BARCA IN TURMOIL!! Messi declares WAR against Barcelona!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
BARCA IN TURMOIL!! Messi declares WAR against Barcelona!!

Post by danfo driver »

Barçelona has confirmed that the club has received a fax from Leo Messi asking to accept the clause of his contract, which allows Messi to terminate his contract with Barça.

The club is prepared to file a law suit against Messi and will argue to the court that under the provisions of the contract, Messi had until June 10, 2020 to terminate the contract. Of course, Messi's lawyers will argue that under the spirit of the contract, the parties intended that the contract be concluded at the end of the 2019/20 season, which is why the June 10th date was selected. Messi will further argue that the 2019/20 season was extended until August, and as a matter of course, the court should read that clause if the contract in conjunction with La Liga;s/UEFA's mandate to extend the Season.
It will be interesting how the court will rule.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BARCA IN TURMOIL!! Messi declares WAR against Barcelona!

Post by danfo driver »

Respect and admiration, Leo. All my support, friend.
Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Messi will not attend the tests this weekend, neither will he train. THE DECISION IS FINAL!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Lol. He overrates himself. He better stay at Barca. He is no use to anyone else at the level he thinks he should be. Except Juventus and PSG, they like old people there.

The above refers to football. Money wise the Messi brand is another story.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Lol. He overrates himself. He better stay at Barca. He is no use to anyone else at the level he thinks he should be. Except Juventus and PSG, they like old people there.

The above refers to football. Money wise the Messi brand is another story.
In his last game (AND IN MY OPINION) Messi dealt with the Bayern defense more than Neymar/Mbappe/Di Maria, COMBINED, could muster against Bayern in the Final.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cristao II wrote:x
I have deleted your comment from my post. Please delete it before people see it, biko!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Free Transfer: Messi to Man City?

Post by Rawlings »

Lionel Messi tells Barcelona by FAX that he wants to LEAVE this summer after holding crunch talks with new boss Ronald Koeman - and he's ready to use disputed clause in his contract which allows him to move for FREE amid interest from Man City
  • Lionel Messi communicated to Barcelona via fax that he wants to leave the club
    The bombshell announcement caused an emergency meeting of the club board
    The 33-year-old wants to terminate his contract and leave on a free transfer
    Manchester City, PSG and Inter Milan are ready to battle it out for his signature
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ummer.html
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The YeyeMan wrote:
I have deleted your comment from my post. Please delete it before people see it, biko!
thank you the disrespect of a legend, how could he
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The #Barcelona board of directors meeting ended. The leaders begin to leave while the fans ask for Bartomeu's resignation. Some members of the board propose the motion of censure for Bartomeu, others have submitted their resignation. #MessiSiBartoNo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

President of the Government of Catalunya:
Catalonia will always be your home. Thank you so much for all this time of happiness and great football. We have been lucky enough to share a few years of our lives with the best player in the world. And a noble athlete We will never forget you. Leo Messi, St. George's Cross.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

King Futcha wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
He was a legend. Now he is on his last legs. I dont believe he will do well outside Barcelona unless at certain clubs which would try to build a team round him - perhaps Inter :P
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Cristao II wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
He was a legend. Now he is on his last legs. I dont believe he will do well outside Barcelona unless at certain clubs which would try to build a team round him - perhaps Inter :P
Imagine Messi playing the #9 at City instead of Jesus. He will score 60 goals in the PL alone.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

jdizzy wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Imagine Messi playing the #9 at City instead of Jesus. He will score 60 goals in the PL alone.
Let him move... he will score but not as much as 60.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Barca should sell him. Every good thing comes to an end and this may be an opportunity for them to rebuild
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Sore loser.

Didn't he retire from Argentina too? :boo: :boo:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

YUJAM wrote:Barca should sell him. Every good thing comes to an end and this may be an opportunity for them to rebuild
Therein lies the issue. I don't think any club can afford the pay a mad transfer fee on top of the insane wages that Messi will demand so he is seeking to leave for free.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

For free. What kind of craziness is that? I can see Barca selling him for less (much less) than the release clause. But giving him away for free is probably not OK?
jdizzy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Barca should sell him. Every good thing comes to an end and this may be an opportunity for them to rebuild
Therein lies the issue. I don't think any club can afford the pay a mad transfer fee on top of the insane wages that Messi will demand so he is seeking to leave for free.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There's a possibility that this is designed to force Bartolomeu out.

That rat should've fallen on his sword after the Bayern massacre. Instead he cleverly slated elections for March next year and is hiring coaches and firing players...

He's the worst thing to have happened to Barca in the last decade!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

YUJAM wrote:For free. What kind of craziness is that? I can see Barca selling him for less (much less) than the release clause. But giving him away for free is probably not OK?
jdizzy wrote:
Well he had a "leave for free" clause that officially expired in June - designed to be 10 days after the season was supposed to end. His lawyers are arguing that the season was extended due to Covid so the clause still applies. I am no lawyer but I think he has a strong case and probably wins in court
Last edited by jdizzy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Unconfirmed reports that Bartolomeu has tendered his resignation
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jdizzy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:For free. What kind of craziness is that? I can see Barca selling him for less (much less) than the release clause. But giving him away for free is probably not OK?
jdizzy wrote:
Well he had a "leave for free" clause that officially expired in May - designed to be 10 days after the season was supposed to end. His lawyers are arguing that the season was extended due to Covid so the clause still applies. I am no lawyer but I think he has a strong case and probably wins in court

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your sentence should have ended at "I am no lawyer" :taunt:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

danfo driver wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Well he had a "leave for free" clause that officially expired in May - designed to be 10 days after the season was supposed to end. His lawyers are arguing that the season was extended due to Covid so the clause still applies. I am no lawyer but I think he has a strong case and probably wins in court

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Your sentence should have ended at "I am no lawyer" :taunt:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I an Engineer that has managed a ton of EPC contracts in the O&G sector...I might know a thing or 2 about contracts :) :) If they can prove a connection of the clause expiration date to the season ending (intent), then they might have a case.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!