Man. City 1 vs Lyon 3

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man. City 0 vs Lyon 1

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:City is a waste of space and money, too many expensive players with the brains of ekute. Debruyne need to go to a better team.
Its their coach! spend spend spend!

200 million on wing backs, 500 million on the whole defense and their CB pairing in a CL do or die game is --

A 50 year old Fernandinho - a child, Garcia - a good, but not great Laporte.

Then in playing a right wing back on the left.

Talk about money miss road :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

So Munich, here comes a Lyon team that can run run run for 90min.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:City is a waste of space and money, too many expensive players with the brains of ekute. Debruyne need to go to a better team.
... but this team is high on foreign players and very low on local lads.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Germany Vs. France.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

How come Guardiola never changes his play, all this suke suke play that takes forever to build a single threat. Get some tall strikers to give you options,, not all these short short players who once there is no where to run to, turns the whole team play into square and back pases.

How can you have that stats in poses sin and still lose 3-1,simple most the passes were short square and triangular passes.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

The intro. of Dembele & his hold up play at that pt in the match was always going to be a problem. Besides, pressure is underrated on the big stage - the ManC players were missing the basics - that's down to nerves.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Danfo thanks for the curse to Pep in CL,
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

For anyone assuming Munich will run over Lyon,....not so fast.

This Lyon team can defend like hell, and the UCL has proven too many teams that good defensive teams should never be underestimated.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
It is the way they are set up, no variation, once they are figured out they keep trying to do the same thing. The definition of a mad man
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:For anyone assuming Munich will run over Lyon,....not so fast.

This Lyon team can defend like hell, and the UCL has proven too many teams that good defensive teams should never be underestimated.
Oh please look at those short brainless City attackers and tell me they pose any threat to Lyon. I will love to see them against those German machines who are threat both in the air and on the ground. City offered no threat in the air, thus limiting the threat they posed to Lyon.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
It is the way they are set up, no variation, once they are figured out they keep trying to do the same thing. The definition of a mad man
Chief, I was pulling your legs :lol:

That's Pep's M.O. to live and die with this philosophical beliefs. More often than not it works for him but when it gets bogged down, there's usually no plan B.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I want everyone to watch Aouar, so you can see how an intelligent midfielder plays.
How will he cost for beloved to sign him?
Please abeg dont free Pep,he need take his checkbook back to London empty hand.
My brother, for your sake, I will not free him! :D
Thanks :clap: :clap: :clap: that racist check book deserved to be home.He should thank his star Madrid wanted just league,he would not have got this far.
Watch him go spend another 500 million
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:

Oh please look at those short brainless City attackers and tell me they pose any threat to Lyon. I will love to see them against those German machines who are threat both in the air and on the ground. City offered no threat in the air, thus limiting the threat they posed to Lyon.
Uncle Lyon is not some small club as you make it,They take care of Juve easy with tall strikers.So your point about Tall strikers no hold water.
Pep was simply outcoach and City was just not good
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This little French MF in the Lyon central MF- Caqueret.

What a strategic player. His engine just keeps humming, all day long...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:

Chief, that Lyon team can counter like no man's business. And they work really hard for each other defensively. Juve couldn't break them down in their own house. And they make all their money in the air.

I fancy Lyon more than PSG. We go see wetin happen.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This just shows you how weak the English league is.

And I hope everyone can also see how tough the so called "one team" German league is? With Bayern, Leipzig, Dortmund and Leverkusen, the likes of United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal will never finish top 4.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

All English media with the narrative that "City did not play well" or that the officials screwed them...
Lyon managed them excellently well and never let them unbalance their defensive set up...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:

Uncle Lyon is not some small club as you make it,They take care of Juve easy with tall strikers.So your point about Tall strikers no hold water.
Pep was simply outcoach and City was just not good
Tall strikers like Higuain abi. I am not underating them at all, but please Bayern have enough to take care of business. Bayern's attack offer variety, pace in Gnarby and Persic, power and height in Legwadonsky and Muller..

Of course football can still be football, but on paper Bayern come to the party with enough tools in their bag to do the damage.

This useless City make my blood boil when they go on this their one way route.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:This just shows you how weak the English league is.

And I hope everyone can also see how tough the so called "one team" German league is? With Bayern, Leipzig, Dortmund and Leverkusen, the likes of United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal will never finish top 4.
Lol. Where was this comment last season? By your conclusion, the French league is stronger than EPL, La Liga & Serie A abi?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Common why do we quickly go this route, how weak the English league is, only last year they had two teams in the finals both in champions league and uefa.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:

Chief, that Lyon team can counter like no man's business. And they work really hard for each other defensively. Juve couldn't break them down in their own house. And they make all their money in the air.

I fancy Lyon more than PSG. We go see wetin happen.

:rotf: Juve with their midfield over the last 2 years cannot even break open the legs of a whore in a brothel. Abeg no make me laugh.

Its a one-leg semi final, which means its a "final." I expect Lyon to come out fighting and ready to kill and die! But i am reading your post and I know you have never watched Bayern play. Anyone who has watched Bayern play once will know that Bayern runs as much as, if not more than anyone. Even yesterday the commentator said they had run the most distance of any team in the CL (please check to confirm, I didnt confirm). Go and ask Chelsea. Bayern players are fooking fit and conditioning is a huge part of their game
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

Common why do we quickly go this route, how weak the English league is, only last year they had two teams in the finals both in champions league and uefa.
Uncle, I am talking about this season. Did you see what Leipzig did to Spurs? And what Bayern did to Chelsea?

Every season is judged on its own because clubs go back in the summer to refuel and buy players. As for this season, the EPL is weak and only Liverpool will play in the top 4 of Germany. The rest wouldnt be able to.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:

Lol. Where was this comment last season? By your conclusion, the French league is stronger than EPL, La Liga & Serie A abi?
You judge leagues by seasons.

Secondly, I dont think you understand my analysis. I watch the Bundesliga and it is stronger than the EPL this season. Remember when Pa Jimoh was celebrating the Leipzig draw in december and I told him that he should be begging for Barca and Madrid, because Leipzig will murder them?? Did you see what happened in London and leipzig???

If you watch the Bundesliga, you will know how weak the EPL is, compared to the Bundesliga.