Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:United is a mentally weak side, a team that falls apart when it matters most. A mentally strong side would have taken care of business at Old Trafford today and make the Leicester game irrelevant
Pressure is a big important word.
Even Chelsea find themselves needing not to lose on Sunday and no-one can guarantee that will not happen because anything can happen.
Chelsea could have secured top 4 long ago. Same for Leicester, at some point they were some 10 points or so ahead of United.

But here we are.
Let's enjoy this lovely race for top 4
The problem here is the history of United under Ole. Look at the way they fell apart last season, they could not even pick three 3 points from a team already relegated when they needed it most last season in the closing games of the season. Strange the likeness, they came off a long run of wins which made everyone to begin to sing Ole Ole Ole Ole... But when it mattered most they flattened out and could not pick the points that mattered even when they were being fed teams that were there for the slaughter.

Look at them again this season, every time they have the chance presented to them on a platter of gold, they suddenly turn to a man who promised so much to a woman but the scheduled meeting, he simply could not get it up,leaving the expectant woman frustrated. What else can a team hoping to pick a champions league hope for in the closing games of the season at home, could they wish more than a Southampton or Westham?

The way they were dismantled by Chelsea inside Wembley, that in itself is a worry.

Yes pressure is the word and this is where the mental strength of a team is put under scrutiny. A player bringing his hand to cover his face inside the penalty box thus giving away a cheap penalty to a weak opponent, tells you all manner story.

I hope they can beat Leicester, they have a chance, because they are being managed by a guy who appears to be a mental midget as well as his own team appear to be crumbling. Trying to analyse how Rogers mismanaged his team with his sudden love of back three ar thís stage of the league will lead to another long story. The hope for united is, without Soyuncu in the defence, Leicester are like a lamb being led to the slaughter... The question is does United have the cojones to take the knife to the throat of the lamb and draw the blood out?
You are absolutely correct here my brother.
In addition to your points, one of the best i took from a manager post match conference was when Klopp was praising his players for being mentality giants, he kept saying unbelievable f....king mentality giants. That was after the 4-0 win against Barcelona at Anfield

How does a manager instill mental strength into his players, what happened to Barcelona that day, that team had players who have shown mental steel in big games before.

How would a manager like Ole make United stronger mentally, is it down the character of the manager, or does it mean he has to get a leader on the pitch
It is part of the culture and character of a team and it is built over the time with the blend of the right players. The attitude I see with this United team can be likened to the Liverpool team labelled the spice boys. A bunch of talented young players who believe football is just for fun and nothing else. Massively gifted but just don't see the need to rise to the occasion, preferring to do so only when they feel like it. When you have a team and the key players are the ones who drop the ball when it matters most, something is wrong there.

Take example the Chelsea team of Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole, Bison those guys you can go into battle with them any time of the day.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It's funny how Ole will be given Sancho and perhaps someone else after finishing with a point total no higher than the previous season, when the previous manager was only given Dalot and Fred and he came in second place with 81 points.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive
Not TRUE. You told us you have everything to win the CL. Mourinho was the ONLY problem. Now that he is gone, time to win the TREBLE :thumb:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:To be honest, i would prefer if we do not qualify for champions league! There are too many glaring issues at united, the number one issue is the board, no structure, inept coach and the players, until we fix 1 and 2 , we will comtinue to flatter to deceive
Not TRUE. You told us you have everything to win the CL. Mourinho was the ONLY problem. Now that he is gone, time to win the TREBLE :thumb:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Remember his song?
Ole is at the Wheel!

We are as good as PSG!

Ole is at the Wheel!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

I said, who is at the wheeeeeeeel!!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

We are as good as PSG! Yes we are!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!
:lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Anylne got a link for Man U game
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Still cant believe they gave Matic a contract extention :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Comrade Machel wrote:Anylne got a link for Man U game
http://www.hesgoal.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That Schmeichel should be investigated
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:That Schmeichel should be investigated
iheanacho and Evans as well. Ndidi needs to run away from that club ASAP
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Did his mistake (whistle was about to blow anyway) really affect anything? 1-0 or 2-0 would have been the same outcome...abi
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Did his mistake (whistle was about to blow anyway) really affect anything? 1-0 or 2-0 would have been the same outcome...abi
When a player does something like this repeatedly it tells you a lot about the club. He started the madness in the game against Bournemouth, to watch him repeat the same mistake today was just unpardonable, little things like that from the key players in a team destroys a club culture

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
When a player does something like this repeatedly it tells you a lot about the club. He started the madness in the game against Bournemouth, to watch him repeat the same mistake today was just unpardonable, little things like that from the key players in a team destroys a club culture
I see what you mean, I don’t know what’s going on with him, I’m sure even his pops will be giving him stick about repeating these types of dumb plays at crucial moments in games like he did kicking the ball off Ndidis behind which completely changed the swing of that game. To get to the next level he def has to address this issue, don’t know if it’s overconfidence or lack of concentration.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...some goalies can be dumb, example this Leicester keeper, and Chelsea goalie.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I see what you mean, I don’t know what’s going on with him, I’m sure even his pops will be giving him stick about repeating these types of dumb plays at crucial moments in games like he did kicking the ball off Ndidis behind which completely changed the swing of that game. To get to the next level he def has to address this issue, don’t know if it’s overconfidence or lack of concentration.
Strangely I could wager a bet that Schmeichel would never make such mistakes, even the Bournemouth one I was willing to give him a pass. That was why I could not believe when I saw him try to dribble today, that was just dumb

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sancho deal on the cusps of completion. 90 large. Interesting. Very interesting.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The weirdest thing about Schmeichel's mistake is that he had loads of time and space and (at least) 2 unmarked Leicester players to pass the ball to (including Ndidi). Yet he decided for no apparent reason to try a Cruyff turn while being closed down by Lingard (who for all his recent problems, remains very rapid and fleet footed). Ndidi was fuming mad after what Schmeichel did.
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He will improve the team. Good luck fitting him, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Pogba, and Fernandes into the same starting 11 though.

I hope Man Utd have money remaining to buy a striker and DM (which are bigger problem areas in the squad).
Coach wrote:Sancho deal on the cusps of completion. 90 large. Interesting. Very interesting.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yesterday game, boring as #$%$! well at least a semi-final spot

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week

With Man U or with Dortmund?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

balo wrote:
marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week

With Man U or with Dortmund?
with United. as i now understand, the transfer talks have broken down over the high transfer fees

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

marko wrote:yesterday game, boring as #$%$! well at least a semi-final spot
...that was a labored win.
If not for the penalty, could have gone to shootouts, and that goalie Johnson is very good.