BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
mcal wrote:...football as we all know is a team sport. Because one or two are screwing up at any part of the field does not mean the others should quit. Bayern were simply superlatively superior at all departments.
Was that same Gnabry that was wasting away at Arsenal? Even Coutinho got into the act of humiliation, and that Canadian kid was damn hot, reminiscent of some great SE left backs/wingers of the past. Speedy and trickery.
Yes it is a team sport, maybe you should go and watch how domino all crumble just because one of them is tipped over.

Your body consist of many parts, each assigned to do a role, if your kidney(God forbid) does not do its role, your whole body packs up.

Some of you just use these words, I doubt if you pause to reflect on it. After the game went 1-1 Barca suddenly found their mojo, Messi had two good chances one hit the post and the other from his run and shot Neur saved. Then Semedo and Lengelet took over

When your team is under the cush, your attacking strategy goes into the dog house. These things don't just happen, they depend sequence of events going on the field.
...you touched on that 2x now.
Yep, he did hit post, like we say many moons ago, "nearly don't kill a bird".
That said, I went back to re-watch the highlight, and it was a Messi's give away that cause one of the goals.
Every player is coached, when you lose the ball chase it down and get it back, a top player like him should know.
I am biased, they lost, great. I don't even like Bayern, but it was a good one sided match.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBn1Heoc7Zg[/video]
What Happened To Barca's Academy | What Is Happening To La Masia | Is La Masia Dying?
...like every other team they wanted quick fixes, splash money to get already proven players. It's happening at some epl clubs now.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oloye
Seems like you are wasting your time with as many responses.

If this was a naija team guess who they will blame? They would probably blame Umeruo & Awazie, or Rohr.

If Man City wins today and goes on to beat Munich, will they say Munich was great? Probably not.
Don't wish them bad luck though.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oguleftie wrote:Oloye

If this was a naija team guess who they will blame? They would probably blame Umeruo & Awazie, or Rohr.

If Man City wins today and goes on to beat Munich, will they say Munich was great? Probably not.
So who do you blame for Barca hammer?
I dont think from even stats Munich is rate higher than City to win this competition.
City need to first beat Lyon which might not happen.
Any team at this level can beat any team but when your stars dont show up or even control the scoreline.8-2?
I will not expect even my beloved Arsenal players to give 8-2 to any team to start with.Bayern could have score 12 goals if they wanted.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I remember having an argument with someone about how unnecessary the signing of Griezmann. I said they were better off keeping Coutinho and signing Joao Felix instead. These teams, Real and Barca just look for the flavour of the month and go after them whether or not the are needed or a good fit.

The team has fallen apart since then.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Everyone is going on about Semedo, I would like to see your "replacement" left completely exposed to Davies/Perisic or Davies/Gnabry time after time. Not to mention that he was also tasked with providing width given the nonsense formation they started the game with yesterday.

Semedo is a very good RB but he was given an impossible task yesterday. Provide width on attack and cover some of the most dangerous LW play in world football, all alone, because Messi isnt' doing any defending and Sergi Roberto was kept busy tracking runs from the middle of the park. Vidal faced the same challenges when he was forced into RMF.

This is all on the coach.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:

I dont think from even stats Munich is rate higher than City to win this competition.
Any team at this level can beat any team but when your stars dont show up or even control the scoreline.8-2?
I will not expect even my beloved Arsenal players to give 8-2 to any team to start with.Bayern could have score 12 goals if they wanted.
But you team gave 8-2 to United, if anyone can come here to boast, not your team that the likes of United, City and Liverpool in recent times have used to practice scoring goals. E be like say amnesia dey worry you for standing up to make that empty boast.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:

But you team gave 8-2 to United, if anyone can come here to boast, not your team that the likes of United, City and Liverpool in recent times have used to practice scoring goals. E be like say amnesia dey worry you for standing up to make that empty boast.
And United had the likes of Ashley Young and Danny Welbeck running riot that day :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:Barca manager sacked!!

If Bartolomeu had any honor he would've had his entire board resign already to trigger new elections.

Coach deserves to be sacked, but he's not the root cause of this.

Just compare the manner in which both teams have refreshed in the last three years.

As Ribery and Robben were winding down their careers, Munich was introducing Coman, Gnabry and now Sane....
And they tried for Odoi. Kaii!! Odoi really messed up signing on with Chelsea. I was watching the game yesterday and he would have been a starter for Bayern--- simply because Bayern wanted him. They wanted him to start for them and if he had taken the chance, the same they gave to Gnabry, he'd have done a Sancho with them. At Chelsea, he is NOT going to start games.

By the way, your last sentence indicts Bartomeu further, when you see his handling of Arthur. Replacing Arthur with a 30 year old Pjanic :rotf:
KPOM!! One has to wonder about Barca's recruitment philosophy. They have returned to pre-Rijkaard days and even then it was probably better because they gave their youth a chance.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Donzman wrote:Everyone is going on about Semedo, I would like to see your "replacement" left completely exposed to Davies/Perisic or Davies/Gnabry time after time. Not to mention that he was also tasked with providing width given the nonsense formation they started the game with yesterday.

