Infamous Stadium closes down

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Infamous Stadium closes down

Post by Dammy »

Griffin Park, the home of Brentford City Football Club, the venue of the infamous "Brentford Massacre", in which Ghana defeated arch rival, Nigeria 4-1 closed down today with the 2nd leg of the championship play offs between Brentford and Swansea, ending 3-1 in favour of the home side.
Good riddance to bad rubbish!
I am happy
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Infamous Stadium closes down

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Chelsea had to play an FA Cup tie there ...rubbish stadium.

Hope they make it to EPL probably against Fulham...their new stadium looks really good.

Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

sigh...i was there that night in sub-zero temperatures!! When the bredas started singing "nigeria, everything scatter, scatter", no one tell me to take my #$% home!! Full time no see me for that damn stadium! Their new stadium is literally a mile up the road from the old one right by Kew Bridge station which is the next station up from Brentford train station!
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Chelsea had to play an FA Cup tie there ...rubbish stadium.

Hope they make it to EPL probably against Fulham...their new stadium looks really good.

Bros is this the new stadium?
Where parking in this place?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Not laughing in Brentford anymore, Ayew?

The Breda had a very poor game too. Falling all over the place, looking for cheap fowls and penalties that were not given.

He rightly got a yellow card for all his hollering at the referee all game long.

Add to the fact that he missed a penalty in the first leg, the whole thing was very belle-sweetening!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eclipse wrote:sigh...i was there that night in sub-zero temperatures!! When the bredas started singing "nigeria, everything scatter, scatter", no one tell me to take my #$% home!! Full time no see me for that damn stadium! Their new stadium is literally a mile up the road from the old one right by Kew Bridge station which is the next station up from Brentford train station!
I was there. What a crazy game. It started about 30 minutes late as I recall. Perhaps longer. And Ghanaian fans were running onto the pitch each time their team scored with no stewards in sight. It was like they weren't used to winning. :lol:

On the bus ride home, the driver saw me waring my Nigeria jersey, and told me he went to school with Kanu. :lol: :rotf: :rotf: Sure, buddy!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Eclipse wrote:sigh...i was there that night in sub-zero temperatures!! When the bredas started singing "nigeria, everything scatter, scatter", no one tell me to take my #$% home!! Full time no see me for that damn stadium! Their new stadium is literally a mile up the road from the old one right by Kew Bridge station which is the next station up from Brentford train station!
I was there. What a crazy game. It started about 30 minutes late as I recall. Perhaps longer. And Ghanaian fans were running onto the pitch each time their team scored with no stewards in sight. It was like they weren't used to winning. :lol:

On the bus ride home, the driver saw me waring my Nigeria jersey, and told me he went to school with Kanu. :lol: :rotf: :rotf: Sure, buddy!

He meant Mazi Kanu, not King Kanu.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The YeyeMan wrote:

...black or white driver? if na black guy could be true then since Kanu did his schooling in Nigeria, and the Nigerian may have emigrated to the UK since then :???:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The YeyeMan wrote:

I remember Ayo Akinfe warning us after visiting both camps before the game. He said the SE were lackadaisical, while the Ghanaians were preparing for the match as if their lives depended on it.
I am happy