Manure vs Sevilla

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manure vs Sevilla

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I have only one question, why was Romero dropped for Dé Gea?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:I have only one question, why was Romero dropped for Dé Gea?
Probably because it's a big game but I doubt if Romero would've come closer to saving any of their 2 goals
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
Probably because it's a big game but I doubt if Romero would've come closer to saving any of their 2 goals
The dynamics of the game are usually different with different personnel. He might have organised his defence better, I feel he could have saved the first goal. The same rubbish was pulled on him in the FA Cup.

As for being a big game, I fancy my chances with Romero than the overpaid Dé Gea who is on his way down
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Covid has done a number on the EPL teams.
They had four teams in both the Europa and Champions league finals last season
but these guys have just run outta gas ... with
the hectic schedule to close out the season
and the grind 4 champions league places.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

It used to be said that the EPL season strenuous schedule is the cause of EPL team failure in Europe, but this time, they had plenty time to rest and get ready...boohooo
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You think say that is the reason for this loss? ;-)
Sleaky72 wrote:Covid has done a number on the EPL teams.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
The dynamics of the game are usually different with different personnel. He might have organised his defence better, I feel he could have saved the first goal. The same rubbish was pulled on him in the FA Cup.

As for being a big game, I fancy my chances with Romero than the overpaid Dé Gea who is on his way down
You may have a point wrt the second goal however, Linderlorf should’ve taken responsibility and not passed off De Jong to Wambissaka who was always caught on the wrong side of De Jong.

Their first goal was a very clinical finish struck with pace. No chance for any goalie.

Anyway, the bigger problem for them today had a lot more to do with misfiring forwards.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ighalo scored goals in this competition, but the muppet of a coach only felt he deserved few seconds while playing a headless James and a spent Mata. The earlier United go look for a coach that can win something, the better. This one should be working in the maintenance department.

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:

:clap: :clap: I've said it several times De Gea is over hyped. Best keeper in te world :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kako on Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:

You may have a point wrt the second goal however, Linderlorf should’ve taken responsibility and not passed off De Jong to Wambissaka who was always caught on the wrong side of De Jong.

Their first goal was a very clinical finish struck with pace. No chance for any goalie.

Anyway, the bigger problem for them today had a lot more to do with misfiring forwards.
Even Liendolof, why was Bailey dropped?
As for the first goal, it yes it was struck with accuracy, but if the keeper moved fast enough and bring out his hands and not legs, there is a chance. Romero is bigger, he could have made up the space. His positioning might be different. I just don't rate that Dé Gea anymore, I hate keepers who stand in the post and behave like they are deaf and dumb.

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That CD Kounde is solid gold prospect. Think he may be only 21. His partner in CD is a late bloomer at 27. I hear EPL teams are lining up for Carlos.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

YUJAM wrote:You think say that is the reason for this loss? ;-)
It’s an opinion and you are entitled 2 yours.
How can u seriously take shots @ a league that
had both teams in the finals of both the Europa
and Champions league sans Covid.

EPL teams have burnt out their legs.
You’re more than entitled 2 disagree.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:
Kako wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Like I said, sh11t League. Exposed this season!

United finished 3rd in the EPL and look how Sevilla prostitute them? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Didnt just beat them, but dominated them!
They were beaten but not dominated, Haba!! danfo driver :laugh:
Bro, football is 90 minutes. I have noticed this a lot with football fans, you guys seem to think football is only 45 minutes or the last 20 minutes.

The whole first half, Sevilla dominated United and played them half-field! Yes or. No?

Second half, United had some chances here and there and in the last 10 minutes, after taking the lead, Sevilla gave them the ball... ngwa, take! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sevilla didnt need to control the ball anymore. They chose to control spaces behind the ball.

DOMINATED!
Bro, we take our three koro koro eyes see now :mrgreen: . They were not dominated :)
Last edited by Kako on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Na fight? Just haskin’ here.
Sleaky72 wrote:

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:

I have no idea but for me, both of them are the same level of CB quality. Sometimes games go like this when one team fails to be clinical with their many chances. We can always point to a scapegoat here and there but for today’s game, ManU as a team only have themselves to blame.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:

I have no idea but for me, both of them are the same level of CB quality. Sometimes games go like this when one team fails to be clinical with their many chances. We can always point to a scapegoat here and there but for today’s game, ManU as a team only have themselves to blame.
It is about the dynamics of the game, changing and chopping teams just for the form of it breeds instability. Especially the defensive unit. That is my point. If he had played the same unit and lost I would have accepted that. What was the rationale for dropping Romero, he did the same nonsense in the FA Cup and lost, why repeat it again?

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

YUJAM wrote:Na fight? Just haskin’ here.
Sleaky72 wrote:

Fight? Hell nah :???:
I’m so proud of Julen Lopetegui.
A man who was dumped by Espana and Madrid in months
has now bounced back with a berth in a European finale.
Much props.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

danfo driver wrote:80 million pounds defender ball watching. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It's unbelievable!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

furiously frank wrote:
green4life wrote:FT. ManU's misfiring frontline only have themselves to blame.
I think they would appreciate Mourinho better now. He still have the best record of any ManU coach post Fergie.
...But but but
Ole is at the Wheel!

We are as good as PSG!

Ole is at the Wheel!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!

I said, who is at the wheeeeeeeel!!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

We are as good as PSG! Yes we are!

Ole is at the Wheel! Yes he is!

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!
:thumbs: :thumbs:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

furiously frank wrote:It used to be said that the EPL season strenuous schedule is the cause of EPL team failure in Europe, but this time, they had plenty time to rest and get ready...boohooo
My brother, her Majesty, the Queen's secret servants are now blaming Covid for attacking only England and sparing the rest of Europe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
green4life wrote:

Lindelof is a very poor defender! All the gra gra in that primary school Portuguese League does not translate to top level football. Bailly's problem is injuries and his lack of concentration some times. Lindelof is simply not good enough for a team that wants to dominate.