Moses Simon Out Of World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses Simon Out Of World Cup

Post by kalani JR »

metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Will Nwakali make the squad?
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

The number of people who have restricted replacements to the 30 man squad list, some very assertively, is stunning. I try to check out facts before I assert anything.
Please search for Fifa 2018 world cup rules and check Page 58, Section 12.

It states very clearly
Replacement players for injured players are not limited to the release list provided. Whilst most Coaches will use players already on their list, I would use someone who demonstrates ability, heart and talent without hesitation. Irrespective of your views, let's be at least clear on the rules.

It's allowed. Period.

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

JssMan wrote:The number of people who have restricted replacements to the 30 man squad list, some very assertively, is stunning. I try to check out facts before I assert anything.

It states very clearly
Replacement players for injured players are not limited to the release list provided. Whilst most Coaches will use players already on their list, I would use someone who demonstrates ability, heart and talent without hesitation. Irrespective of your views, let's be at least clear on the rules.

It's allowed. Period.
Post it now lets dissect it, the current rule had been posted in a previous thread which is what is informing the assertion of those on the forum.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JssMan wrote:The number of people who have restricted replacements to the 30 man squad list, some very assertively, is stunning. I try to check out facts before I assert anything.

It states very clearly

It's allowed. Period.
:lol: While you are at it, you should also try to understand the facts before you assert anything...
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

metalalloy wrote:

It states very clearly

It's allowed. Period.
:lol: While you are at it, you should also try to understand the facts before you assert anything...
Maceo, please tell me what is wrong with the assertion that you can replace an Injured player with someone outside of your previously submitted 30 man list? This is an undisputable fact. You may now request how and when? But the rule understandably and indisputably allows it

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JssMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

It states very clearly

It's allowed. Period.
Maceo, please tell me what is wrong with the assertion that you can replace an Injured player with someone outside of your previously submitted 30 man list? This is an undisputable fact. You may now request how and when? But the rule understandably and indisputably allows it
You are arguing with yourself. No one is disputing that someone outside of the 30man list can be used to replace an injured player. it has been repeated Ad nauseam!!! As far back as last week!
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal's Kelechi Nwakali may make World Cup squad after being invited for Atletico Madrid friendly - See more at: https://goo.gl/rtDev6

Story... :lol:

Well, I suppose he does have a shot at making it if he is called up as a replacement due to a serious injury to a player on the final 23 man squad.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=5236925

The thing being debated is timing, i.e. whether the replacement can occur NOW (in the provisional list stage) or if it can only occur after the final 23 man squad has been selected AND someone suffers a serious injury.

Feel free to post up a FIFA rule or regulation that allows you to make injury replacements to the provisional list with a player who was not in the previously submitted list.

FYI noise making declarations like "period" or exclamation marks and using the words "undisputed facts" do not count as sources.

Thanks in advance.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Metal,

This is the regulation (the relevant part highlighted):
Replacement of injured players
8. A player listed on the fi nal list may only be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s fi rst match. The replacement players do not need to be limited to the release list.
Such replacements must be approved in writing by the FIFA Medical Committee upon receipt and acceptance of a written detailed medical assessment in one of the four offi cial FIFA languages. The FIFA Medical Committee shall approve the request if the injury is suffi ciently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the competition. Upon approval, the association shall immediately nominate a replacement and inform the FIFA general secretariat accordingly (including all the specifi c player information listed in par. 4 herein as well as a copy of the passport). The replacement player must be assigned the shirt number of the injured player being replaced.
The link for the omnibus 2018 WC regulations is the below (pg 55, Item 44, Nr 8)
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf

Your riposte does not make room for injuries certified by fifa medical committee, as stated in the regulations. Replacing players with names on the release list may handle cases like Roy Keane, bereavements etc. The regulations clearly makes a case for injuries and, just like you asked, why would fifa add that Nr 8 regulation?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

This thread is proof that most people didn’t pay enough attention to comprehension during their secondary school English classes. :blink:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

anointed wrote:Metal,

This is the regulation (the relevant part highlighted):
Replacement of injured players
8. A player listed on the fi nal list may only be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s fi rst match. The replacement players do not need to be limited to the release list.
Such replacements must be approved in writing by the FIFA Medical Committee upon receipt and acceptance of a written detailed medical assessment in one of the four offi cial FIFA languages. The FIFA Medical Committee shall approve the request if the injury is suffi ciently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the competition. Upon approval, the association shall immediately nominate a replacement and inform the FIFA general secretariat accordingly (including all the specifi c player information listed in par. 4 herein as well as a copy of the passport). The replacement player must be assigned the shirt number of the injured player being replaced.
The link for the omnibus 2018 WC regulations is the below (pg 55, Item 44, Nr 8)
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf

Your riposte does not make room for injuries certified by fifa medical committee, as stated in the regulations.
Replacing players with names on the release list may handle cases like Roy Keane, bereavements etc. The regulations clearly makes a case for injuries and, just like you asked, why would fifa add that Nr 8 regulation?
In every single response that i posted, i have stated that a player on the final 23 who suffers a serious injury can be replaced by anyone. I don't understand what you are getting at. This is what you posted.
I think teams can make replacements based on force majeure from a universal set of national players. It doesnt have to be the release list. For other reasons, after June 4, replacement should be from the release list.
It is incorrect based on the rules you quoted above. I haven't seen (and you haven't posted) any rule that addresses "force majure". After June 4 which is the date that the final list is released, the replacement "should not be from the "release list," replacements can be from anywhere.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:we just played 2 friendlies where we did not score 1 legitmate goal against average opponents, even with slow defenders.

We didn't have ONE SHOT ON GOAL vs Poland. People are blaming Ighalo, but the fact is that our wingers are not playing smart.

and this clown coach takes 4 wingers to camp. 2 who are known chicken heads. He didn't even want to look at other creative players. See how Eduok was putting in accurate crosses against AM.

Instead he would rather take some homebased striker and play him as a winger in camp. Then wonder why he was putting in a poor shift.

Dumb, lazy coach.

What a joke. This is an embarrassment, honestly it is Keshi-esque.

If this clown knows what is good for him, he will immedietly call up Kelechi Nwakali, and Onyekuru and replace Simon with one of the 2, whoever does better in camp.

This can be legally done, if a player is injured, he can be replaced by someone not on the 30 man list.

Is our coach to lazy to even contemplate this ?
Vancity Eagle, you were saying the truth two years ago, what happened?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:we just played 2 friendlies where we did not score 1 legitmate goal against average opponents, even with slow defenders.

We didn't have ONE SHOT ON GOAL vs Poland. People are blaming Ighalo, but the fact is that our wingers are not playing smart.

and this clown coach takes 4 wingers to camp. 2 who are known chicken heads. He didn't even want to look at other creative players. See how Eduok was putting in accurate crosses against AM.

Instead he would rather take some homebased striker and play him as a winger in camp. Then wonder why he was putting in a poor shift.

Dumb, lazy coach.

What a joke. This is an embarrassment, honestly it is Keshi-esque.

If this clown knows what is good for him, he will immedietly call up Kelechi Nwakali, and Onyekuru and replace Simon with one of the 2, whoever does better in camp.

This can be legally done, if a player is injured, he can be replaced by someone not on the 30 man list.

Is our coach to lazy to even contemplate this ?
Vancity Eagle, you were saying the truth two years ago, what happened?
How anyone can take that emotional wreck seriously is beyond me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!