CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB 2019/2020 SEASON THREAD

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Think Frank has had a relatively easy ride this season.

But with the large cash outlay on txfers, will come pressure.

Think he plays a 'lil bit to the gallery sometimes; a little like Rogers who frankly is a fraud...

Against 'pool in a largely meaningless game, one couldn't but notice he was lost once Klopp adjusted the team shape to deal with his 3-man backline. And what I thought was instructive was that he continued to flail until fresh players came on and made the failures less obvious, plus his touchline rant to deflect from this...
And FA Cup quarter finals nko? What adjustments did Klopp make while losing 0-2 to Lampard?

Lampard has been short handed in midfield with Kanté’s multiple injuries this season and it’s exposed more when they have to chase results because Jorginho is too slow and not physical enough to concede tactical fouls - part of the problem at Anefield.

By the way, Klopp had a relatively easy ride this season with top teams in transition or slowed down by injuries (like City).
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kepa has a 7 year contract with Chelsea, 7.5 million pounds a year salary
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:

Think he plays a 'lil bit to the gallery sometimes; a little like Rogers who frankly is a fraud...

Against 'pool in a largely meaningless game, one couldn't but notice he was lost once Klopp adjusted the team shape to deal with his 3-man backline. And what I thought was instructive was that he continued to flail until fresh players came on and made the failures less obvious, plus his touchline rant to deflect from this...
And FA Cup quarter finals nko? What adjustments did Klopp make while losing 0-2 to Lampard?

Lampard has been short handed in midfield with Kanté’s multiple injuries this season and it’s exposed more when they have to chase results because Jorginho is too slow and not physical enough to concede tactical fouls - part of the problem at Anefield.

By the way, Klopp had a relatively easy ride this season with top teams in transition or slowed down by injuries (like City).
My point is, the real test is next season with much greater expectations.

And the idea Klopp had an easy ride in the PL is simply preposterous...

As for the FA cup loss, everyone and their grandma knows LFC don't put any serious thought to the domestic cups...

The mid part of the season coinciding with Chelsea's good run had Jorginho as one of the best CMs in the league. But once the team is not doing well, folks then dump on him.

Jorginho is a top, top CM/deep lying playmaker. I saw him for a full season at Napoli. He and Mikel are roughly in the same "DM school", with individual differences of course...And Napoli passed the ball much faster than Lampard's chelsea...

It's not simply about him being too slow...I can understand that/if Lampard wants to play a different way; but the conventional British tendency of dumping on Jorginho just does not wash for me....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don't know how G for life managed to convince himself that Klop had an easy ride. They started the season with the fears about two of their star performers being worn ou from two consecutive seasons where they have been involved in competitions that denied that off season breaks. Mane and Sallah, in fact for a long stretch Mane was being made to play for a few minutes to avoid total burn out.
They started the season with Allison injured and had to play with a keeper they brought back from retirement.

They had the world club championship to contend with in addition to the existing commitments.

How could anyone arrive at the conclusion that the season was easy. At some points they started dropping plosing in succession and everyone was mocking their failed invincibility challenge.

No they did not have an easy season, they worked hard for it and made it look easy. That was what they did, they should have won it a season earlier if not for the dropped points, it would have been two in a row, that is how good and better they were in comparison to the rest of the park.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

As for the FA cup loss, everyone and their grandma knows LFC don't put any serious thought to the domestic cups...

The mid part of the season coinciding with Chelsea's good run had Jorginho as one of the best CMs in the league. But once the team is not doing well, folks then dump on him.

Jorginho is a top, top CM/deep lying playmaker. I saw him for a full season at Napoli. He and Mikel are roughly in the same "DM school", with individual differences of course...And Napoli passed the ball much faster than Lampard's chelsea...

It's not simply about him being too slow...I can understand that/if Lampard wants to play a different way; but the conventional British tendency of dumping on Jorginho just does not wash for me....
Of course, when Klopp lost to Lampard 0-2 in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup, somehow, that doesn't count. Really? Why don't you list the lineups for both teams and show us who out-coached who on that day.

Other managers before him have quietly done a League/ FA Cup double with much less fuss than is being made for Klopp but somehow Klopp gets a pass in a season where the league was easily won by Christmas. There goes your easy ride.

Wrt to Jorginho, he's a good player but he's limited and you of all folks should know better given your labeling Mikel as a limited midfielder is well documented on this forum. However, the difference between Mikel and Jorginho is Mikel was smart enough to play within himself sufficiently to mitigate his weaknesses and effectively perform for the team. His reading of the game & awareness of the spaces around him meant he less frequently got caught out of position. Also his physical frame and much better ball control skill meant he was a more reliable presence in the DM role for his defenders & attacking players than Jorginho has ever been in his Chelsea career. For Jorginho to play well, he needs 2 midfield runners next to him in a midfield trio. That would mean a middle trio of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante. Well, Kante is injured and the only other CM - 18 year old Billy Gilmour - is also out for 4months with a knee injury. That has handicapped Lampard to deploying only a midfield duo formation (4231 or 343). Barkley, Cheek & Mount are not traditional midfielders capable of playing in a middle 2. Those options are naturally attack minded.

Ideally, Lampard prefers one DM plus 2 attacking midfielders or 1 DM, 1 CM (Kova) and 1 AM in a 433. Those are his preferred tactical options. Given this preference, if you have watched all Jorginho's games (even when he was playing well earlier i the season) under Lampard, you will understand why Jorginho found himself even behind Billy Gilmour in the DM pecking order before Billy & Kante were injured. I rate Jorginho as a player but for this Chelsea team under Lampard, Jorginho does not fit how Lampard wants his team to play. To make him fit, Lampard has to buy more midfielders in the mold of Kova/Kante in order to acomodate Jorginho. As good a midfielder he is, he is not worth the trouble. That said, given the injury situation, unless Juventus makes a reasonable offer, Chelsea will not sell him while he's down the pecking order, he's useful as a squad option.

Then you talked about Lampard having an easy ride? LOL. So hilarious. The young man is a rookie who just completed his first season coaching an EPL team with no transfer budget working for one of the most demanding bosses in world football. Realistically speaking, any sane Chelsea fan in the beginning of the season would've have happily taken a 6th place finish given their rookie manager, the top 4 competitors strengthened while CFC couldn’t, and the club granted their best player (Hazard - over 50% of their attacking output) his wish to play for Madrid. Whatever.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:I don't know how G for life managed to convince himself that Klop had an easy ride. They started the season with the fears about two of their star performers being worn ou from two consecutive seasons where they have been involved in competitions that denied that off season breaks. Mane and Sallah, in fact for a long stretch Mane was being made to play for a few minutes to avoid total burn out.
They started the season with Allison injured and had to play with a keeper they brought back from retirement.

They had the world club championship to contend with in addition to the existing commitments.

How could anyone arrive at the conclusion that the season was easy. At some points they started dropping plosing in succession and everyone was mocking their failed invincibility challenge.

No they did not have an easy season, they worked hard for it and made it look easy. That was what they did, they should have won it a season earlier if not for the dropped points, it would have been two in a row, that is how good and better they were in comparison to the rest of the park.
If Lampard supposedly had an easy ride, then Klopp must have also had an easy ride because this Chelsea team is the worst Chelsea team since the last 20+ years. Likewise ManU, Arsenal, Spurs, are miles off their previous levels of competitiveness. The point is Txj cannot have it both ways. If the league was easy for Lampard, it was even easier for Klopp.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Of course, when Klopp lost to Lampard 0-2 in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup, somehow, that doesn't count. Really? Why don't you list the lineups for both teams and show us who out-coached who on that day.

Other managers before him have quietly done a League/ FA Cup double with much less fuss than is being made for Klopp but somehow Klopp gets a pass in a season where the league was easily won by Christmas. There goes your easy ride.

