Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week
Who are those negotiating the deals for Man U??? They are yet to recover from Sanchez scam!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:Apparently Sancho agreed personal terms worth 340,000 a week
Who are those negotiating the deals for Man U??? They are yet to recover from Sanchez scam!
now i hear its 180,000 a week and they want him to take a pay cut, haha! very laughable
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The Man Utd cup is either half full of haf-empty depending on which way you look at it:

THE PROS:

Finished 3rd and got into CL. Reached the SF of every cup competition they played in this season. Improved mobility and more creative in final third.

THE CONS:

Played 4 semi-final matches this season: but lost 3 of them. Created loads of chances - unable to convert them. Suggests a "nearly team" that is missing 3 key players to get them into finals/over final hurdle. I actually think Utd needed a striker like Werner (too late) or Cavani (temp stop gap until Greenwood is ready to play CF), more than they need Sancho.
Last edited by wiseone on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:The Man Utd cup is either half full of haf-empty depending on which way you look at it:

THE PROS:

Finished 3rd and got into CL. Reached the SF of every cup competition they played in this season. Improved mobility and more creative in final third.

THE CONS:

Played 4 semi-final matches this season. Lost 3 of them. Created loads of chances - unable to convert them. Suggests a "nearly team" that is missing 3 key players to get them into finals/over final hurdle. I actually think Utd needed a striker like Werner (too late) or Cavani (temp stop gap until Greenwood is ready to play CF), more than they need Sancho.
Agreed
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Guys, Romelu Lukaku is now scoring for fun in Serie A and all competitions.

What do those who used to mock him have to say now
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:Guys, Romelu Lukaku is now scoring for fun in Serie A and all competitions.

What do those who used to mock him have to say now
Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Your captain, Slab Head, has been arrested in Greece. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Seems you guys will need to buy another defender. Slab head punched a police officer and then tried to bribe his way out. He is going to prison for a long time. O ma se o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... olice.html
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Your slab headed captain was in court today. :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

English players and the drink culture, footballers or fans, all yobs!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If the pursuit of Sancho is over, perhaps the "Sancho money" can instead be used to reinforce other areas of the squad in dire of strengthening:

DM/regista (Ruben Neves)

CF: Utd should have moved early and bought Werner. Since he is no longer an option, what about a Uruguayan striker with a proven pedigree who is no longer needed at Barcelona and who will come cheap?...

FB: (see CF - replace "Werner" with "Hakimi"). Again Utd dawdled, did not act, and let Inter swoop in and buy the hottest wing back talent in world football right now not called "Alphonso" (Hakimi). Big miss. Has Alphonso like speed AND can play RB or LB. Is at TAA level in terms of assists. Better than Shaw, Chilwell, and the other alleged FB prospects.
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

united should raid Wolves for their players!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:united should raid Wolves for their players!
:lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Reports everywhere say Donny Van De Beek will soon join Man Utd. Solid player. Would be a good signing. Questions:

1) What does this mean for Fred and McTominay?

2) How will Ole fit everyone in? Man Utd will have an abundance of midfielders: Van De Beek, Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Fred, McTominay, Mata, Pereira = 8 players for only 3 midfield places...
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

marko wrote:united should raid Wolves for their players!
You're a joker.

Wolves is good and has solid players, but their #1 asset is their coaching/management.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

wiseone wrote:Reports everywhere say Donny Van De Beek will soon join Man Utd. Solid player. Would be a good signing. Questions:

2) How will Ole fit everyone in? Man Utd will have an abundance of midfielders: Van De Beek, Matic, Pogba, Fernandes, Fred, McTominay, Mata, Pereira = 8 players for only 3 midfield places...
Those three are probably on their way out or very marginal.

The rest will compete for spaces and there are tons of games to play...if Ole will actually rotate.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

wiseone wrote:Reports everywhere say Donny Van De Beek will soon join Man Utd. Solid player. Would be a good signing. Questions:

What it should mean is tactical evolution. Surely Wilder’s overlapping centrehalves, Flick’s use of Alaba at centreback, the age of rampaging fullbacks and the conundrum of their curtailing, mandate tactical reshuffle, Ole’s embrace of a magic system and relinquish of his tendency for premier gauo.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Donzman wrote:

Those three are probably on their way out or very marginal.

The rest will compete for spaces and there are tons of games to play...if Ole will actually rotate.
It's that simple. Squad Depth.
To allow the manager to alter team selection and tactics.
The key is to keep all of them happy being sat on the bench
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke and Donzman:

1) Matic is going nowhere (he just signed a contract extension). If anything the signing of DVDB (an AM) will make his place in the team even more secure as the team is not going to play DVDB, Pogba, Fernandes, Martial, Rashford, and Greenwood without a DM.

2) Ole does not have a good track record with rotation. At the end of last season, he persisted with playing Fernandes, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial etc every game even though they were clearly out of gas and needed a break (esp Fernandes). He did this even in games where the team was losing. Yet he left the fresh McTominay, James, Ighalo, Johnny Kills etc on the bench (even in a European semi-final - in the last game of the season, with only 5 minutes to go in a game Man Utd were losing).
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Absolute class open letter by Van Der Sar (Ajax CEO) to Man Utd:

[tweet]1301418607579197440?s=20[/tweet]
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Alexis Sanchez has just said on his live video that after signing for United, after the first week he went home and told his family, “Can I break this contract and move back to @Arsenal?” He admits he wasn’t aware of his decision at the time and regrets it