Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Post by danfo driver »

THE SIXTH EVIDENCE:

Sheffield United agrees to pay 18.5 million poundsfor a Bournemouth division 2 player Hmm thought the market will collapse beyond belief and clubs will be handing out players for free?! coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE SEVENTH EVIDENCE:

Chelsea agrees to pay 100 million euros for Kai Harvetz
coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o![/quote]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:That bobo won't let you go for peanuts
But they said because of Covid, clubs will have to sell at a loss.
I stumbled upon this thread a few months later only to see a dude arguing in an empty room... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, when the transfer window closes on October 5, then let's compare it to last year's spend.
Meanwhile, quit using outliers to make a point as if there's only been 7 transfers in this window.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I stumbled upon this thread a few months later only to see a dude arguing in an empty room... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, when the transfer window closes on October 5, then let's compare it to last year's spend.
Meanwhile, quit using outliers to make a point as if there's only been 7 transfers in this window.
When you are done trying to shift post, repeat after me: "Coronavirus, transfer market o ni ba je o!" :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

When you are done trying to shift post, repeat after me: "Coronavirus, transfer market o ni ba je o!" :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol:
October 5 is not that far away... :lol:
But while we are waiting, Leicester about to take a 66% LOSS on Silmani. :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

October 5 is not that far away... :lol:
But while we are waiting, Leicester about to take a 66% LOSS on Silmani. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Uncle, you may want to go back and read the argument. The argument was, and has always been - Will transfer fee per player reduce BECAUSE of coronavirus? My response was NO, and I explained the reasoning fully earlier. As for Silmani, you think that has anything to do with coronavirus, the same Silmani they have been unable to sell for years and they kept sending his asssss out on loan??!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Coronavirus, transfer market o ni ba je o! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clubs have played all of you 419! They deceived you to think they are "bleeding," got government benefit like Mich McConnell and Kanye West and the use style to sack unwanted employees they have been trying to sack for a long time, but couldnt because of legal issues. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Look at Arsenal, they sacked their staff left right and center and went and paid Willian 250k pounds a week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kaii! Yoy guys truly allowed these clubs to play you for f00ls! :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote: I thinking you mean “buying” club...
Since Man Utd would be the seller in that instance.
Yes, thanks!
Nonetheless, you act as if club’s do not take a LOSS on players on a regular basis...
Reality is that there’s no guarantee Man U will recoup its outlay on Pogba, and thus has to make a cost-benefit analysis.

In effect, it would come down to whether a Man U wants to carry him and his expensive wages...
Even if he is not performing optimally (or unhappy) or to sell him at a loss or discount and reinvest those proceeds elsewhere.
He is their most lucrative playing "asset." I'll be surprised.
Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>
I agree. That was the baseline of my analysis. In immediate post-COVID (a.k.a this summer and perhaps January). Although I also believe that clubs will simply refuse to sell, rather than sell at a heavy loss. However, my position was, IN THE LONG-TERM, I do not think it will cause market-price to reduce significantly.

By the way, although its discussion for another thread, I do not think the clubs are bleeding as much as the media is making it out to be. Many have insurance, and whole tv money is huge for them, many also rely on partnership money--which has been paid at the beginning of the season. I think the real concern for them is whether next season will start soon enough for them to effectively survive next year and in the future. Belgium, Holland and France have all ended their seasons and their clubs who are significantly weaker, financially, than English clubs did not collapse! The English press simply want their darling, Liverpool, to win the league and what better way to do it than tell us about doom and gloom to make sure the season is complete.

Just incase you have forgotten ^^^
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE EIGHT EVIDENCE:

Leeds United agrees to pay thirty million pounds for a 29 year old who is being pushed out by Valencia, because the club is in a complete financial meltdown!
coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o! :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE NINTH EVIDENCE:

Chelsea has paid FIFTY MILLION POUNDS for left back, Ben Chilwell!
coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o! :taunt: :taunt: [/quote]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

45 million. Glad Chelsea didn't pay 80
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:45 million. Glad Chelsea didn't pay 80
lol @ 80. His price was always 50 and thats what Chelsea paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:Just incase you have forgotten ^^^
Uncle, English is not that difficult a language to understand... :lol:

The "summer window" this year closes on October 5...
Thus AFTER October 5, we will see if spending is down.

To use SINGLE outlier signings is akin to saying that compared to Neymar's signing, fees are DOWN.
Btw, Chilwell's fees are LOWER than Leicester initially valued him at prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The DESPERATION not to wait until after October 5...
Appears a recognition that the scales have fallen of your eyes. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:The DESPERATION not to wait until after October 5...
Appears a recognition that the scales have fallen of your eyes. :lol:
coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o! :thumbs: :rotf: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Just incase you have forgotten ^^^
Uncle, English is not that difficult a language to understand... :lol:

The "summer window" this year closes on October 5...
Thus AFTER October 5, we will see if spending is down.

To use SINGLE outlier signings is akin to saying that compared to Neymar's signing, fees are DOWN.
Btw, Chilwell's fees are LOWER than Leicester initially valued him at prior to the coronavirus pandemic.
Uncle, I understand you are doing your best to move the goalpost; but, you will continue to see my previous comment below:
:lol: :lol: Uncle, you may want to go back and read the argument. The argument was, and has always been - Will transfer fee per player reduce BECAUSE of coronavirus? My response was NO, and I explained the reasoning fully earlier.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE TENTH EVIDENCE:

Benfica has paid TWENTY-FIVE MILLION EUROS for Darwin Nunez. Yup! You have never heard that name before because he was playing division 2 football last season.
coronavirus, transfer market o ni baje o! :thumbs: :woot: :woot:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:THE TENTH EVIDENCE:

Benfica has paid TWENTY-FIVE MILLION EUROS for Darwin Nunez. Yup! You have never heard that name before because he was playing division 2 football last season.
danfo driver,

As you indicated, we will all know whether the fees went up or not at the end of the period. However, I feel that the overall results will point downwards given the financial situations of the clubs. By downwards I refer to the average being less than the previous year or the rate of annual increase being less. Either way will be an indication of a COVID effect.

The examples you have provided should not be a surprise, TBH. Clubs are more likely to go to lesser-known players based on potential. Those are the deals that should predominate because the fees will not be so huge to break the bank for the top clubs. In any case, we would not know what the final outcome is until the transfer period ends.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, I dont think you understood the argument we are having. Please, see page 2.
The issue was not about the overall spending for this summer. The issue, as some people said, was that clubs will NOT be able to pay big fees for anyone, and someone even said the likes of United will take a loss on Pogba!

So the argument is solely whether clubs would be paying astronomical fees for players like pre-covid or whether clubs will be selling at a huge discount.
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:THE TENTH EVIDENCE:

danfo driver,

As you indicated, we will all know whether the fees went up or not at the end of the period. However, I feel that the overall results will point downwards given the financial situations of the clubs. By downwards I refer to the average being less than the previous year or the rate of annual increase being less. Either way will be an indication of a COVID effect.

The examples you have provided should not be a surprise, TBH. Clubs are more likely to go to lesser-known players based on potential. Those are the deals that should predominate because the fees will not be so huge to break the bank for the top clubs. In any case, we would not know what the final outcome is until the transfer period ends.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote: Uncle, I understand you are doing your best to move the goalpost; but, you will continue to see my previous comment below:
:lol: :lol: Uncle, you may want to go back and read the argument. The argument was, and has always been - Will transfer fee per player reduce BECAUSE of coronavirus? My response was NO, and I explained the reasoning fully earlier.
Grand-Uncle, you are the one desperately shifting the monkey posts... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The following were basically our positions (and you actually AGREED with me)...
Subsequently, you start posting nonsense on each outlying transfer, and now Yahoo-ly ( :lol: ) added "per" player.
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote: Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>
I agree. That was the baseline of my analysis. In immediate post-COVID (a.k.a this summer and perhaps January). Although I also believe that clubs will simply refuse to sell, rather than sell at a heavy loss. However, my position was, IN THE LONG-TERM, I do not think it will cause market-price to reduce significantly.
Wait until October 5 (merely a month away), and quit wasting bandwidth. :woot:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote: Uncle, I understand you are doing your best to move the goalpost; but, you will continue to see my previous comment below:
Grand-Uncle, you are the one desperately shifting the monkey posts... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The following were basically our positions (and you actually AGREED with me)...
Subsequently, you start posting nonsense on each outlying transfer, and now Yahoo-ly ( :lol: ) added "per" player.
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote: Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>
Wait until October 5 (merely a month away), and quit wasting bandwidth. :woot:
I agreed with you on the average, but that was NOT our disagreement. Our disagreement was on price per player and not average price. :rotf: :rotf: The minute the first transfer went in for the cost I stated on page 3 the case was closed. Uncle, you will NOT shift the goal post on this one! :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THE ELEVENTH EVIDENCE:

Wolves has paid A CLUB RECORD, FORTY-MILLION POUNDS, for 18 year old Fabio Silva. Yup! You have never heard that name before, have ya? :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1302280641954881536

Cheii!! Coro Coro! I thought you were supposed to make teams give their players to others for free??? e be like sey, transfer market o ni baje o! :woot: :woot: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EVERTON SAYS: "coco roro! transfer market o ni baje o!" :taunt: