Ndubuisi Egbo on course to make history

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Ndubuisi Egbo on course to make history

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ndubuisi Egbo set to become the first Nigerian manager ever to win a European league title - See more at: https://bit.ly/2Oxik3r

Nothing beats being a pioneer as even when people come after you and achieve more, they can never take away the fact that you were the first to achieve that feat. I hope Ndubuisi puts his name into the record books with this title, as it will hopefully spur others to emulate him.

Nigerian football has produced great players but not great coaches, managers, referees, physios, administrators, etc. To excel at the highest level you need to have top notch people on every rung of the ladder.

Hopefully, this will set a new trend going. Just look at the number of Brazilian and Argentine coaches there are across Europe and ask yourself when will reach attain such heights.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndubuisi Egbo on course to make history

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndubuisi Egbo set to become the first Nigerian manager ever to win a European league title - See more at: https://bit.ly/2Oxik3r

Nothing beats being a pioneer as even when people come after you and achieve more, they can never take away the fact that you were the first to achieve that feat. I hope Ndubuisi puts his name into the record books with this title, as it will hopefully spur others to emulate him.

Nigerian football has produced great players but not great coaches, managers, referees, physios, administrators, etc. To excel at the highest level you need to have top notch people on every rung of the ladder.

Hopefully, this will set a new trend going. Just look at the number of Brazilian and Argentine coaches there are across Europe and ask yourself when will reach attain such heights.
Well done coach Egbo for your achievement and well done Ayo for digging out this story.

This might be the only way our African coaches can begin to gain inroads into the topflight leagues of the world because like all things, we have always been required to fight our way from the rocky bottom to the top.

I am disappointed Oliseh gave up on his own coaching journey but that is another story.

We wish coach Egbo even greater success in seasons to come! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Is he the goalkeeping coach?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Is he the goalkeeping coach?
Read the link. Since 2019 he has been head coach
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Brilliant, is Amo still coaching in Europe?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Personally, I would like to believe that Nigerian league is stronger than the Albanian league (Kategoria Superiore) that consists of 10 clubs. Europe or not. Nevertheless , I say more grease to his elbow :thumbs: .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategoria_Superiore
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Great new. I hope Egbo uses this as a stepping stone to a bigger league in Europe.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Will take part in champions league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Can we make him SE coach now with Ayo as his agent? :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
Nigerian coach on verge of history in Europe

Post by COOKING SPOON »

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/nig ... z75tJCMiSE

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Ndubuisi Egbo is two wins away from leading KF Tirana to the league title in Albania.

If Tirana emerge league winners, it would be the first time a Nigerian would lead a European team to the league title.

Egbo’s Tirana currently lead the Albanian top flight with 66 points from 33 games and need at least six points to be crowned champions of the division.

Second-placed Kukesi are four points adrift Tirana with 62 points from the same games played.

Tirana will face Flamurtari, Laci and Bylis in their remaining three league fixtures of the season
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Already posted, but it is the Albanian league. Nevertheless a championship is a championship can't discount his efforts.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

iworo wrote:Personally, I would like to believe that Nigerian league is stronger than the Albanian league (Kategoria Superiore) that consists of 10 clubs. Europe or not. Nevertheless , I say more grease to his elbow :thumbs: .

The Nigerian League is possibly stronger than a lot of these smaller European national leagues because of the players available but as for organisation it probably ranks way behind Vietnam.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
iworo wrote:Personally, I would like to believe that Nigerian league is stronger than the Albanian league (Kategoria Superiore) that consists of 10 clubs. Europe or not. Nevertheless , I say more grease to his elbow :thumbs: .

The Nigerian League is possibly stronger than a lot of these smaller European national leagues because of the players available but as for organisation it probably ranks way behind Vietnam.
I don't know about that :lol:, but Vietnamese Premier League was voted the third most corrupt league in the world few years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/in ... y%20locals.
Next
Egg
Egg
CONGRATS: Coach Egbo makes History-Wins Albania League

Post by Next »

Big congratulations to him!!!
Egbo makes history, wins Albania league with Tirana
https://punchng.com/egbo-makes-history- ... th-tirana/
Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Ndubuisi Egbo on Sunday entered the history books as the first Nigerian manager to win silverware with a topflight European club, when he guided FK Tirana to the Albania league title.

The 2000 and 2002 AFCON goalkeeper could also become the first-ever Nigerian and African coach to win a double as Tirana are also in the final of the Albania Cup.

The title win is Tirana’s 25th and their first since 2009.

Tirana were confirmed champions after second-place Kukesi lost 1-0 at struggling Vllaznia on Sunday.

The result means Tirana, currently on 69 points, are now seven points ahead of Kukesi (on 62 points) with two games left to play. They will feature in next season’s UEFA Champions League qualification stage.

The 46-year-old Nigerian manager, who is in his second spell at the club, will be aiming for a double in Albania after guiding Tirana to the final of the Albania Cup.

Tirana overcame a 2-1 first-leg deficit against KF Bylis Ballsh to win 2-0 in the second leg to advance to the final with a 3-2 aggregate win.

The newly crowned Albanian champions will face KS Teuta Durres in the final billed for August 1.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian coach wins Albanian league, Qualifies for ECL

Post by Purity »

At a time when Nigeria's image is struggling in the media, Ndubsi Egbo brings positive image to Nigeria. It might not be the Champions league proper, but winning the Albanian league, and perhaps the double in Albania, is good news to African coaches.

The Nigeria's football national team coach is a foreigner from Germany. He has done well, he just sigined a contract extention with defenite achievements.

Albania is not a power house in European football, but is good omen that African coaches can achieve in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYNnDZcKUfQ
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian coach wins Albanian league, Qualifies for ECL

Post by Molue Conductor »

This reminds me. Where is Oliseh these days. I recall Siasia has a lifetime ban
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Purity wrote:At a time when Nigeria's image is struggling in the media, Ndubsi Egbo brings positive image to Nigeria. It might not be the Champions league proper, but winning the Albanian league, and perhaps the double in Albania, is good news to African coaches.

The Nigeria's football national team coach is a foreigner from Germany. He has done well, he just sigined a contract extention with defenite achievements.

Albania is not a power house in European football, but is good omen that African coaches can achieve in Europe.

Congrats to him and thanks for the info. One can now follow his club in the UCL qualification series.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote:At a time when Nigeria's image is struggling in the media, Ndubsi Egbo brings positive image to Nigeria. It might not be the Champions league proper, but winning the Albanian league, and perhaps the double in Albania, is good news to African coaches.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

A Nigerian coach wins a league in Europe, but the **** defenders like damunk and co refuses to acknowledge this thread....wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The Nigeria's football national team coach is a foreigner from Germany. He has done well, he just signed a contract extension with definite achievements.

video has been clocked. Why don't you try to edit your videos with a banner blocking other parties, this way you don't get charged for copyrights
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

sorry.. i am updating it.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Congrats to the man. Whether big league or small league, he is still a winner.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."