaziem manage to screw that up? Simple bouncing ball he simply needed to deal with yet he somehow manages to head it past his goalie who he must have seen coming out to deal with the balll.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Thread fail, Awaziem fail!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DIMKA76 wrote:Thread fail, Awaziem fail!!
Why?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

YUJAM wrote:
Question is how did Awaziem manage to screw that up? Simple bouncing ball he simply needed to deal with yet he somehow manages to head it past his goalie who he must have seen coming out to deal with the balll.
The goalie made the mistake! Any forumite who has played defence will tell you that Awaziem's instinct of cutting out the attacker and intending the back header pass is consistent. Also, the goalie needed to communicate his intention to rush out. Clearly, he would have had the advantage and Awaziem would have done what any reasonable defender would do: leave it for the goalie.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hmmmm. I disagree Chief. Before heading the ball past his onrushing goalie Aeaziem
picked up his head and must have seen the goalie coming out but as if by instinct he headed the ball past the goalie. The defender Awaziem should be able to adjust to many different situations on the field. He does adjust most times but not in this case.

Obong wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
The goalie made the mistake! Any forumite who has played defence will tell you that Awaziem's instinct of cutting out the attacker and intending the back header pass is consistent. Also, the goalie needed to communicate his intention to rush out. Clearly, he would have had the advantage and Awaziem would have done what any reasonable defender would do: leave it for the goalie.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Ghananese S. Karim take them drink Akamu
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Awazeim was at fault for the first goal. He should have booted the ball out of play rather than attempting to head it back. Other than that error he had a good game. He recovered well from the error.

The commentators kept raving about the Ghanian CB, Mohammed Salisu who had a good game too and mentioned many big teams want to sign him. He did make a clumsy challenge though which resulted in a penalty to Leganes.
Last edited by olu on Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not really sure how that's Awaziem's fault. Unless that keeper screamed for it. But the keeper really had no business whatsoever being that far out of his box when his defender (Awaziem) was clearly getting first to the ball. If he'd stayed in this box that would have been a non-event. Madness.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:Not really sure how that's Awaziem's fault. Unless that keeper screamed for it. But the keeper really had no business whatsoever being that far out of his box when his defender (Awaziem) was clearly getting first to the ball. If he'd stayed in this box that would have been a non-event. Madness.
Exactly.
Unless....he had called for the ball beforehand.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

After watching it in slow motion I realize I’ve erred here. Awaziem did not see the goalie come out. And yes the goalie had no business being that far from his goal on that play. The goalie did not call out on the action either. So the goalie takes the majority of the blame here. If Awaziem is to be faulted here is perhaps because he didn’t control the ball or clear it out to touch both of which he could have done easily.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

waka-man wrote:Not really sure how that's Awaziem's fault. Unless that keeper screamed for it. But the keeper really had no business whatsoever being that far out of his box when his defender (Awaziem) was clearly getting first to the ball. If he'd stayed in this box that would have been a non-event. Madness.
Read the news. Nobi me write am oooo

Awaziem's error costs Leganes dearly against Salisu's Real Valladolid
  • Mohamed Salisu played a vital role in helping Real Valladolid defeat Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem’s Leganes 2-1 in Saturday’s La Liga encounter
    A miscommunication between Awaziem and an on-rushing goalkeeper Pichu Cuellar in the second minute allowed Unal to break the deadlock for Valladolid after putting the ball into an empty net.
SOURCE: https://www.goal.com/en-sa/news/awaziem ... vliav4r5l8
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar