Our goalkeeping crisis appears to be over

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Our goalkeeping crisis appears to be over

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

One positive for Nigerian football at the moment is that our goalkeeping crisis appears to have resolved itself. See Dele Alampasu back to his best: https://youtu.be/FXF3pqYeutw

Also, Deportivo appear like they will avoid relegation. I would love it is Uzoho returns and reclaims the number one shirt there. If he shines, by January, a La Liga club might come in for him.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Our goalkeeping crisis appears to be over

Post by 1naija »

What sunday sunday league is this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo,who would you invite if we had a game today? Uzoho is injured, Okoye is not getting games, Alampasu is in the Latvian League, local league on hold so Ezenwa is not in shape, Akpeyi is well Akpereyi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:Ayo,who would you invite if we had a game today? Uzoho is injured, Okoye is not getting games, Alampasu is in the Latvian League, local league on hold so Ezenwa is not in shape, Akpeyi is well Akpereyi...

Vincent. Is that what you want to hear?

We have a no.1 goalkeeper. Hating will not keep him off the first team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Ayo,who would you invite if we had a game today? Uzoho is injured, Okoye is not getting games, Alampasu is in the Latvian League, local league on hold so Ezenwa is not in shape, Akpeyi is well Akpereyi...

Vincent. Is that what you want to hear?

We have a no.1 goalkeeper. Hating will not keep him off the first team.
:???: Ayo claims we don't have a GK crisis, so I asked him who he would call today to see where his head is at. BTW, who is Vincent? An active keeper we are not aware of? :huh: I hear there is also a Joseph we can really use in defense :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Anyone who calls AKPEYI our number 1 goalie, is morally corrupt...1naija, did I call your name?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Anyone who calls AKPEYI our number 1 goalie, is morally corrupt...1naija, did I call your name?
Ahhhh I forgot, that was 1Naija's angle...gotta defend 'his precious' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Uzoho is fit again
Alampasu is getting games again
Okoye is being sought by a Belgian side

These are the three goalkeepers I would take to Qatar 2022. I would invite some of the youngsters like Junaid to train with them but my three goalkeepers are all decided. Case closed!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Uzoho is fit again

These are the three goalkeepers I would take to Qatar 2022. I would invite some of the youngsters like Junaid to train with them but my three goalkeepers are all decided. Case closed!
Uzoho is Fit where? He just started running. My question is about a game today, we don’t know what’s gonna happen in 2022...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Uzoho is fit again

AYO has picked his keepers, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Uzoho is fit again

Uzoho is Fit where? He just started running. My question is about a game today, we don’t know what’s gonna happen in 2022...

Uzoho is ready to play tomorrow if the need arises: https://promptnewsonline.com/uzoho-retu ... ew-season/

Why am I even arguing with you? If we had a match tonight, those were the three goalkeepers I would select. I am prepared to live and die by my decisions.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Uzoho is fit again

AYO has picked his keepers, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. :D
Meanwhile, I take it you know Maduka Okoye is in talks with Sparta Rotterdam: https://www.completesports.com/okoye-se ... rdam-move/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Uzoho is fit again

Uzoho is ready to play tomorrow if the need arises: https://promptnewsonline.com/uzoho-retu ... ew-season/

Why am I even arguing with you? If we had a match tonight, those were the three goalkeepers I would select. I am prepared to live and die by my decisions.
He is barely back training, that’s who you would call for a match today? You are not serious...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:What sunday sunday league is this?
:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dele "Slow-motion" Alampasu
Ayo Akinfe wrote:One positive for Nigerian football at the moment is that our goalkeeping crisis appears to have resolved itself. See Dele Alampasu back to his best: https://youtu.be/FXF3pqYeutw

Also, Deportivo appear like they will avoid relegation. I would love it is Uzoho returns and reclaims the number one shirt there. If he shines, by January, a La Liga club might come in for him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He looked shaky in that video. He got beat near post and misjudged the flight of the ball on or two occasions.

i am more interested in Kareem Ojo the striker in the video.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

ohenhen1 wrote:He looked shaky in that video. He got beat near post and misjudged the flight of the ball on or two occasions.

i am more interested in Kareem Ojo the striker in the video.

I was just going to say... he looked extremely jittery. i dont know how Ayo can judge him "back to his best" from this viewing. At least he is actually getting games. Hopefully he will improve but for now he cant be anywhre ready for the Super Eagles.
YNWA
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Adebayo Adeleye (20) seems like a big prospect, his first season of professional football and he has 15 clean sheets in 33 games in the Israeli 2nd division
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree, Adebayo Adeleye is definitely one to watch out for. He looks decisive and distributes the ball well. Here are his highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGMD6XteiJY

Although he plays in the lowly Israeli 2nd division, he is only 20, so that's a plus. Another goalie to watch out for is Vincent Edafe. Edafe is one of the best young goalies in the NPFL.

Ayo, I would still take take Uzoho ahead of Alampasu. Alampasu needs to get consistent playing time in Latvia before being recalled to the SE. Uzoho is still our number one. However, he also needs consistent playing time after he fully recovers. Regarding Okoye, I saw an article on Own Goal claiming Okoye was released by Dusseldorf. Not sure if that's been verified.
Sunset wrote:Adebayo Adeleye (20) seems like a big prospect, his first season of professional football and he has 15 clean sheets in 33 games in the Israeli 2nd division
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote:Adebayo Adeleye (20) seems like a big prospect, his first season of professional football and he has 15 clean sheets in 33 games in the Israeli 2nd division
Gaaadayum. Thought I was watching a young Enyeama for a moment, this boy looks the part. He has great reflexes,good with crosses and corners,commands the box and kicks well with both feet. His distribution wasn't bad either. Only downside is that he looks a little on the short side but that didn't stop Vince. Good Luck to the boy.. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let us see if he moves on at the end of the season.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He looks taller than Enyeama. He's not as tall as Okoye or Uzoho who are very tall. Not many keepers are. My only concern about him is he seems a little quick to rush out of goal which can be good or bad. Two keepers come to mind who are quick to rush out of goal. One is Manuel Neuer, probably the best goalie of this generation, and the other is Chigozie Agbim, who was a catastrophic bust. Hopefully Adeleye earns a move to a better league and proves himself there.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Gaaadayum. Thought I was watching a young Enyeama for a moment, this boy looks the part. He has great reflexes,good with crosses and corners,commands the box and kicks well with both feet. His distribution wasn't bad either. Only downside is that he looks a little on the short side but that didn't stop Vince. Good Luck to the boy.. :thumb: