Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:Commot dia Martial, you just messed up the move of the night from Pogba, iranu.
said the same thing as well, Pogba could have scored a brilliant goal

Oloye, what do you think about the starting 11 yesterday?
The starting 11 was good, the only odd person there was Greenwood, had no business on the field and it showed through out.
who should have played instead of Greenwood?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:Commot dia Martial, you just messed up the move of the night from Pogba, iranu.

The starting 11 was good, the only odd person there was Greenwood, had no business on the field and it showed through out.
Can't quite say, I see that the bench is having a problem deciding that also having played James there and now decided to go with Mason. I won't be surprised if he too goes back to the bench... If you ask me between himself and James, I will go for James. Mason on my humble opinion will thrive in center of the attack, not as the points man, but rather a supporting role, because to be honest his asset is scoring goals and does pretty little if he is not scoring. You will get away with playing someone like him against hapless teams like Sheffield who have nothing to offer. But in games where everyone on the field needs to do something, that formation will be found out. Yesterday's game was one of the easiest United have played this season.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Can't quite say, I see that the bench is having a problem deciding that also having played James there and now decided to go with Mason. I won't be surprised if he too goes back to the bench... If you ask me between himself and James, I will go for James. Mason on my humble opinion will thrive in center of the attack, not as the points man, but rather a supporting role, because to be honest his asset is scoring goals and does pretty little if he is not scoring. You will get away with playing someone like him against hapless teams like Sheffield who have nothing to offer. But in games where everyone on the field needs to do something, that formation will be found out. Yesterday's game was one of the easiest United have played this season.
I think James is too one dimensional and in a tight game, will probably get found out like he always does, at the same time, it is all down to coaching, with the right system, the front 3 can always interchange, i do agree, Greenwood best position is through the middle, we are definitely lacking on the right side, if we can afford Sancho, that is
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS will not take this team to the promised land, next season we should be fighting for the title!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To those that felt Fernandes was a ready replacement for Pogba, do you still have the same thoughts?

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:To those that felt Fernandes was a ready replacement for Pogba, do you still have the same thoughts?
Learning never ends.
They still have a loot to learn about Pogba :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:To those that felt Fernandes was a ready replacement for Pogba, do you still have the same thoughts?
Learning never ends.
according to the press, Pogba could now be sold since Fernandes is supposed to do everything Pogba does not, the last 3 games has proven everyone wrong, Fernandes, at times, tries too hard to force the issue, with Pogba it is just natural talent, seamless!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

3-0 victory at Brighton.
Good performance. Great result.

Bruno Fernandez, great addition. Pogba settling down to business. Rashford and Martial underwhelming today. Mason was decent. David reminds us that he is still David de Gea. Matic's impressive run continues. Got mad at Ole and still keeping my fingers crossed but kudos to him - frankly I thought it would be difficult for the team to maintain the pre-covid form but so far they have shown that the only way going forward for Man United is up.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
Learning never ends.
according to the press, Pogba could now be sold since Fernandes is supposed to do everything Pogba does not, the last 3 games has proven everyone wrong, Fernandes, at times, tries too hard to force the issue, with Pogba it is just natural talent, seamless!
Pogba was guilty of that as well, too many times and often caught off guard. Lay off Bruno, he has been a great addition and responsible for most of the positivity around the team up to this point. Pogba's return has taken the team to a whole new different level and hope he stays focused. I will take both of them in the team, let's not make this a Pogba vs Bruno situation. They both came into a messy environment, they are well paid and expected to contribute immensely in turning things around - let them get the job done like true professionals.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
Learning never ends.
Pogba was guilty of that as well, too many times and often caught off guard. Lay off Bruno, he has been a great addition and responsible for most of the positivity around the team up to this point. Pogba's return has taken the team to a whole new different level and hope he stays focused. I will take both of them in the team, let's not make this a Pogba vs Bruno situation. They both came into a messy environment, they are well paid and expected to contribute immensely in turning things around - let them get the job done like true professionals.
I am not the one who starts the comparison, its the UK media! both really complement each other, i think the midfield of Matic- Pogba-Fernandes certainly looks like the best in the premiership, at least the top 2, just feel sorry for Fred, he has done a lot this season to be starting, upfront, Rashford is still rusty, Greenwood is a natural finisher, he will become world class if he continues this way, at this rate, i cannot see Daniel James get back into the starting 11, however, one should not get carried away, it was only Brighton! we need to win the rest of our games as Wolves are breathing down our necks

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
Learning never ends.
I am not the one who starts the comparison, its the UK media! both really complement each other, i think the midfield of Matic- Pogba-Fernandes certainly looks like the best in the premiership, at least the top 2, just feel sorry for Fred, he has done a lot this season to be starting, upfront, Rashford is still rusty, Greenwood is a natural finisher, he will become world class if he continues this way, at this rate, i cannot see Daniel James get back into the starting 11, however, one should not get carried away, it was only Brighton! we need to win the rest of our games as Wolves are breathing down our necks
The crazy Wolves are not joking! However, United are also giving Chelsea & Leicester sleepless nights.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
Learning never ends.
The crazy Wolves are not joking! However, United are also giving Chelsea & Leicester sleepless nights.
Wolves have a better coach than united and they have decent players as well, top 4 fight should be interesting, united have hit form at the right time

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Chelsea and Leicester lost last night throwing open the champions league spot! it should be a fight to the end, as it is, there are 4 teams in contention, Man united, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves, you can even add Arsenal to the mix

United have 6 games left

Bournemouth
Aston Villa
Southampton
Crystal Palace
West Ham
Leicester

On paper all winnable games but you can almost be assured we will drop points, we are not that consistent, though we are on form but Wolves are the in-form team of the premiership having won 4 of their last 5 games, should be interesting

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I thought 2nd place City is banned from Europe competition?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

mcal wrote:...I thought 2nd place City is banned from Europe competition?
has this been confirmed? they can appeal?

Marko
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:
Wolves have a better coach than united and they have decent players as well, top 4 fight should be interesting, united have hit form at the right time
In your opinion yes. I bet you silently wish United loses so you can say " I told you so" :taunt: .

We know it wouldn't make much difference to you even if United finishes 3rd. When they play well it's because the boys are good, when they underperform it's because the coach is bad :???: . Flawless logic :clap: :clap: :clap:
KK
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:Chelsea and Leicester lost last night throwing open the champions league spot! it should be a fight to the end, as it is, there are 4 teams in contention, Man united, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves, you can even add Arsenal to the mix

United have 6 games left

Bournemouth
Aston Villa
Southampton
Crystal Palace
West Ham
Leicester

On paper all winnable games but you can almost be assured we will drop points, we are not that consistent, though we are on form but Wolves are the in-form team of the premiership having won 4 of their last 5 games, should be interesting
Quite interesting yeah. I'll add Sheffield to the mix considering they will still meet Chelsea, Wolves and Leicester
Added to the excitement is the fixture pitching Chelsea vs Wolves and Leicester vs United on the very last day of the league :clap: :clap: . Pray the four teams remain in CL spots competition till then.

My prediction for the final 7:

1 Liverpool
2 City
3 United :thumb: :D
4 Chelsea
5 Leicester
6 Wolves
7 Sheffield
KK
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Hehe! MU-0-1-BOU :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1-1-Greenwood
Arambara!

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Penarity!!
Rashford to take it.
Arambara!

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Man U- 2-1
Arambara!

Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

:thumb: 2-1 Rashford (P)
KK