2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v LEI [WK 37]

Post by Its a Goal »

Na you sabi. Nick picking. If Moura did put the ball where Kane collected it from he wouldn't have been able to set himself up to score :P.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] SHU v TOT [WK 32]

Post by Cristao II »

Sleaky72 wrote:So Saint Totteringham Day is in play this season?
Wow :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

come again!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] SHU v TOT [WK 32]

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Sleaky72[/color] wrote: So Saint Totteringham Day is in play this season?
Wow :sneaky:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

come again!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Welcome back :tic:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] CRY v TOT [WK 38]

Post by benteke »

Can i ask a Q.
When Jose took over at Spurs they were 14th or so isn't it.
What about Arteta, did they take over same time and where was Arsenal on the table when Arteta took over.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

benteke wrote:Can i ask a Q.
When Jose took over at Spurs they were 14th or so isn't it.
What about Arteta, did they take over same time and where was Arsenal on the table when Arteta took over.
Arteta took over when Arsenal was 10th, I believe GW18 was his first game from looking at the table and Wiki

Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.
On 20 December 2019, Arsenal appointed former midfielder and club captain Mikel Arteta as their new head coach on a three-and-a-half-year contract. He joined from Manchester City having worked there as an assistant manager.
However Arsenal was 8th when Emery was fired - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%8 ... ier_League

Premier League website - https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=274&ha=-1

On 20 Dec 2019, Arsenal were 10th having just lost to Man City on 15th December.

Spurs were in 14th place (GW12) when Mourinho started on 20 November 2019.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

At least it seems Arteta solidified their position :)
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

JoMo seems to have found his starting 11 as he remained consistent with it. The only change is Dier for Sanchez to partner Toby. I believe this will be CB pairing for next season as well. Winks and Sissoko to marshal the midfield, Lo Celso anchoring the offensive side of the midfield while Son and Lucas will be looking to service Kane upfront. On paper looks like an easy but as everyone knows football is not mathematics.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Don't ever doubt Kane when he is on fire.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

He shoots, he scores
Can Kane still get the golden boot
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:JoMo seems to have found his starting 11 as he remained consistent with it. The only change is Dier for Sanchez to partner Toby. I believe this will be CB pairing for next season as well. Winks and Sissoko to marshal the midfield, Lo Celso anchoring the offensive side of the midfield while Son and Lucas will be looking to service Kane upfront. On paper looks like an easy but as everyone knows football is not mathematics.
your starting 11 will change by at least 3 players next season.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: JoMo seems to have found his starting 11 as he remained consistent with it. The only change is Dier for Sanchez to partner Toby. I believe this will be CB pairing for next season as well. Winks and Sissoko to marshal the midfield, Lo Celso anchoring the offensive side of the midfield while Son and Lucas will be looking to service Kane upfront. On paper looks like an easy but as everyone knows football is not mathematics.
Name the players that won't be starting.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Twinkle toe Moura almost beats Crystal Palace's defense. Goal line clearance saved the day.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If only Kane had anticipated that Moura move he would have had a simple tap in.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: JoMo seems to have found his starting 11 as he remained consistent with it. The only change is Dier for Sanchez to partner Toby. I believe this will be CB pairing for next season as well. Winks and Sissoko to marshal the midfield, Lo Celso anchoring the offensive side of the midfield while Son and Lucas will be looking to service Kane upfront. On paper looks like an easy but as everyone knows football is not mathematics.
I am sorry, but you listened to your coach's interviews and his hustle to bring in Holjberg and you think this is your first 11 for next season? :lol: :lol: :lol: Abeg no make me laugh.

I am not even referring to your team improving to be successful. I am referring to your coach already making decisions to purchase at least 3 starters and a couple of bench players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
I agree with danfo. Unless certain players dramatically improve, there will be changes. Expect at least a CM, FB and I am not sure if changes are required in AM or a defensive position (DM or CB).

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, I have listened to and read JoMo's comments about transfers and nothing has changed regarding his expectations. Hojberg has gone to Everton and JoMo doesn't appear to be disturbed about it. If you were referring to Aurier been replaced I could entertain likewise Moura but aside those I don't see who else's position is under threat.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Poor defending. Really appalling. JoMo won't be happy with that.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Slack goal to concede
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura should have done better there. Direct it on target.

Bergwijn on LoCelso.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hugo almost dropped a clanger.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
I agree with danfo. Unless certain players dramatically improve, there will be changes. Expect at least a CM, FB and I am not sure if changes are required in AM or a defensive position (DM or CB).
Bro, whether they drastically improve or not is irrelevant. Any team that wants any type of success has to improve. You are buying a RB, CB, DM and RW, just to name a few.

And even ignoring what I have said above, this is the biggest problem with Spurs, fans like IAG who are content with mediocrity. You win a few matches and you forget the problems? You think when others have improved next season you will finish in top 10 with this team? :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Please take Sisssoko off for Dele.