Ladan Bosso to be Rohr's First Assistant

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Ladan Bosso to be Rohr's First Assistant

Post by chief nfachairman »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/06/ ... ical-crew/

Ladan Bonzo? Failed U20 coach that still doesnt know nada?

We have serious issues in this country
Next
Egg
Egg
Re: Ladan Bosso to be Rohr's First Assistant

Post by Next »

chief nfachairman wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/06/ ... ical-crew/

I dont think God can save these people again! Why recycling failures is beyond me!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Just because his team didn’t do well doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach. A coach teaches and inspires, he doesn’t give talent.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I saw this news on owngoalnigeria.. Didn't feel like posting it here. I can't believe the incompetent man is given the job. He clearly got it for other reasons other than his tactical or technical ability. At this point Rohr should just rely on himself and watch his back
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:I saw this news on owngoalnigeria.. Didn't feel like posting it here. I can't believe the incompetent man is given the job. He clearly got it for other reasons other than his tactical or technical ability. At this point Rohr should just rely on himself and watch his back
Then you dont know how Nigeria works.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

highbury wrote:I saw this news on owngoalnigeria.. Didn't feel like posting it here. I can't believe the incompetent man is given the job. He clearly got it for other reasons other than his tactical or technical ability. At this point Rohr should just rely on himself and watch his back

Its called Federal Character.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

But is the guy he is assisting a high achiever? Just asking. Don't get me wrong, I wonder why Bosso but similar questions may also be asked about Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Poor choice. His U20 team had some talent but seemed to lack tactical discipline. Would have preferred one of the more prominent ex-internationals with coaching experience or one of younger established NPFL coaches.

It's unfortunate that Yusuf and Siasia two of the more successful local coaches are embroiled in scandals
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote:Poor choice. His U20 team had some talent but seemed to lack tactical discipline. Would have preferred one of the more prominent ex-internationals with coaching experience or one of younger established NPFL coaches.

It's unfortunate that Yusuf and Siasia two of the more successful local coaches are embroiled in scandals
I wonder what it would take to recognize that Finidi George is available. First Yobo and now Bosso. I would have said Amuneke but I do not think Amuneke should go for it. Nothing says that Rohr is better than Amuneke. Amuneke should wait for the main gig, nothing less.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:

But is the guy he is assisting a high achiever? Just asking. Don't get me wrong, I wonder why Bosso but similar questions may also be asked about Rohr.
I knew deep down you didn't support the retention if Rohr despite your public acknowledgement.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I knew deep down you didn't support the retention if Rohr despite your public acknowledgement.

Dammy,

My stance is clear. I support Rohr's retention simply because it maintains consistency, which is something I have always supported but that does not mean the jury is not out on him. He must now produce or Nigeria should move on. That is my position. He would have had enough time in the position to produce or be let go. That has not changed. As a matter of fact if he completes his term he would have been Nigeria's longest serving coach by number of games played. There will be NO EXCUSES at that time. Others have had less time with the team and have produced.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bret- hart wrote:

Its called Federal Character.

You’re too old to be this ignorant!
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If they are practicing National character which is idiotic in my opinion for a sports team. They might as well hire some one that is competent. There are better coaches from Northern Nigeria. Like the coach at Akwa United that coached there last season. Ebe like say they hired the person they know from Northern Nigeria, not the person that is most qualified. Did they even ask for the opinion of the head coach?. Rohr has coached Nigeria for over 4 years now. He knows the local coaching candidates.
National character should only be used for political federal appointments to make sure every region is represented in political positions in the federal government like Ministers. National character has no place in positions that require skill. Those positions should be filled with the best candidates regardless of region.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:If they are practicing National character which is idiotic in my opinion for a sports team. They might as well hire some one that is competent. There are better coaches from Northern Nigeria. Like the coach at Akwa United that coached there last season. Ebe like say they hired the person they know from Northern Nigeria, not the person that is most qualified. Did they even ask for the opinion of the head coach?. Rohr has coached Nigeria for over 4 years now. He knows the local coaching candidates.
National character should only be used for political federal appointments to make sure every region is represented in political positions in the federal government like Ministers. National character has no place in positions that require skill. Those positions should be filled with the best candidates regardless of region.
From "six and a half years" to "six years", to "five years" and now to "over four years".
Why can't you Rohr-hating 'fact checkers' ever get your facts right? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Alhaji, its not even four years yet. :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Dammy,