Wrt to Jorginho, he's a good player but he's limited and you of all folks should know better given your labeling Mikel as a limited midfielder is well documented on this forum. However, the difference between Mikel and Jorginho is Mikel was smart enough to play within himself sufficiently to mitigate his weaknesses and effectively perform for the team. His reading of the game & awareness of the spaces around him meant he less frequently got caught out of position. Also his physical frame and much better ball control skill meant he was a more reliable presence in the DM role for his defenders & attacking players than Jorginho has ever been in his Chelsea career. For Jorginho to play well, he needs 2 midfield runners next to him in a midfield trio. That would mean a middle trio of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante. Well, Kante is injured and the only other CM - 18 year old Billy Gilmour - is also out for 4months with a knee injury. That has handicapped Lampard to deploying only a midfield duo formation (4231 or 343). Barkley, Cheek & Mount are not traditional midfielders capable of playing in a middle 2. Those options are naturally attack minded.

Ideally, Lampard prefers one DM plus 2 attacking midfielders or 1 DM, 1 CM (Kova) and 1 AM in a 433. Those are his preferred tactical options. Given this preference, if you have watched all Jorginho's games (even when he was playing well earlier i the season) under Lampard, you will understand why Jorginho found himself even behind Billy Gilmour in the DM pecking order before Billy & Kante were injured. I rate Jorginho as a player but for this Chelsea team under Lampard, Jorginho does not fit how Lampard wants his team to play. To make him fit, Lampard has to buy more midfielders in the mold of Kova/Kante in order to acomodate Jorginho. As good a midfielder he is, he is not worth the trouble. That said, given the injury situation, unless Juventus makes a reasonable offer, Chelsea will not sell him while he's down the pecking order, he's useful as a squad option.

Then you talked about Lampard having an easy ride? LOL. So hilarious. The young man is a rookie who just completed his first season coaching an EPL team with no transfer budget working for one of the most demanding bosses in world football. Realistically speaking, any sane Chelsea fan in the beginning of the season would've have happily taken a 6th place finish given their rookie manager, the top 4 competitors strengthened while CFC couldn’t, and the club granted their best player (Hazard - over 50% of their attacking output) his wish to play for Madrid. Whatever.
Its not a new thing that Klopp/FSG have had zero interest in the cups. In Dec it was expressly stated that Klopp had the approval of FSG to not prioritize the cups. Its as as simple as that, and the reports are, this is not going to change either, next season...

LFC's dominance is not and cannot be a measure of an easy ride, but rather how consistent the team was, and the one time they lost focus, were promptly flogged by Watford!

And I never said that Lampard had an easy ride in terms of results. I'm talking about pressure of expectation. I'm saying that he is no longer going to have the excuse of a rookie manager with zero transfer funds. Its a simple statement of fact.

As for Jorginho, he is not limited technically, but rather limited by a manager who is not playing to his strengths. I can understand if the manager does not want him or does not want to play a system that emphasizes his qualities, but one cannot then turn around and dump on him anytime Chelsea stumbles...

Place the blame squarely where it belongs...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
Its not a new thing that Klopp/FSG have had zero interest in the cups. In Dec it was expressly stated that Klopp had the approval of FSG to not prioritize the cups. Its as as simple as that, and the reports are, this is not going to change either, next season...

LFC's dominance is not and cannot be a measure of an easy ride, but rather how consistent the team was, and the one time they lost focus, were promptly flogged by Watford!

And I never said that Lampard had an easy ride in terms of results. I'm talking about pressure of expectation. I'm saying that he is no longer going to have the excuse of a rookie manager with zero transfer funds. Its a simple statement of fact.

As for Jorginho, he is not limited technically, but rather limited by a manager who is not playing to his strengths. I can understand if the manager does not want him or does not want to play a system that emphasizes his qualities, but one cannot then turn around and dump on him anytime Chelsea stumbles...

A domestic cup is 'not important' until your club wins it. I get it. No wahala.

Wrt to Lampard, of course the expectation next season is higher. That said, the goal is steady progress compared to his first season. Shebi you were clapping for Klopp even when he won absolutely nothing for 4 seasons (not even a league cup) but was hailed as a success during that period. But somehow, Lampard must win the league or CL next season otherwise he's a failure abi? Shey you can see clearly your double standards? A realistic benchmark is top 4 and closing the gap to Liverpool & City plus any Cup along the way will be nice (but not a must a la Klopp).

Jorginho is not limited technically but he is limited physically. The 5th goal conceded vs. Pool last week is a classic exhibit for Jorginho's weakness. The Sheffield United game was the same deal. There are many other examples. He can run (though not the fastest) but he is physically weak. For him to function, other midfield players need to be closer to him to mitigate his lack of athleticism OR his team needs to dominate possession. For instance, when Chelsea defends deep, he's generally in good shape given he has less spaces/ distances to cover. Also, his passing game is not on the highest level (e.g., no where near the level of Fabregas). Therefore the question is whether Jorginho is good enough for Lampard to adjust his midfield preference in order to accommodate him? The answer is no.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Where did klopp finish on his first season? :) did bobo even qualify for champs league?
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

A domestic cup is 'not important' until your club wins it. I get it. No wahala.

Wrt to Lampard, of course the expectation next season is higher. That said, the goal is steady progress compared to his first season. Shebi you were clapping for Klopp even when he won absolutely nothing for 4 seasons (not even a league cup) but was hailed as a success during that period. But somehow, Lampard must win the league or CL next season otherwise he's a failure abi? Shey you can see clearly your double standards? A realistic benchmark is top 4 and closing the gap to Liverpool & City plus any Cup along the way will be nice (but not a must a la Klopp).

Jorginho is not limited technically but he is limited physically. The 5th goal conceded vs. Pool last week is a classic exhibit for Jorginho's weakness. The Sheffield United game was the same deal. There are many other examples. He can run (though not the fastest) but he is physically weak. For him to function, other midfield players need to be closer to him to mitigate his lack of athleticism OR his team needs to dominate possession. For instance, when Chelsea defends deep, he's generally in good shape given he has less spaces/ distances to cover. Also, his passing game is not on the highest level (e.g., no where near the level of Fabregas). Therefore the question is whether Jorginho is good enough for Lampard to adjust his midfield preference in order to accommodate him? The answer is no.
There's nobody who's been following LFC under Klopp that doesn't know that they have routinely NOT prioritized the domestic cups. Its nothing new and Chelsea is not the first team to beat LFC in the cup...

I never said that Lampard must win the league or CL next season otherwise he's a failure.

Let me repeat myself: the pressure on him will be much higher next season. Any manager who is allowed to spend as Chelsea is currently spending will come under enhanced pressure. That's simply how it is. That's esp how it is at Chelsea. The rest is mere obfuscation...

I think it would help him immensely if he won the FA Cup next weekend...

Again on Jorginho, comparing him to Fabregas tells me you never really watched him until he got to Chelsea.

Jorginho's contribution to the game is not based on athleticism, but control of the game- in tempo and rhythm, but always with reference to the ball...

As a manager you adapt to the strengths of your players, unless you could not be bothered about them.

Frank apparently is not bothered with Jorginho, as he was not incidentally with Pulisic, until the young American forced the issue...

And that's ok. But my point is, do not hang the player out to dry when you lose games...

Frank I think is a lil bit of an obnoxious character. but luckily for him, he has traditional British protection. As does Gerard btw...

He and Brendan Rogers deserve commendation for Chelsea finishing 4th. But I'm not convinced about his organization of the game, and esp his tendency to hang out players to dry for his own inadequacies.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I know he's your manager and all but you guys are so resistant to the suggestion that Lampard is not an elite manager and I don't know why.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This is Lampard's first season and he has done well.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:I know he's your manager and all but you guys are so resistant to the suggestion that Lampard is not an elite manager and I don't know why.
No one - definitely not me and most Chelsea fans - would classify Lampard as anything close to an elite manager. We are not under any illusions. But the fact that a manager is not elite or you don't like the look of his face doesn’t mean you cannot give him a pat on the back when he has done a good job and Lampard has done very well in his first season at Chelsea. He's a relatively rookie manager who had to rely on 5 relatively inexperienced academy trained players to complete a roster that was restricted by a transfer ban plus the loss of Eden Hazard (2 time EPL player of the year). Why it's vexing some people I haven't a clue.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:This is Lampard's first season and he has done well.

A lot of the normally top clubs had a terrible season. Man U rallied eventually. SPURS and Arsenal imploded, otherwise you may not have said the above.

Personally, I think Chelsea did poorly. He is a lucky coach in that the club is throwing their support behind him. 33 points off the lead is an indictment on Lamps.

Conte and Sarri wished they got the same level of support. From fans and board alike.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

balo wrote:

A lot of the normally top clubs had a terrible season. Man U rallied eventually. SPURS and Arsenal imploded, otherwise you may not have said the above.

Personally, I think Chelsea did poorly. He is a lucky coach in that the club is throwing their support behind him. 33 points off the lead is an indictment on Lamps.

Conte and Sarri wished they got the same level of support. From fans and board alike.
Lucky or not. Top 4 in his first season and a cup final earns a well done from me. I hate the twat though.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
There's nobody who's been following LFC under Klopp that doesn't know that they have routinely NOT prioritized the domestic cups. Its nothing new and Chelsea is not the first team to beat LFC in the cup...

I never said that Lampard must win the league or CL next season otherwise he's a failure.

Let me repeat myself: the pressure on him will be much higher next season. Any manager who is allowed to spend as Chelsea is currently spending will come under enhanced pressure. That's simply how it is. That's esp how it is at Chelsea. The rest is mere obfuscation...

I think it would help him immensely if he won the FA Cup next weekend...

Again on Jorginho, comparing him to Fabregas tells me you never really watched him until he got to Chelsea.

Jorginho's contribution to the game is not based on athleticism, but control of the game- in tempo and rhythm, but always with reference to the ball...

As a manager you adapt to the strengths of your players, unless you could not be bothered about them.

Frank apparently is not bothered with Jorginho, as he was not incidentally with Pulisic, until the young American forced the issue...

And that's ok. But my point is, do not hang the player out to dry when you lose games...

Frank I think is a lil bit of an obnoxious character. but luckily for him, he has traditional British protection. As does Gerard btw...

He and Brendan Rogers deserve commendation for Chelsea finishing 4th. But I'm not convinced about his organization of the game, and esp his tendency to hang out players to dry for his own inadequacies.
The pressure will be higher on Lampard next season: Thats normal for Chelsea managers and he knows it.

I understand that Jorginho thrives on "control of the game- in tempo and rhythm, but always with reference to the ball" which is why I mentioned that he works well in a philosophy that dominates possession of the ball. Unfortunately, that is not Lamaprd's preference and otherwise Chelsea doesn't have the quality of midfielders to implement that philosophy. In order to adapt to Jorginho's strength, Lampard has to squeeze a whole bunch of square pegs into round holes. Jorginho is not an Eden Hazard level of player that you build your team around. He's a last piece of the puzzle type of player to complete your otherwise strong team (for instance, he'll work for Pep at City and Sarri at Juve, to mention a few). Chelsea's squad is no where near the level of those rosters. By the way the reference to Fàbregas was not to compare their style of play but in relation to the level of quality/ impact of the player with consideration of forcing the manager's hand to select the player regardless of the coach's philosophy.