Semedo is a very good RB but he was given an impossible task yesterday. Provide width on attack and cover some of the most dangerous LW play in world football, all alone, because Messi isnt' doing any defending and Sergi Roberto was kept busy tracking runs from the middle of the park. Vidal faced the same challenges when he was forced into RMF.

Yup...I clearly remember one play where Messi took a free-kick from the right wing. Bayern won the ball at the top of the box and broke away via the right. Messi didn't bother taking 2 steps to chase back even though he was one of the deepest Barca players. How do you win a CL knockout game with that type of attitude?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:
Donzman wrote:Everyone is going on about Semedo, I would like to see your "replacement" left completely exposed to Davies/Perisic or Davies/Gnabry time after time. Not to mention that he was also tasked with providing width given the nonsense formation they started the game with yesterday.

Yup...I clearly remember one play where Messi took a free-kick from the right wing. Bayern won the ball at the top of the box and broke away via the right. Messi didn't bother taking 2 steps to chase back even though he was one of the deepest Barca players. How do you win a CL knockout game with that type of attitude?
The same way he has done it more than 40 times, 4 times of which actually led to the Cl Trophy.

As an Arsenal fan, I am sure you wouldn't understand.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

The same way he has done it more than 40 times, 4 times of which actually led to the Cl Trophy.

Let's stick to topic. Yes, he has won it 4 times but he is clearly fed up now. You cannot beat this Bayern team with a defensive passenger on the field.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Let's stick to topic. Yes, he has won it 4 times but he is clearly fed up now. You cannot beat this Bayern team with a defensive passenger on the field.
Messi from 10 years ago under Pep was one of the hardest workers on the pitch but this is 2020 and the man lost some of his pace and energy. Body no be fire wood. At this point of his career, Messi is a finisher who is still good for 30+ goals per season. To get the most out of Messi, you need to surround him with younger legs that can run. If you are waiting for him to run, you have lost the plot because he is far from the player he used to be - though still very useful at the top level.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Yes, I stuck to the topic. You said "How do you win a CL knockout game with that type of attitude?" But he has won more than 40 CL knockout games with that same attitude.

I raised Arsenal, because I recognized that as an Arsenal fan, you wouldnt know what it takes to be successful in CL knockout games
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

Messi from 10 years ago under Pep was one of the hardest workers on the pitch but this is 2020 and the man lost some of his pace and energy. Body no be fire wood. At this point of his career, Messi is a finisher who is still good for 30+ goals per season. To get the most out of Messi, you need to surround him with younger legs that can run. If you are waiting for him to run, you have lost the plot because he is far from the player he used to be - though still very useful at the top level.
Thats untrue. Messi has always been like this and some fans have complained about it since the beginning. It was also one of the reasons Pep was forced to move him to false 9.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
Thats untrue. Messi has always been like this and some fans have complained about it since the beginning. It was also one of the reasons Pep was forced to move him to false 9.
Nope. He was moved to false 9 to maximize his goal scoring strengths because he was very deadly as a finisher. But in terms of work rate, Messi was a hard worker for Pep in terms of pressing and helping to win the ball. Pep had everyone chasing and pressing the ball back then and Messi was not exempt.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

green4life wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

I completely understand that no one expects Messi to do much of any defensive work at this stage of his career. However there are specific situations on the pitch where some effort is required....a breakaway following a freekick is one of those. He didn't even pretend to bother
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Nope. He was moved to false 9 to maximize his goal scoring strengths because he was very deadly as a finisher. But in terms of work rate, Messi was a hard worker for Pep in terms of pressing and helping to win the ball. Pep had everyone chasing and pressing the ball back then and Messi was not exempt.
Lol. you got your opinion and I got mine. So, clearly we will not agree.

Those who know, and its public knowledge, Messi was the one who asked Pep to move him to the middle. He wasnt happy with having to do all that running up and down. This is well known.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Messi had played a version of the false 9 in the youth teams and his style made Pep settled on putting him there and Eto'o on the right.
I have the book and everything.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:Messi had played a version of the false 9 in the youth teams and his style made Pep settled on putting him there and Eto'o on the right.
I have the book and everything.
Sometimes we just have to let Danfo be. The bobo will never agree.

The Messi, I watched play under Pep, was anything but a slacker. He was chasing balls left and right especially whenever he randomly lost possession. The emphasis back then was on winning the ball back asap and none of Pep's players was exempt from the dirty work. As a Chelsea fan, I have had to watch a lot of barca games for obvious CL related reasons from 2005 thru 2018. So I have seen his evolution especially wrt the work rate aspect of his game over the years. Under Pep he was running like a robot.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Barca, with time, became their antithesis, Real Madrid of old. Breaking away from the team mentality, they moved towards the festival of ostentation that is galacticoism. The decline has been otherworldly, as one might expect. Pathetic.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Totally wrong prediction. I am going to keep quiet on this season. Damn RBL - when you needed to prove supporters right - you crashed.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8