My stance is clear. I support Rohr's retention simply because it maintains consistency, which is something I have always supported but that does not mean the jury is not out on him. He must now produce or Nigeria should move on. That is my position. He would have had enough time in the position to produce or be let go. That has not changed. As a matter of fact if he completes his term he would have been Nigeria's longest serving coach by number of games played. There will be NO EXCUSES at that time. Others have had less time with the team and have produced.
If Rohr is fired today, I believe you will give reasons to justify it. Let the man do the job he has been hired for in the best way that suits him and not you!
No one is teaching you how to do your job, so you and Owolabi should not try to teach him how to do his job.
I am happy
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Dammy,

If Rohr is fired today, I believe you will give reasons to justify it. Let the man do the job he has been hired for in the best way that suits him and not you!
No one is teaching you how to do your job, so you and Owolabi should not try to teach him how to do his job.
I agree with this and I HOPE we extend this to ALL coaches especially those with a different colour of skin.

If we cannot teach the coach how to do his job we should be able to tell him how he will be judged and what is expected of him.

Keshi won ANC and got to 2nd round of WC in his FIRST attempt! Will it be TOO MUCH if we ask Rohr to meet that in his 2nd attempt? Or we should wait till the 7th attempt before asking such of him?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: If Rohr is fired today, I believe you will give reasons to justify it. Let the man do the job he has been hired for in the best way that suits him and not you!
Taking this Rohr defense personally, why? No one is teaching anyone how to do their job. What we want is results like (AfCon champions and WC 2nd round) not excuses.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: If Rohr is fired today, I believe you will give reasons to justify it. Let the man do the job he has been hired for in the best way that suits him and not you!
Taking this Rohr defense personally, why? No one is teaching anyone how to do their job. What we want is results like (AfCon champions and WC 2nd round) not excuses.
So let him get on wth the job and stop demanding results on YOUR terms.
Isnt that what this is all about?
Maduka this, Maduka that.
Kuku say he collected bribe or is banging Maduka's aunty.
At least we go know say you get reason. :idea:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:So let him get on wth the job and stop demanding results on YOUR terms.
What is it with these emotional rant? Did anyone bring up Maduka name?

Stick to the point and stop trying to use emotional to divert attention from the issue discussed.

Banging, baba today is Sunday and your mind is imagining, someone banging someone aunty, na wa ooooo.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Dammy,

I agree with this and I HOPE we extend this to ALL coaches especially those with a different colour of skin.

If we cannot teach the coach how to do his job we should be able to tell him how he will be judged and what is expected of him.

Keshi won ANC and got to 2nd round of WC in his FIRST attempt! Will it be TOO MUCH if we ask Rohr to meet that in his 2nd attempt? Or we should wait till the 7th attempt before asking such of him?
Who said it is too much to ask? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wanaj0 you dey fall person hand o.
Is the debate about targets or about the call for an instant sack should he fail to deliver?

Weytin dey do you anti-Rohr 'fact checkers' nowadays sef?
How many times we wan talk am? Seven times? Seventy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:So let him get on wth the job and stop demanding results on YOUR terms.
What is it with these emotional rant? Did anyone bring up Maduka name?

Stick to the point and stop trying to use emotional to divert attention from the issue discussed.

Banging, baba today is Sunday and your mind is imagining, someone banging someone aunty, na wa ooooo.
So you have been lamenting Maduka and you didn't even realise it?
If that is not "emotional", I don't know what is! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:So you have been lamenting Maduka and you didn't even realise it?
Ok. You have got it off your chest.

Back to the issue discussed. What are your views.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:So you have been lamenting Maduka and you didn't even realise it?
Ok. You have got it off your chest.

Back to the issue discussed. What are your views.
My view was stated in the very first line of the post you responded to.
But Maduka Okoye no gree you see road :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk wrote:So let him (Rohr) get on wth the job and stop demanding results on YOUR terms.
He will work with whoever he is told to work with, especially the 'top level' coaches you patriots are convinced abound in Naija and will do a better job at "a fraction of the cost". :D

Don't let me hear you complain about Bosso o.
That's why they say be careful what you ask for. :idea: