Victor Osimhen (Il Re Di Napoli) - Napoli Thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Victor Osimhen (Il Re Di Napoli) - Napoli Thread

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap:
Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Osimhen (Napoli Thread) - 2020-21 Season

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well done Osihmen. He went from a Wolfsburg reject to a £50m striker in 2yrs. His grit, passion and determination alone will carry him a long way. I expect him in the Top 3 scorers in Serie A next season.

Now to the real matter. How man go watch Serie A for free all season? :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Napoli seal record deal for Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen

Italian Serie A side Napoli have confirmed the signing of young Nigeria striker Victor Osimhen from French club Lille.

Napoli's website gave very few details of the deal simply sayini: "SSC Napoli are delighted to announce the signing of Victor Osimhen from Lille on a permanent transfer."

According to French sports newspaper L'Equipe, the deal is worth more than $96m (81.3m euros) making him the most expensive African player of all time. :clap: :clap:

Napoli have now paid more than English side Arsenal paid Lille for Ivory Coast's Nicolas Pepe a year ago.

Osimhen had joined Lille from Belgium's Charleroi as a replacement for Pepe.

After scoring 18 goals in all competitions for Lille last season, the 21-year-old hade been linked for several weeks with Napoli.

In June he was named as Lille's player of the season in what was his first campaign in France, and the Nigerian was also named in Ligue 1's team of the season.

Osimhen burst into the spotlight at the 2015 Under-17 World Cup in Chile, as he clinched the Golden Boot and Silver Ball awards while steering the Golden Eaglets to the title.

The then-16-year-old scored a tournament record 10 goals, netting in every one of Nigeria's games, in a performance that helped earn him Africa's Youth Player of the Year award for 2015.

His displays at that World Cup also earned him a move to Wolfsburg but Osimhen, who turned down Arsenal to play in Germany's Bundesliga, admitted to struggling as he slowly adapted to both the league and European football.

After a barren season in which the striker, affected by injury, did not score in 16 games, he moved to Belgium where the goals soon flowed - 19 in his first campaign at Charleroi, where he was originally on loan before making the move permanent.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/53609226
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Well done Osihmen. He went from a Wolfsburg reject to a £50m striker in 2yrs. His grit, passion and determination alone will carry him a long way. I expect him in the Top 3 scorers in Serie A next season.

£74m you mean?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ONE PLAYER, ONE GAME:
Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That Napoli jersey looks clean sha, think I'm getting myself one.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Well done Osihmen. He went from a Wolfsburg reject to a £50m striker in 2yrs. His grit, passion and determination alone will carry him a long way. I expect him in the Top 3 scorers in Serie A next season.

I am not a rocket scientist and an RCCG prophet, but from common sense I would say it begins with getting something with this three little letters ....JOB!

It affords one infinite possibilities .... LIKE BEING ABLE TO PAY FOR CABLE!!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No, Ayo, they will have to pay more than 200 million!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I'm calling the bookies and offering $100 on him being capocannoniere in two years.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:ONE PLAYER, ONE GAME:

I have changed my mind ...Osimhen is one of the indsipensable players in the SE today.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300994&start=23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcuEYc7QHsw[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:I'm calling the bookies and offering $100 on him being capocannoniere in two years.
:D I will only say one thing: the number of chances Napoli creates in one game, I dont think he gets those chances in 15 games at Lille.
Not to mention that they are revamping their wingers next season. negotiations on-going for Cengiz Under and Boga.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I'm calling the bookies and offering $100 on him being capocannoniere in two years.
:D I will only say one thing: the number of chances Napoli creates in one game, I dont think he gets those chances in 15 games at Lille.
Not to mention that they are revamping their wingers next season. negotiations on-going for Cengiz Under and Boga.

Yup, the team is going through a revamp in the best way, all I see from those stats are feast opportunities for Victor. Past two years have been good for Serie A and I think next season will continue the trend.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:ONE PLAYER, ONE GAME:

I have changed my mind ...Osimhen is one of the indsipensable players in the SE today.

So you only know how good a player is after he’s signed to a bigger club?The only reason why Napoli signed him is because they knew what you should’ve known.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ighalo has done well for Nigeria, mad respect to him. Will always be a fan.

But it is Osimhen time.

Congrats Osimhen keep working hard.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
1naija wrote:

So you only know how good a player is after he’s signed to a bigger club?The only reason why Napoli signed him is because they knew what you should’ve known.
So that's what you got from the post? Na wa o! Go to school, una no go gree ....
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Personally I would've preferred a move to La Liga instead but happy for him nonetheless. Those Napoli conversion rate stats may mean this is probably a better move for him.

I've been an advocate of his for about five years now. I remember suggesting that Keshi should take him to Rio just like Brazil did with Ronaldo at USA94. I also feel that had Rohr played him in that last group game against Madagascar at the AFCON, he might've been better prepared to contribute against Algeria in the SF.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Osimhen (Il Re Del Naples) - Napoli Thread

Post by danfo driver »

When they want you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

There is only one re di napoli! Even if he can't visit the city without tax authorities taking his jewelry.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:There is only one re di napoli! Even if he can't visit the city without tax authorities taking his jewelry.
let him pay his taxes first. :lol: :lol: :lol: