Promoted teams buy more as they rebuild. Leeds and SE

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Promoted teams buy more as they rebuild. Leeds and SE

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I will leave you bad belle people alone and just celebrate. I could have gone to town and torn some of you to shreds but there is no point.

Three points clear of second placed WBA and sex points clear of third placed Brentford with three games to go. One victory and we are more or less champions. I fear for Semi Ajayi and WBA though.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Imagine how Marcelo Bielsa will convert these players into world beaters if they join Leeds:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Alhassan Yusuf - Central midfield
Joe Aribo - Central midfield
Samuel Kalu - Wide forward
Kelechi Nwakali - Playmaker
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

The good news is money will not be a problem as there are serious Arabs lining up to but the club. Knowing Bielsa, he will demand at least £80m to but players and he will get it!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I will leave you bad belle people alone and just celebrate. I could have gone to town and torn some of you to shreds but there is no point.

Three points clear of second placed WBA and sex points clear of third placed Brentford with three games to go. One victory and we are more or less champions. I fear for Semi Ajayi and WBA though.
Odiegwu! :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Imagine how Marcelo Bielsa will convert these players into world beaters if they join Leeds:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

The good news is money will not be a problem as there are serious Arabs lining up to but the club. Knowing Bielsa, he will demand at least £80m to but players and he will get it!
Marcelo Bielsa will NOT be purchasing any of those players. fantasy is a waste of time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Imagine how Marcelo Bielsa will convert these players into world beaters if they join Leeds:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

Marcelo Bielsa will NOT be purchasing any of those players. fantasy is a waste of time.
Make we see. Bielsa is not just any manager. He thinks like a professor.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Tosin is returning to City.
to do what?
He's better than Otamendi and Stones also he's by far the best part of the WBA backline. Should be Laporte, Tosin, Garcia and whatever 70M+ pounder Pep wants.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Tosin is returning to City.
to do what?
He's better than Otamendi and Stones also he's by far the best part of the WBA backline. Should be Laporte, Tosin, Garcia and whatever 70M+ pounder Pep wants.
Which WBA? West Blackburn Albion? :?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thats cute. We all know Pep is NOT going to play Tosin ahead of Otamendi or Stones and when he can spend 150mm on 2 CBs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

If he buys any one of those players I will have him sacked.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:How woukd Nwakali, Yusuf and Awoniyi get work permkts? Abi u want them playing under the table?

:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Even if work was permitted, none of them will sniff the Yorkshire Dales, but for a stroke of madness. Bielsa will flood the deck with all manner of Spaniards and Puertos. As for Ebere, probably Everton or West Ham.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Ebere Eze - Playmaker
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

...again, if you can use your clout to get those young Nigerians big club gigs then we will reckon you...home and abroad, may be FA chairmanship :biggrin:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Congratulations in advance Ayo but I am expecting Leeds to go straight back down.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:Congratulations in advance Ayo but I am expecting Leeds to go straight back down.
Clearly you do not know Bielsa. Besides, have you seen this: https://www.footballfancast.com/leeds-u ... gossip/amp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Leeds will need heavy investment, itself a gamble ala Aston Villa. They’ll be bludgeoned. But how delightful to have those dirty Northern b*stards back.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

É are in trouble with Ayo, just when we were delivered from his 10 pointers, this happened Leeds got promoted... Who did we offend?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not promoted as yet, but between Barnsley, Charlton and Derby, they should find the 3 points needed to seal the deal. One would imagine going up as champions would be the intention henceforth.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Leeds United are heading back to the Premier League. Now, as we all know, newly promoted teams tend to buy players more than any other clubs.

As a lifelong Leeds United fan, I am looking at the areas where we need reinforcement and think the following Nigerian players would could in handy:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

With Leeds likely to play in the Charity Shield against Liverpool, it is pertinent Bielsa is made aware of the Nigerian talent he could get for cheap: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 328476.amp

Would you not all love to see the following play for Leeds in the Charity Shield then go on to secure Premier League glory with the club:

Zaidu Sanusi - Leftback
Taiwo Awoniyi- Targetman

Time to draw up a list for Bielsa!
congrats Ayo! your boys are finally back in the big boy league. Drink up mate. :clap:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Coach wrote:Wonderful result. Potential banana skin, well won. Barnsley should wrap it up.
Don’t bank on it. I hope Ayo hasn’t jinxed them
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 Niaja players who badly need to play under Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Remember how Guy Roux polished the rough Taribo West and turned him to a polished diamond? No other coach in the world today can do that better than Marcelo Bielsa. Now that Leeds are in the Premier League, I would just love it if the following played under him:

[1] Ola Aina
[2] Chigozie Awaziem
[3] Zaudi Sanusi
[4] Alhassan Yusuf
[5] Joe Aribo
[6] Kelechi Nwakali
[7] Ebere Eze
[8] Samuel Chukwueze
[9] Samuel Kalu
[10] Simon Moses

If he was given these 10 players, Bielsa would turn about five of them into world class superstars within a year. When I look at the way he has got some very average players art Leeds to become top notch, I just marvel at the man they call El Loco.

Bielsa is the ultimate professor of football and Amaju Pinnick will do well to enter into some agreement with him. Even if Leeds are not signing Nigerian players, maybe a few of them can be allowed to just train under Bielsa.

He gets his players to run, run, run and run non-stop over 90 minutes. Just imagine if we had that workrate throughout the Eagles.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 Niaja players who badly need to play under Marcelo Bi

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He can’t have too many African players until the Afcon is permanently played off season.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Kai Leeds is back, Ayo no go let us rest
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:He can’t have too many African players until the Afcon is permanently played off season.
AFCON is back to jun/july
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved