Lyon 0 Bayern 3 (Gnabry X 2, Lewa) FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lyon 0 Bayern 2 (Gnabry X 2)

Post by txj »

Marcal's value's gone way up with this tournament
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Should've been three. But its coming...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Lyon 0 Bayern 1 (Gnabry)

Post by charlie »

danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:Bayern is one hell of a machine! Kai!
The speed and precision at which they attack you is scary :scared:
You seem to be changing your tone? Next time, when a football mind like Oloye is talking, keep quiet and take notes.

danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:
oloye wrote:
charlie wrote:For anyone assuming Munich will run over Lyon,....not so fast.

This Lyon team can defend like hell, and the UCL has proven too many teams that good defensive teams should never be underestimated.
Oh please look at those short brainless City attackers and tell me they pose any threat to Lyon. I will love to see them against those German machines who are threat both in the air and on the ground. City offered no threat in the air, thus limiting the threat they posed to Lyon.
Chief, that Lyon team can counter like no man's business. And they work really hard for each other defensively. Juve couldn't break them down in their own house. And they make all their money in the air.

I fancy Lyon more than PSG. We go see wetin happen.

:rotf: Juve with their midfield over the last 2 years cannot even break open the legs of a whore in a brothel. Abeg no make me laugh.

Its a one-leg semi final, which means its a "final." I expect Lyon to come out fighting and ready to kill and die! But i am reading your post and I know you have never watched Bayern play. Anyone who has watched Bayern play once will know that Bayern runs as much as, if not more than anyone. Even yesterday the commentator said they had run the most distance of any team in the CL (please check to confirm, I didnt confirm). Go and ask Chelsea. Bayern players are fooking fit and conditioning is a huge part of their game
You are an illiterate. Learn to read instead of picking pointless fights on the internet.

All I said was that we shouldn't automatically assume Bayern will beat Lyon and they should not be underestimated. I stand by what I said. If Lyon had taken their chances early this match might be a different story. They didnt, Bayern didnt miss theirs.

Respect to Bayern but the match is not over.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Lyon finally get a shot on goal. Header saved by Neuer

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lyon 0 Bayern 1 (Gnabry)

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
You are an illiterate. Learn to read instead of picking pointless fights on the internet.

All I said was that we shouldn't automatically assume Bayern will beat Lyon and they should not be underestimated. I stand by what I said. If Lyon had taken their chances early this match might be a different story. They didnt, Bayern didnt miss theirs.

Respect to Bayern but the match is not over.
That may or may not be true. What is true and what I have demanded of you is that when Oloye is speaking, you must shut your mouth and pick up a pen and paper. I expect you will do as I have demanded.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Toto Ekambitch don collect money
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:I think in first half Lyon showed signs why Guardiola adjusted his tactics.

But for poor finishing, this here's a different game...

That said, Bayern is just too powerful...
Nope. Pep's change of tactics had less to do with Lyon and more to do with the profile of the players he had faith in for that game.

The bottomline is Pep's most relatable players are not the fastest sprinters so he had to adjust his formation to mitigate that weakness. when deploying the Rodrigo, Gundogan plus KDB, in a track meet, they will struggle especially with unreliable CBs behind them.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ekambi! smdh...

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ekambi na bonafide plantain eating wastepipe....that should have been 2-1
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

What da hayell do Lyon have to do to score in this match?!? :woot: :woot:

Neuer saves from Ekambi after what looked like a sure Lyon goal!

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ekambi again shows why top clubs spend extra bread for deadly finishers. Soup wey sweet, na money kill am.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Silence is the best answer for a fool...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:I think in first half Lyon showed signs why Guardiola adjusted his tactics.

Nope. Pep's change of tactics had less to do with Lyon and more to do with the profile of the players he had faith in for that game.

The bottomline is Pep's most relatable players are not the fastest sprinters so he had to adjust his formation to mitigate that weakness. when deploying the Rodrigo, Gundogan plus KDB, in a track meet, they will struggle especially with unreliable CBs behind them.
I think you should listen to his interview after the game...

“What we have done is try to cover our weak points,” Guardiola explained on BT Sport. “And also comparing to their strong points.

“They attack the channels really well and I didn’t want to leave them. That’s why.
“We then unblocked our respect a bit, we struggled initially, but in the same shape we attacked well.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Gotta admire Lyon's fight sha. They are taking it to Bayern and holding their own in that midfield.
Its their attack that has let them down.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:Silence is the best answer for a fool...
It may quit be the best answer. But I do not suffer fools gladly. I discipline them and if I have to beat the f00l out of you, I will do it. Let this be the last time you challenge Oloye here again. Or else!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:Ekambi not up to this level...
Fresh from the class of the 90s, all leg, no brain.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

what a match up the final is going to be...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

I think you should listen to his interview after the game...

“What we have done is try to cover our weak points,” Guardiola explained on BT Sport. “And also comparing to their strong points.

“They attack the channels really well and I didn’t want to leave them. That’s why.
“We then unblocked our respect a bit, we struggled initially, but in the same shape we attacked well.
... because he did not have players that could match them up in terms of physical attributes unlike Bayern Munich that doesn't have to adjust due to their superior quality physically and talent wise. Pep is not alone by the way but when another manager (like Lampard) did the same - switching to 343 - due to shortfall of players meeting the profile needed for the task, you turn a blind eye ... But if it's Pep, it makes a helluva sense :lol:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I predict PSG will beat Bayern in the final
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enough in this game to show the final is anybody's game...

PSG will hurt this Bayern team...too many leftovers in their performance...

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote:what a match up the final is going to be...
That high line vs Killian Odugwu will be interesting.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Coach wrote:
txj wrote:Ekambi not up to this level...
Fresh from the class of the 90s, all leg, no brain.
To be fair, Ekambi has had some inspiring moments in this years competition.
He just had a very rough game.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damn, Lyon just not getting the lucky bounces today