Samuel Kalu: And they look for the easy way out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Samuel Kalu: And they look for the easy way out

Post by chief nfachairman »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/06/ ... -bordeaux/

He is keen on moving to Gala. Why? Why moving backwards when he could move to a newly promoted EPL team on loan or even a paderbon or legane instead he wants to play easy and lower standard football.

If he moves to Gala, he woudl loose out of the SE. I doubt he woudl be able to challenge CHuwkueze in Laliga, Nantes best player - Moses Simon, top 3 best players in Netherlands - Ejuke and Dennis Emmanuel likely to end up with a team in the Top 5.

And we have to give it to Rohr. He puts the players on their toes and demands they play regularly and in top teams. If not for Rohr, alot of these players woudl be chopping bench or playing in backwater leagues by now AND they woudl still be in the SE.

Onyekuru had to go back to Gala for revival, he shouldnt expect an SE shirt anytime soon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Samuel Kalu: And they look for the easy way out

Post by vancity eagle »

You have to give it up to Rohr.

I am a big fan of Kalu but this move is disgusting, and frankly we have too many wingers playing at a higher level than Turkey.

What kind of player at this young age moves from France to Turkey. Does this guy have no ambition ? Is he just a lazy player who wants to get by ?

NO room in SE for mediocre players.

Musa SE career needs to be over as well.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rohr has told him to stay in France or move to a top 5 European league otherwise he may lose his SE place.²
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don’t think Kalu can stand the pressure it’ll take to stay at top. Talent is there but I’m not sure if the passion and hunger to succeed at the highest level is there.
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nigerian players can really make some head scratching decisions. That's how Etebo went from laliga to English championship and this was when he was in top form.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:Nigerian players can really make some head scratching decisions. That's how Etebo went from laliga to English championship and this was when he was in top form.
I think it is almost always first and foremost about the money.
It is hard to find a Nigerian that would walk past a pile of money no matter the reassurances that there are far greater fortunes ahead if only he could persevere and work really hard.
Na so God make us.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I think the economy is not helping matters....With this type of mentality I don't see us winning APOY in the coming years. A Nigerian last won it in 1999!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:I think the economy is not helping matters....With this type of mentality I don't see us winning APOY in the coming years. A Nigerian last won it in 1999!
True.
Anyway, its not all of them.
I like Ndidi's mentality. He is a born leader with a good head on his shoulders.
Same with Osimhen.

From our current crop of players, they should be fighting for APOY in a few years.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "