Awaziem is starting to stand out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awaziem is starting to stand out

Post by YUJAM »

He is a constant starter for Leganes and can play any position in the back line as well as DM
in midfield. He reminds me of a young Sergio Ramos. Oh and like Ramos he is good in the air too.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Awaziem is starting to stand out

Post by waka-man »

I agree.
His best position is clearly centre back, and he’s certainly developed significantly in the past year.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Authentic Product of the federal Republic of Nigeria. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Baller just ballin, that’s all y’all. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Did anyone watch the game. He got subbed at the end of the first half. Was it cause his team is chasing a goal or due to poor performance?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

olu wrote:Did anyone watch the game. He got subbed at the end of the first half. Was it cause his team is chasing a goal or due to poor performance?
Why do you have to come and spoil the mood now? :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He picked up a yellow in the first. Not his best but clearly versatile defender.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

What's with Leganes and constantly changing their backline? One game, Omeruo is in, another, he is out. One game, he partners with Awaziem...another, Awaziem is playing right full back
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't get that either. In one of the games, the commentator mentioned Omeruo has been their most consistent CD all season and that he was suprised to see him on the bench.
deanotito wrote:What's with Leganes and constantly changing their backline? One game, Omeruo is in, another, he is out. One game, he partners with Awaziem...another, Awaziem is playing right full back
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:He is a constant starter for Leganes and can play any position in the back line as well as DM
in midfield. He reminds me of a young Sergio Ramos. Oh and like Ramos he is good in the air too.
Hopefully he doesn't go down with Leganes and find another club in La Liga? because Leganes are surely going down!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Undertaker wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is a constant starter for Leganes and can play any position in the back line as well as DM
Hopefully he doesn't go down with Leganes and find another club in La Liga? because Leganes are surely going down!
Besitkas is reportedly interest in Awaziem. Turkey might be a backwards move but besitkas is a good team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Make una no jinx the boy...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Leganes are going down this season, so what happens. With Awaziem, he can get a loan to another club but what will happen with Omeruo? With Ajayi to be promoted to the English Premier league, Awaziem playing maybe in in France and Ekong in Italy, Omeruo will have a hard job breaking into the Eagles if he is playing in the Spanish second division.

It is not as if Omeruo is an up and coming youngster who will improve with time. Ekong, Omeruo and Ajayi were all born in 1993, so it is now or never. Meanwhile, Ekong was also substituted in the 66th minute over the weekend. Does anyone know why?

Neither Awaziem, Omeruo or Ekong played 90 minutes this weekend. Ajayi did but he was at fault for the goal WBA gave away at Brentford, with the ball sliding underneath his feet. Not a good weekend for our centrebacks!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leganes are going down this season, so what happens. With Awaziem, he can get a loan to another club but what will happen with Omeruo? With Ajayi to be promoted to the English Premier league, Awaziem playing maybe in in France and Ekong in Italy, Omeruo will have a hard job breaking into the Eagles if he is playing in the Spanish second division.

It is not as if Omeruo is an up and coming youngster who will improve with time. Ekong, Omeruo and Ajayi were all born in 1993, so it is now or never. Meanwhile, Ekong was also substituted in the 66th minute over the weekend. Does anyone know why?

Neither Awaziem, Omeruo or Ekong played 90 minutes this weekend. Ajayi did but he was at fault for the goal WBA gave away at Brentford, with the ball sliding underneath his feet. Not a good weekend for our centrebacks!
Spot on.
But it says a lot about how far we have come that we are concerned about the level of performance of someone like Omeruo who once upon a time would have been a shoo-in.
Same with Balogun.
Not too long ago we had dodgy wrestballers like Danny Shittu manning our defence! :shock:

Our CD dept needs to be on a higher plane in line with our fullbacks, midfield and strike force.
That means Omeruo is under serious threat and as far as I am concerned Balogun is out.

Awaziem and Ekong are my first-liners and I am slowly beginning to warm to Ajayi .
I really hope a player like Ozonwafor comes good and Adarabioyo is indeed switching alliance.

I am not sure about those German-Nigerians and as it is dem yanga too plenti.

Bottom line, the SE benchmark is getting higher. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Awaziem and Ekong are both right-sided CDs. There-in lies the issue.

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leganes are going down this season, so what happens. With Awaziem, he can get a loan to another club but what will happen with Omeruo? With Ajayi to be promoted to the English Premier league, Awaziem playing maybe in in France and Ekong in Italy, Omeruo will have a hard job breaking into the Eagles if he is playing in the Spanish second division.

Spot on.
But it says a lot about how far we have come that we are concerned about the level of performance of someone like Omeruo who once upon a time would have been a shoo-in.
Same with Balogun.
Not too long ago we had dodgy wrestballers like Danny Shittu manning our defence! :shock:

Our CD dept needs to be on a higher plane in line with our fullbacks, midfield and strike force.
That means Omeruo is under serious threat and as far as I am concerned Balogun is out.

Awaziem and Ekong are my first-liners and I am slowly beginning to warm to Ajayi .
I really hope a player like Ozonwafor comes good and Adarabioyo is indeed switching alliance.

I am not sure about those German-Nigerians and as it is dem yanga too plenti.

Bottom line, the SE benchmark is getting higher. :thumb:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YUJAM,

As I stated a couple of years ago, this guy has the highest ceiling of any of our current centrebacks. You could see this even when he was sitting behind Ekong and Balogun. In my view, he has the skillset, quick reaction, control in the air, passing range and ability, among other notables. When you look at Ekong and Balogun and Omeruo each of them lack in one or more of those things. Nevertheless, Awaziem still has to cut out some mind bogging errors to become as good a centre back as Nigeria had always had until Yobo arrived ( :rotf: ).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Nigeria in 2021 may finally have the best young & mid age center backs in the world after the Olympics and with the addition of a few more.

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

nzeogwu,

Several guys listed below are average at best.
nzeogwu wrote:Nigeria in 2021 may finally have the best young & mid age center backs in the world after the Olympics and with the addition of a few more.

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:nzeogwu,

Several guys listed below are average at best.
nzeogwu wrote:Nigeria in 2021 may finally have the best young & mid age center backs in the world after the Olympics and with the addition of a few more.

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Just list a bunch of average players and then claim best in the world, having no clue what other teams in the world boast of...na real wa sometimes...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun
You missed out on Adarabioyo.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am more interested in quality than quantity. When I look at Virgil Van Dijk, I ask why Nigeria cannot produce centrebacks of that quality.

None of the current crop is of the same quality as Chukwu, Keshi, Taribo or Yobo. Awaziem and Ekong offer a ray of hope, with Adarabioyo being our wild card.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Omeruo starts today's match for Leganes against Sevilla. Awaziem is on the bench.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Awaziem comes on after 7 minutes for Omeruo.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Awaziem comes on after 7 minutes for Omeruo.
Told you guys not to jinx him, bobo had a pretty poor game at fault for a couple of goals at least the 3rd one with his poor aerial ability, his clearing header under no pressure ended up being an assist for Sevilla kai...he's good on the ground, good with the ball at his feet, good passer, but his defending and heading get as e be at times...
Super Eagus 4 Life!