Championship playoff

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Championship playoff

Post by nzeogwu »

Who watched Fulham vs Cardiff? To the positive minded brothers on the forum, what do you think of Josh Onomah? Is he Eagles material? One tree does not make a forest and certainly neither does one goal but men!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Championship playoff

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I did, onomah, dominated the game, however I would like to see him against better opponents. Fulham were too strong for Cardiff. The game is on espn plus. He looks very powerful and skillful. His goal was class. So far they do look like the best team out of the remaining 4
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is useless. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is useless. :boo:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: really?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

nzeogwu wrote:Who watched Fulham vs Cardiff? To the positive minded brothers on the forum, what do you think of Josh Onomah? Is he Eagles material? One tree does not make a forest and certainly neither does one goal but men!!!!
I thought of Josh as probably the BEST ‘Nigerian’ on display in the England U20 side that won the WYC a few years back - better than Tomori, Lookman, Ejaria, Ojo, and Solanke. Was somewhat baffled he apparently couldn’t make the cut at Spurs.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is useless. :boo:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: really?
'Uselessness' is Kongi's coded seal of approval.
You didn't know?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Who watched Fulham vs Cardiff? To the positive minded brothers on the forum, what do you think of Josh Onomah? Is he Eagles material? One tree does not make a forest and certainly neither does one goal but men!!!!
I thought of Josh as probably the BEST ‘Nigerian’ on display in the England U20 side that won the WYC a few years back - better than Tomori, Lookman, Ejaria, Ojo, and Solanke. Was somewhat baffled he apparently couldn’t make the cut at Spurs.
Agreed. He was the one who impressed the most and the one I wanted to nab from England.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Showtime.

Fulham missing Mitrovic again.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:Showtime.

Fulham missing Mitrovic again.
You are an Admin and you are participating in a Thread that breaks the rules of the forum. Shouldn't you tender your resignation if you are unwilling to enforce the rules? Arent you ashamed of your corruption and lack of leadership?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I dont see Josh agreeing to switch over to Naija.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Agreed. He was the one who impressed the most and the one I wanted to nab from England.
I hope these two polished soccer minds are not showing tendencies of survivor bias in this case (slightly overrating those still available for Nigeria). I watched a lot of that tournament & zoned in on the six naija kids on the English team, especially since our very talented U-20 team lost at home to Sudan (I think) in the qualifiers.

I thought Tomori was the best of the lot on display, & could have been useful to the Eagles at the time. Thankfully a lot of Central Defensive talent is coming through, so he won't really be missed, even though Nigeria would have been better for him. (Same with Tammy, with Osimhen now in full bloom).

Onomah & Ejariah can be likened to six & a half-dozen, but Ejaria looked better to me in that tournament, & looks better than Onomah everytime I see him.

We could certainly do with both in our 23 and midfield though.

Find my rankings of the six right after the tournament. That (added to their U-17 team from the same summer) was when I knew England had some major talent coming through.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=282966&p=5092511&hilit=ojo#p5092511

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:I dont see Josh agreeing to switch over to Naija.
His best shot at international football is with Nigeria, seems Rohr has him in his radar.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I dont see Josh agreeing to switch over to Naija.
His best shot at international football is with Nigeria, seems Rohr has him in his radar.
Yes o! according to repoprts Rohr is keeping an eye on him.
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:I hope these two polished soccer minds are not showing tendencies of survivor bias in this case (slightly overrating those still available for Nigeria). I watched a lot of that tournament & zoned in on the six naija kids on the English team, especially since our very talented U-20 team lost at home to Sudan (I think) in the qualifiers.

I thought Tomori was the best of the lot on display, & could have been useful to the Eagles at the time. Thankfully a lot of Central Defensive talent is coming through, so he won't really be missed, even though Nigeria would have been better for him. (Same with Tammy, with Osimhen now in full bloom).

Onomah & Ejariah can be likened to six & a half-dozen, but Ejaria looked better to me in that tournament, & looks better than Onomah everytime I see him.

We could certainly do with both in our 23 and midfield though.

Find my rankings of the six right after the tournament. That (added to their U-17 team from the same summer) was when I knew England had some major talent coming through.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=282966&p=5092511&hilit=ojo#p5092511

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.
Not the case here since I mentioned it during the tournament...
Tomori was good too (despite his astonishing own-goal vs Guinea), but I thought Onomah was the best!

Meanwhile, not sure how you could have rated Ejaria same as (or above) Onomah at the tournament...
Onomah was a STARTER in all the games, while Ejaria was a bit sub in a few games (totaling barely 111 minutes).

In fact, Ejaria had the LEAST minutes of all 6 Nigerian-Anglos...
Even Seyi Ojo, who was also mostly below-par, logged more playing time than Ejaria at the tournament.

PS: Btw, Ejaria is probably going to be the first among the lot to make it to the SE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL