Nacho/Ndidi v Man U

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Nacho/Ndidi v Man U

Post by DIMKA76 »

Just reading some of the comments here and shaking my head. How old are some of these forumers? In one sweeping statement you rubbish a player based on on move which didn't come off. I'd like to see your managers at work do the same to you and see how you feel about it..
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:
danfo driver wrote:He has himself to blame.

He had a 3v2 chance and had to simply pass the ball to Vardy. Yet, he fluffed his shot. He cost leicester a goal in such a very crucial game. That daft mentality is unacceptable.
People are so over-critical.The chance was entirely created by Kelechi and shooting was a fine choice, the defenders backed off in anticipation of a pass and he had a pretty clear look from 18 yards, he just fluffed the shot, which is unfortunate. Most of the best play came through Nacho and they look worse when he came off. Thought Rodgers was too cautious, should have brought Perez on for Choudgury or Tielemans and gone for it.
Sir, I disagree. This is a do or die CL match and he cost his team due to a bone-headed decision. It is clear that the coach agrees with me and thats why he has been taken out. Just by watching the game, you can clearly see why Rodgers doesnt rate him. Brainlessness can sink a club.

As for caution, I agree. However, it may have to do more with how bad they have been since the restart. he may have been trying to solidify the midfield.
This is not really true at all. Nacho either gets substituted around 60' or comes in around that time in the majority of Leicester matches. Vardy plays every second of every match and the other attacking players tend to rotate. That is just the way of things at that club. I understand the manager wanting to freshen things up, but Kelechi was the only player who looked like scoring a chance for them in that match, tbh.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

olumide wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

He had a 3v2 chance and had to simply pass the ball to Vardy. Yet, he fluffed his shot. He cost leicester a goal in such a very crucial game. That daft mentality is unacceptable.
People are so over-critical.The chance was entirely created by Kelechi and shooting was a fine choice, the defenders backed off in anticipation of a pass and he had a pretty clear look from 18 yards, he just fluffed the shot, which is unfortunate. Most of the best play came through Nacho and they look worse when he came off. Thought Rodgers was too cautious, should have brought Perez on for Choudgury or Tielemans and gone for it.
Sir, I disagree. This is a do or die CL match and he cost his team due to a bone-headed decision. It is clear that the coach agrees with me and thats why he has been taken out. Just by watching the game, you can clearly see why Rodgers doesnt rate him. Brainlessness can sink a club.

As for caution, I agree. However, it may have to do more with how bad they have been since the restart. he may have been trying to solidify the midfield.
This is not really true at all. Nacho either gets substituted around 60' or comes in around that time in the majority of Leicester matches. Vardy plays every second of every match and the other attacking players tend to rotate. That is just the way of things at that club. I understand the manager wanting to freshen things up, but Kelechi was the only player who looked like scoring a chance for them in that match, tbh.
I agree with Olumide. Kele has gone from someone who had very bad first touch to lifting his "touch" game up to the best or second (perhaps behind Madison) at Liecster. His touch - is now 10X better than last year. This is a sign of someone that identify an area of improvement and probably worked on it and you can tell. He has spent a ton of time on footwork, movement in very tight spaces. I do not wish Vardy injury but I think Vardy has one more full season max in him. There comes a certain age where your quickness just starts to fade and recoveries are slower (leading to injuries). If Kele stays, he'll be the next man up. I'd rather he left tho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olumide wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

They are fighting for CL and you think he was taken out to "freshen things up?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are enablers. If you truly like Nacho, you will tell him the truth.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Kele shooting was the best option, too bad he didn't connect well. He had a clear shot at goal, only a poor striker would pass the ball at that moment to teammates that were marked into bad angles.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Glad Leceister lost, I cannot stand Rodgers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Glad Leceister lost, I cannot stand Rodgers
The dude does seem not to be able to get past himself. Kelechi played better than most of the team against United, and seemed the biggest threat for Leicester in the first half. I watched numerous Leicester games this season and saw Maddison, Ayoze, Gray, and even Harvey Barnes (whom i like a lot) make many bone-headed decisions worse than the one Kelechi made, yet they were untouchable. Kelechi should find his way out of that club, if he can.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cally wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Glad Leceister lost, I cannot stand Rodgers
The dude does seem not to be able to get past himself. Kelechi played better than most of the team against United, and seemed the biggest threat for Leicester in the first half. I watched numerous Leicester games this season and saw Maddison, Ayoze, Gray, and even Harvey Barnes (whom i like a lot) make many bone-headed decisions worse than the one Kelechi made, yet they were untouchable. Kelechi should find his way out of that club, if he can.
Who are you telling, one selfish decision and folks on CE are harping that their own should be rightfully removed, when the others can make umpteen mishits, misses, selfish plays, refuse to pass to Kele or other open players with no repercussions, but our players have to be perfect robots that never make a 'wrong' (depending on your opinion) play/decision. We overlook all the other good decisions and plays he made setting others up for chances and shots that they miscued and missed only to focus on the one time he made what we think is a wrong decision. I can understand if he was repeating boneheaded plays over and over, but he wasn't he was literally the best attacking Leicester player. Kept possession well, spread play well, brought his teammates into the play really well. Dropped deep to help defend and carry the ball forward on counters, providing a threat and option running behind the United defense when teammates were in possession, showing hunger to seek the ball and try to link up with his teammates. But he made one wrong decision so to hell with him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Truth is there is no way to avoid blaming the manager for Leicester's epic bottling of the end of season. They had it all in their hands and they blew it.

Rodgers has brilliance to him, but he is deficient in certain areas, and stubborn too. He's like that guy that is 90% brilliant but with 10% Achilles heel. If I were him, I'd leverage this Leicester "success" into a bigger club quickly....cause I doubt he'd age well in Leicester. Better to get fired from a more prestigious club. He's already had one high profile failure...he should cash in now.

Unlike Rodgers, Ndidi can continue to thrive in Leicester or without. But as I think he's the only bonafide world class player we have, I'd want nothing more than to see him on a bigger stage.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

deanotito wrote:Truth is there is no way to avoid blaming the manager for Leicester's epic bottling of the end of season. They had it all in their hands and they blew it.

Rodgers has brilliance to him, but he is deficient in certain areas, and stubborn too. He's like that guy that is 90% brilliant but with 10% Achilles heel. If I were him, I'd leverage this Leicester "success" into a bigger club quickly....cause I doubt he'd age well in Leicester. Better to get fired from a more prestigious club. He's already had one high profile failure...he should cash in now.

Unlike Rodgers, Ndidi can continue to thrive in Leicester or without. But as I think he's the only bonafide world class player we have, I'd want nothing more than to see him on a bigger stage.
Ndidi it seems need to start using his brain more on the field rather than just going through the motions as he seems to do sometimes. I prefer Iheanacho, he seems more creative on the pitch.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oscar52 wrote:
deanotito wrote:Truth is there is no way to avoid blaming the manager for Leicester's epic bottling of the end of season. They had it all in their hands and they blew it.

Ndidi it seems need to start using his brain more on the field rather than just going through the motions as he seems to do sometimes. I prefer Iheanacho, he seems more creative on the pitch.
One is the team's best player and the other is a benchwarmer who gets hauled off at half-time every time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

It is good to know when to stop talking rubbish....Brainlessness will sink a club....what an utter rubbish (no offence)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Kelechi came off because Kelechi had to come off. He was Leicester’s best player on the pitch by a mile but what do u do? Take off the league’s top scorer? Take off a DM and let United have a field day? He had to do something and the only card he had to play was do either do nothing or take off Kelechi....

Nothing to do with brain or bone lessness.... if Kelechi scored 2 goals and united were wining or drawing the game......Kelechi will still be subbed....

That’s his position in the team period, he can’t bench Vardy - Becos he won’t get the opportunity to bench him.... he is Vardy’s back up period....Rodgers stated that clearly

The fact that he starts over the likes of Ayoze shows that he is improving but bench Vardy....ain’t gonna happen, cos he won’t be given the chance to.

Peul tried it.....got sacked

Rodgers got in and restored the “order”

It is up to Kelechi to decide - am I happy bidding behind Vardy or do I need to go out there and prove that I can be number one....like Osimhen

That’s the beauty of Osimhen’s transfer.....other players now have something to aim for.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

It is good to know when to stop talking rubbish....Brainlessness will sink a club....what an utter rubbish (no offence)
You disagree?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

danfo driver wrote:
Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

You disagree?
Yes!.....how many cerebral players do u know? Footballers are utterly brainless that’s what makes them special.... the few cerebral players turn out to be greats...

So that’s an oxymoronic statement

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

You disagree?
Yes!.....how many cerebral players do u know? Footballers are utterly brainless that’s what makes them special.... the few cerebral players turn out to be greats...

Interesting. I know a lot of intelligent footballers and I strongly disagree with your generalization.

Our Uncle, Oloye, is an ex-footballer and we all know how much he dislikes brainlessness in football and I am sure he will tell you that your wide-sweeping generalization is incorrect
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

danfo driver wrote:
Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Enyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olumide wrote:

You disagree?

Interesting. I know a lot of intelligent footballers and I strongly disagree with your generalization.

Our Uncle, Oloye, is an ex-footballer and we all know how much he dislikes brainlessness in football and I am sure he will tell you that your wide-sweeping generalization is incorrect
I will wait for it.... football is a game of passion, don’t wait for Oloye, u must have played it, even in the streets or ur back garden. U don’t get time to think, only a select few ie Kevin De Bruyne, Silva, Xavi...even Mikel (in his hay days) gets on the ball, calms it down, makes space, thinks before the next move.

Every one else just plays on talent (without a minute to think). You must have heard....”he is good on the ball, when he doesn’t have time to think....”

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enyi wrote:
I will wait for it.... football is a game of passion, don’t wait for Oloye, u must have played it, even in the streets or ur back garden. U don’t get time to think, only a select few ie Kevin De Bruyne, Silva, Xavi...even Mikel (in his hay days) gets on the ball, calms it down, makes space, thinks before the next move.

Every one else just plays on talent (without a minute to think). You must have heard....”he is good on the ball, when he doesn’t have time to think....”
You dont neeed a minute to think. And smart footballer knows that you analyze your next action before the ball comes to you or before the action moves into your position. You dont wait to receive the ball before you know what pass you are making next.

Anyway, O pa ri o!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oscar52 wrote:

I rarely say this type of statement, but bros, anyone who looks at Ndidi and Iheanacho and thinks Iheanacho is a better player probably doesnt know anything about football.

I have seen far more headless moves from Iheanacho than from Ndidi. Iheanacho is a decent player, but Ndidi is legit top 10 for his position. Iheanacho is barely top 100 for his.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet