Maduka Okoye signs 2 year deal with Sparta Rotterdam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Maduka Okoye signs 2 year deal with Sparta Rotterdam

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:BUT If Maduka was invited by a LOCAL (Amodu, Keshi etc) COACH the narrative will surely be different!
There would have been questions asked also. The main issue for me is how did he perform in training and when he played for the SE. Some players are talented but haven't been so lucky with their club football and a coach is allowed to have a look at such players. My dislike for Keshi's methods is not secret. I think he employed this strategy too often to the detriment of the team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote:Cellular,

You be my boss and I tend to agree with majority of your points... but this your argument here is seriously flawed bro. Sometimes it's not a bad look on yourself or your ego to accept you are out of line with facts and logic, instead of dribbling yourself into cul-de-sacs in the name of proving a point.
Bros, na opinion way I get, nothing more.

I don't think there's any credible football reason why Maduka was giving the Maduka treatment.

It is very okay to invite him for none football reason. I have stated as much.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:I don't even understand what the issue is! Genuine fans of the SE are just happy that Maduka's club career is settled and he can focus on challenging Uzoho for the No 1 shirt.
We, the genuine fans, are happy that the weakest department in the SE is being strengthened.
Chief, I know you are a genuine fan.

So excuse us immitation fans who just ask for a clear concise criteria for inviting lower rung players.

Rohr imsef tok say for a local player to be invited and get some minutes, he MUST be a lot better than the foriegn pros... not marginally better, but a lot better.

Some of you might be looking at Maduka's upside, as in he is young and will improve... but the same Rohr carried players to the WC that he had no intentions of using after the World Cup.

Us immitation fans just want to know his mindset so we can keep him accountable...

And not when tailor tear cloth na new style... but for you original authentic fans, when Obioma tear cloth, he must replace your material.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:

So excuse us immitation fans who just ask for a clear concise criteria for inviting lower rung players.

Rohr imsef tok say for a local player to be invited and get some minutes, he MUST be a lot better than the foriegn pros... not marginally better, but a lot better.

Some of you might be looking at Maduka's upside, as in he is young and will improve... but the same Rohr carried players to the WC that he had no intentions of using after the World Cup.

Us immitation fans just want to know his mindset so we can keep him accountable...

And not when tailor tear cloth na new style... but for you original authentic fans, when Obioma tear cloth, he must replace your material.
That´s what they accuse Keshi of doing.....

Rohr is a man of integrity, he wouldn´t do what you allege. Rohr drop players after the WC, no Rohr will do no such thing.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That´s what they accuse Keshi of doing.....

Rohr is a man of integrity, he wouldn´t do what you allege. Rohr drop players after the WC, no Rohr will do no such thing.
At least Rohr did not carry players he had no intention of using during the WC to Russia!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: At least Rohr did not carry players he had no intention of using during the WC to Russia!
I agree with you. Rohr carried players to the WC, he had no intention of using after the WC.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: At least Rohr did not carry players he had no intention of using during the WC to Russia!
I agree with you. Rohr carried players to the WC, he had no intention of using after the WC.
Not all players in WC squads remain relevant after the WC. A new cycle starts after the WC and it's normal that some players are discarded and new ones brought in. An example is England where players like Young, Cahill and Vardy weren't called up after the 2018 WC.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Not all players in WC squads remain relevant after the WC. A new cycle starts after the WC and it's normal that some players are discarded and new ones brought in. An example is England where players like Young, Cahill and Vardy weren't called up after the 2018 WC.
One rule of Rohr, another rule for Keshi :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote: Not all players in WC squads remain relevant after the WC. A new cycle starts after the WC and it's normal that some players are discarded and new ones brought in. An example is England where players like Young, Cahill and Vardy weren't called up after the 2018 WC.
Okay, now apply that to Keshi's team. LOL. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote:
fabio wrote:
... Wait ooooo! I thought Rohr took the 2nd youngest team to the WC. Why discard young players with WC experience :tic:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
fabio wrote:
... Wait ooooo! I thought Rohr took the 2nd youngest team to the WC. Why discard young players with WC experience :tic:
Why discard Bryan Idowu when an upgrade in Jamilu Collins is discovered? Why discard Simy for Osimhen?
It's obvious you just like arguing and looking for "equalisers" where they match up or not!
That's why I feel sorry for anyone who gets into a discussion with you. You must always have the last word, whether it makes sense or not!
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Why discard Bryan Idowu when an upgrade in Jamilu Collins is discovered? Why discard Simy for Osimhen?
It's obvious you just like arguing and looking for "equalisers" where they match up or not!
That's why I feel sorry for anyone who gets into a discussion with you. You must always have the last word, whether it makes sense or not!
In other words, Rohr went to the WC to learn :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

.... You should feel sorry for yourself, for engaging in a conversation with me :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:Why discard Bryan Idowu when an upgrade in Jamilu Collins is discovered? Why discard Simy for Osimhen?
In other words, Rohr went to the WC to learn :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

.... You should feel sorry for yourself, for engaging in a conversation with me :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Very unfortunate discussing with a clueless person.. I will keep trying to educate you. Who knows? You may see the light. :roll: :roll:
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:
Very unfortunate discussing with a clueless person.. I will keep trying to educate you. Who knows? You may see the light. :roll: :roll:
I like your tactics....

First, dodge the topic. :lol:

Second, narrow the discussion to me. :thumbs:

Third, insult me. :rotf:

Fourth, hope I would respond with insults :D

Fifth, Mods locks the thread and it buried :biggrin:

Lastly, I am mod, I take blows without retaliation :taunt: :taunt:

On seeing the light. Yes, One rule for Keshi (set and expect high standards), another for Rohr (lower the bar to the barest minimum and make excuses).

You called Keshi names for discarding players after the WC.

You made excuses for Rohr, when Rohr discarded players after the WC.

Hypocrisy.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I like your tactics....

First, dodge the topic. :lol:

Second, narrow the discussion to me. :thumbs:

Third, insult me. :rotf:

Fourth, hope I would respond with insults :D

Fifth, Mods locks the thread and it buried :biggrin:

Lastly, I am mod, I take blows without retaliation :taunt: :taunt:

On seeing the light. Yes, One rule for Keshi (set and expect high standards), another for Rohr (lower the bar to the barest minimum and make excuses).

You called Keshi names for discarding players after the WC.

You made excuses for Rohr, when Rohr discarded players after the WC.

Hypocrisy.
I'm not going to discuss Keshi again. He's a legend of Nigerian football and I will not tarnish his legacy.
You can read whatever meaning suits you to my comments and if you feel insulted, it was not my intention.
I will not be drawn into going round in circles.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wanaj0 wrote:BUT If Maduka was invited by a LOCAL (Amodu, Keshi etc) COACH the narrative will surely be different!
Dis man, take your time o with making sense and cutting to the chase... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:
There would have been questions asked also. The main issue for me is how did he perform in training and when he played for the SE. Some players are talented but haven't been so lucky with their club football and a coach is allowed to have a look at such players. My dislike for Keshi's methods is not secret. I think he employed this strategy too often to the detriment of the team.
Exactly Bro! Imagine the ‘detriment’ the team suffered by WINNING the ANC and making the WC round of 16... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Chief, you are playing the race card here and it is absolutely NOT necessary and not even true.
Its a disingenuous, dishonest argument used to denigrate those who support Rohr, not because of his race but because of what he is achieving and how he is trying to achieve it.

I could equally play the reverse race card to favour my argument, especially when the pivot of the debate is around Rohr and his 'German boy" Maduka AND the fact that you seem to have absolutely no problem with invitations extended to similar youth 'keepers Alampasu and Uzoho - our very own 'Nigerian' boys. But race is IRRELEVANT and so you guys should stop giving it mileage.

This discussion shouldn't be about cheap point-scoring.
Its the 'WOWO' smear in disguise which just doesn't apply to any of us in a serious discussion such as this.
Bro, you can classify it however you wish so long classify it is as FACTUAL...
The reality is that similar acts by indigenous coaches is precipitously tagged as corrupt.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:At least Rohr did not carry players he had no intention of using during the WC to Russia!
He just invites players for matches like Bulgarian dude who (according to YOU) he has no intention of using... :lol:

BTW, how many games did Joel Obi, John Ogu, Awaziem, Onazi (let’s leave out the reserve GKs) play at the Russia WC?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
Dammy wrote:At least Rohr did not carry players he had no intention of using during the WC to Russia!
He just invites players for matches like Bulgarian dude who (according to YOU) he has no intention of using... :lol:

BTW, how many games did Joel Obi, John Ogu, Awaziem, Onazi (let’s leave out the reserve GKs) play at the Russia WC?!
Boss there are many better examples to use don’t know why they are so focused on Maduka who is actually justifying Rohr belief in him...how can the Viv Solomon guy get an invite before Ejuke?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:Chief, you are playing the race card here and it is absolutely NOT necessary and not even true.
Its a disingenuous, dishonest argument used to denigrate those who support Rohr, not because of his race but because of what he is achieving and how he is trying to achieve it.

I could equally play the reverse race card to favour my argument, especially when the pivot of the debate is around Rohr and his 'German boy" Maduka AND the fact that you seem to have absolutely no problem with invitations extended to similar youth 'keepers Alampasu and Uzoho - our very own 'Nigerian' boys. But race is IRRELEVANT and so you guys should stop giving it mileage.

This discussion shouldn't be about cheap point-scoring.
Its the 'WOWO' smear in disguise which just doesn't apply to any of us in a serious discussion such as this.
Bro, you can classify it however you wish so long classify it is as FACTUAL...
The reality is that similar acts by indigenous coaches is precipitously tagged as corrupt.
>
That's the point.
It is not factual. Its a cheap, below the belt shot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:That's the point.
Exactly how is not factual?
That ICs have not been tagged corrupt for speculative callups by some folks now rationalizing Rohr’s?

Please let’s have an HONEST discourse instead of emotive sophistry...
The thing about mixed-race is not being RATIONALLY adjudged as anti-black or anti-white. Stick to FACTS!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Damunk wrote:That's the point.
Exactly how is not factual?
That ICs have not been tagged corrupt for speculative callups by some folks now rationalizing Rohr’s?

Please let’s have an HONEST discourse instead of emotive sophistry...
The thing about mixed-race is not being RATIONALLY adjudged as anti-black or anti-white. Stick to FACTS!
Oh please.
Look who's talking about sophistry. :rotf:
Sophistry my left foot.

When 'Lagerback' and 'Betty' were ridiculed on this board for their poor performance (and even believed to have been engaged in underhand deals) was it because we suddenly forgot they were white?

Some of us are not willing to be drawn into 'he said, she said'-style allegations of corruption and 'dropology' against some of our past coaches. It ain't gonna happen.

Its not as if it isn't all out there in abundance and the false equivalence being used to flog the matter (as you have typically done in the red highlighted part of your post by way of example) isn't gonna work.
That's a dead horse - excuse the pun.

As for what you are on about wrt 'mixed race', you might have to be kind enough to clarify, cos its not clear.
Tenks.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "