Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:United is a mentally weak side, a team that falls apart when it matters most. A mentally strong side would have taken care of business at Old Trafford today and make the Leicester game irrelevant
Pressure is a big important word.
Even Chelsea find themselves needing not to lose on Sunday and no-one can guarantee that will not happen because anything can happen.
Chelsea could have secured top 4 long ago. Same for Leicester, at some point they were some 10 points or so ahead of United.

But here we are.
Let's enjoy this lovely race for top 4
The problem here is the history of United under Ole. Look at the way they fell apart last season, they could not even pick three 3 points from a team already relegated when they needed it most last season in the closing games of the season. Strange the likeness, they came off a long run of wins which made everyone to begin to sing Ole Ole Ole Ole... But when it mattered most they flattened out and could not pick the points that mattered even when they were being fed teams that were there for the slaughter.

Look at them again this season, every time they have the chance presented to them on a platter of gold, they suddenly turn to a man who promised so much to a woman but the scheduled meeting, he simply could not get it up,leaving the expectant woman frustrated. What else can a team hoping to pick a champions league hope for in the closing games of the season at home, could they wish more than a Southampton or Westham?

The way they were dismantled by Chelsea inside Wembley, that in itself is a worry.

Yes pressure is the word and this is where the mental strength of a team is put under scrutiny. A player bringing his hand to cover his face inside the penalty box thus giving away a cheap penalty to a weak opponent, tells you all manner story.

I hope they can beat Leicester, they have a chance, because they are being managed by a guy who appears to be a mental midget as well as his own team appear to be crumbling. Trying to analyse how Rogers mismanaged his team with his sudden love of back three ar thís stage of the league will lead to another long story. The hope for united is, without Soyuncu in the defence, Leicester are like a lamb being led to the slaughter... The question is does United have the cojones to take the knife to the throat of the lamb and draw the blood out?
You are absolutely correct here my brother.
In addition to your points, one of the best i took from a manager post match conference was when Klopp was praising his players for being mentality giants, he kept saying unbelievable f....king mentality giants. That was after the 4-0 win against Barcelona at Anfield

How does a manager instill mental strength into his players, what happened to Barcelona that day, that team had players who have shown mental steel in big games before.

How would a manager like Ole make United stronger mentally, is it down the character of the manager, or does it mean he has to get a leader on the pitch
It is part of the culture and character of a team and it is built over the time with the blend of the right players. The attitude I see with this United team can be likened to the Liverpool team labelled the spice boys. A bunch of talented young players who believe football is just for fun and nothing else. Massively gifted but just don't see the need to rise to the occasion, preferring to do so only when they feel like it. When you have a team and the key players are the ones who drop the ball when it matters most, something is wrong there.

Take example the Chelsea team of Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole, Bison those guys you can go into battle with them any time of the day.

It's funny how Ole will be given Sancho and perhaps someone else after finishing with a point total no higher than the previous season, when the previous manager was only given Dalot and Fred and he came in second place with 81 points.

To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive

marko wrote:To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive
Not TRUE. You told us you have everything to win the CL. Mourinho was the ONLY problem. Now that he is gone, time to win the TREBLE :thumb:

marko wrote:To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive
Not TRUE. You told us you have everything to win the CL. Mourinho was the ONLY problem. Now that he is gone, time to win the TREBLE :thumb:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Remember his song?
Ole is at the Wheel!

We are as good as PSG!

Ole is at the Wheel!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

I said, who is at the wheeeeeeeel!!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

We are as good as PSG! Yes we are!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

Anylne got a link for Man U game

Still cant believe they gave Matic a contract extention :rotf: :rotf:

Comrade Machel wrote:Anylne got a link for Man U game
http://www.hesgoal.com/

That Schmeichel should be investigated

oloye wrote:That Schmeichel should be investigated
iheanacho and Evans as well. Ndidi needs to run away from that club ASAP

Did his mistake (whistle was about to blow anyway) really affect anything? 1-0 or 2-0 would have been the same outcome...abi

When a player does something like this repeatedly it tells you a lot about the club. He started the madness in the game against Bournemouth, to watch him repeat the same mistake today was just unpardonable, little things like that from the key players in a team destroys a club culture

I see what you mean, I don’t know what’s going on with him, I’m sure even his pops will be giving him stick about repeating these types of dumb plays at crucial moments in games like he did kicking the ball off Ndidis behind which completely changed the swing of that game. To get to the next level he def has to address this issue, don’t know if it’s overconfidence or lack of concentration.

...some goalies can be dumb, example this Leicester keeper, and Chelsea goalie.

I see what you mean, I don’t know what’s going on with him, I’m sure even his pops will be giving him stick about repeating these types of dumb plays at crucial moments in games like he did kicking the ball off Ndidis behind which completely changed the swing of that game. To get to the next level he def has to address this issue, don’t know if it’s overconfidence or lack of concentration.
Strangely I could wager a bet that Schmeichel would never make such mistakes, even the Bournemouth one I was willing to give him a pass. That was why I could not believe when I saw him try to dribble today, that was just dumb

Sancho deal on the cusps of completion. 90 large. Interesting. Very interesting.

The weirdest thing about Schmeichel's mistake is that he had loads of time and space and (at least) 2 unmarked Leicester players to pass the ball to (including Ndidi). Yet he decided for no apparent reason to try a Cruyff turn while being closed down by Lingard (who for all his recent problems, remains very rapid and fleet footed). Ndidi was fuming mad after what Schmeichel did.

He will improve the team. Good luck fitting him, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Pogba, and Fernandes into the same starting 11 though.

I hope Man Utd have money remaining to buy a striker and DM (which are bigger problem areas in the squad).
Coach wrote:Sancho deal on the cusps of completion. 90 large. Interesting. Very interesting.

Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week

yesterday game, boring as #$%$! well at least a semi-final spot

marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week

With Man U or with Dortmund?

balo wrote:
marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week

With Man U or with Dortmund?
with United. as i now understand, the transfer talks have broken down over the high transfer fees

marko wrote:yesterday game, boring as #$%$! well at least a semi-final spot
...that was a labored win.
If not for the penalty, could have gone to shootouts, and that goalie Johnson is very good.