The you insinuate that Lampard wasn't bothered with Pulisic? You don't watch Chelsea games and reached your conclusion based on your bias against Lampard and media misinformation. Lampard actually started / or played him extensively frequently at the start of the season but Pulisic struggled partly due to inadequate physical conditioning. It's a new league - fast paced and physical. For instance, if you watched his performance against Leicester City (1-1 at the bridge), he was physically drained by the 30 minute mark. In that situation, sometimes you pull the player and gradually reintroduce him to the starting lineup. For me, that was good player management. I don't know where you get the idea of him hanging out players to dry given he rarely criticizes his players in public. If a player is not performing well, after a while, he will bench the player because the club's fortunes and his job are on the line.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

balo wrote:

Conte & Sarri are experienced managers who where supported in the transfer market and had the benefit of Eden Hazard. Lampard played the likes of Tammy, James, Mount, Billy & Tomori extensively this season due to transfer ban and finished in 4th place - only 6 points behind Sarri by the way. With a half decent goalie, they's have finished 10 points higher or more.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
balo wrote:

Lucky or not. Top 4 in his first season and a cup final earns a well done from me. I hate the twat though.
that is why you support spurs. You accept mediocrity , Chelsea had a horrible season, they made top 4 because Leicester , and SPurs played rubbish . Chelsea let in 57 goals , a team known to be very good defensively, lost a total of 12 freaking league matches , once again 12 freaking league matches. This season was a huge failure
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

Conte & Sarri are experienced managers who where supported in the transfer market and had the benefit of Eden Hazard. Lampard played the likes of Tammy, James, Mount, Billy & Tomori extensively this season due to transfer ban and finished in 4th place - only 6 points behind Sarri by the way. With a half decent goalie, they's have finished 10 points higher or more.
How many league games did billy even play. He stumbled on pullisic, and was benching the guy like no tomorrow, talkless of giroud.
Mind you Lamps had the likes of Willian,pedro, Kante and Azpi ( serial winners) not to talk of players live kovacic, etc. lets call a spade a spade, he had top quality players already . The season was a failure. for over 38 league games, Lamps couldn't learn how to defend . 57 league goals and 12 losses.
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

How many league games did billy even play. He stumbled on pullisic, and was benching the guy like no tomorrow, talkless of giroud.
Mind you Lamps had the likes of Willian,pedro, Kante and Azpi ( serial winners) not to talk of players live kovacic, etc. lets call a spade a spade, he had top quality players already . The season was a failure. for over 38 league games, Lamps couldn't learn how to defend . 57 league goals and 12 losses.
And still finished tied for 3rd with ManU on points in spite of ManU, Spurs and Arsenal spending hundreds of millions of pounds in the transfer market. I say Well done Lampard.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

And still finished tied for 3rd with ManU on points in spite of ManU, Spurs and Arsenal spending hundreds of millions of pounds in the transfer market. I say Well done Lampard.

Despite the ban though, Chelsea managed to bring in Pulisic (before the sanction kicked in) and made Kovacic permanent.

The narrative that Chelsea didn't get reinforcement is getting old. Getting mugged home and away by relegation-level teams was crazy.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

what are you talking about? Chelsea spent 58 million on CP and 40 Million on Kova, (pounds) . He had players with EPL championship winning experiences , FA cup winners and Europa winners. What's all these excuses about a one window ban? Chelsea had just a one window ban and were allowed to sign players in January( he chose not to) Do you want to list the players Chelsea had ? Come one stop with the false narrative the team was made up with 11 kids week in week out, Willian, Rudi, Alonso, Giroud, Bats, Kante, Azpi, Zouma, Pedro, are all seasoned pros. Westham , beat Chelsea home and away, Sheff and Bourne took 4 points each off Chelsea, Everton with a care taker coach flogged Chelsea, United and pool took 6 points off Chelsea, Southampton , Westham and bournemouth beating Chelsea at home etc , etc. Relegated teams scoring left and right ... anyone could score . He got exposed in the champs league ... smh..
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:
balo wrote:

Spurs spent hundreds of millions? :???: :???: WHEN!! Just accept the congratulations and go - dont compare Chelsea and Spurs spending.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8