2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Post by Its a Goal »

As the 2019/2020 season just got done the team is back to prepare for the new season. The team got a good workout against Ipswich with a solid 3 nil win, goals by Sessegnon and 2 by Son. Opening league match will be against Everton at the Lane and it is expected to be a good test of the team's preparation to go and make a challenge for the league title and to win a trophy.

A few changes already to the new season:

Return of the King: Ledley King has been hired to join the coaching staff. He is going to be in charge of the defensive unit of the team.
Hold My Beer: We have yet to adequately solve the DM of the pitch and I believe this is where Pierre-Emile Højbjerg should solve the problem.
We have a Hart: Michel Vorm was let go at the end of the season and in comes England's former #1, Joe Hart. He said he is not here to play second, talkless of third fiddle. Time will tell.
Nike Dares To Do: Over the years Spurs' Jerseys have not exactly been exciting but this season is different. The home Jersey is bold and inspiring while away jersey, though plain, oozes boldness.

Last edited by Its a Goal on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 64 times in total.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by Thunder »

IAG, trust you’re keeping well & safe. Take care of you bro.
PS: Your 20/21 Arsenal jersey is en route. :D
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote: IAG, trust you’re keeping well & safe. Take care of you bro.
PS: Your 20/21 Arsenal jersey is en route. :D
My brother, I dey kampe. How you and family?

Bingo, my dog, dey poo inside the house and I need rag wey I fit use to clean floor with. I go dey expect that rag as e go do the job well well :mrgreen:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Matt Doherty from Wolves is almost wrapped up. Solid replacement for Aurier and frees a spot for Europe if Serge leaves.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Aurier is a better RB than Doherty. I would be worried if Doherty was first choice for Spurs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Aurier is a better RB than Doherty. I would be worried if Doherty was first choice for Spurs.
Its very important to watch Football and stop playing play station or thinking a player is good because their name is exotic.

Doherty is a better player than Aurier and has proved that over the last 2 years.

STATISTICALLY, Doherty is the second best right back in the League, only second to Trent Alexander Arnold. FACT!

Doherty will be your first choice RB next season. The decision has been made and you will see the difference.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

In fact, @Cristao, I am surprised you have not watched Doherty, considering the fact that he destroyed Tottenham in that 2-3 loss of Tottenham to Wolves at your Stadium last season. He scored one, assisted one and ran Tanganga ragged, as if the poor boy owed him money.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I have watched him very carefully. He plays best as a wingback and sucks in a back 4. Considering Jose switches often to a back 4 when we are in defensive mode - it is a weakness. I will keep watching him and pray that I am proven wrong.

Exotic names .. dont confuse me with Chelsea or Arsenal fans.

Also Doherty is 28. I can only imagine that we have unearthed some youth RB prospect or we have someone else we have our eyes on to buy later in future.

On destroying Tanganga, last season was Japhet's rookie season. A number of players dribbled him - even in that same game, consider how Wolves central forward dribbled him for his goal.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:I have watched him very carefully. He plays best as a wingback and sucks in a back 4. Considering Jose switches often to a back 4 when we are in defensive mode - it is a weakness. I will keep watching him and pray that I am proven wrong.
How may games have you watched him play in a back 4?
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Should we gamble on Diego Costa if he is available on the cheap? He is 31 though and only scored 5 goals last season.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I have watched him very carefully. He plays best as a wingback and sucks in a back 4. Considering Jose switches often to a back 4 when we are in defensive mode - it is a weakness. I will keep watching him and pray that I am proven wrong.
I take it that you have NEVER watched him play in a back 4, yet, you gave an opinion of a phantom performance. You are certainly better than this. smh
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I take it that you have NEVER watched him play in a back 4, yet, you gave an opinion of a phantom performance. You are certainly better than this. smh
:rotf: :rotf:
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I see. Thanks danfo. I am sure that we will have an opportunity to discuss this later in future especially when the season starts.

On your other comments, yawwnnnnn! Here we go again.

PS go watch him for Ireland who play 4 at the back most times and also note his recovery speed when playing for Wolves against a counter attack. Jose bought this guy purely for wingback duties. I wonder if this will lead to a tactical shift this season.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Should we gamble on Diego Costa if he is available on the cheap? He is 31 though and only scored 5 goals last season.
Diego is an intelligent irritant.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
PS go watch him for Ireland who play 4 at the back most times
I was expecting this to be your response. Glad to know that you watch Republic of Ireland games. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jose bought this guy purely for wingback duties. I wonder if this will lead to a tactical shift this season.
I take it you have sat with, and spoken to Mourinho?

Dude, stop reading speculation on Twitter. Watch the games and find out for yourself!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Whether Doherty becomes sh1t for Spurs would be a Spurs problem. THE FACT is that last season he was the second best RB/RWB in the league.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Whether Doherty becomes sh1t for Spurs would be a Spurs problem. THE FACT is that last season he was the second best RB/RWB in the league.
I will not be surprise he becomes consider the curse you out on spurs,Fat rafa and Arsenal.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to back friendlies, back to back victories. First against Reading where Son scored 2 in the 4-1 win and today with a 1 nil victory, goal coming at the dead end of the game via a superb strike from Bergwijn.

I struggle to see Ndombele getting a look in with the arrival of Hojbjerg. Hojbjerg looks quite enterprising in the midfield with his creativity dribbling skills. He doesn't hide and looks to take the game by the horn. Unless Ndombele increase his workrate I doubt he will get to start any match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Whether Doherty becomes sh1t for Spurs would be a Spurs problem. THE FACT is that last season he was the second best RB/RWB in the league.
I can't comment on Doherty because I have not watched closely enough. From what I read about him though he seems like an upgrade as it is claimed he is a better on the defensive duties and can create opportunities upfront.

First league game is in 2 weeks and it will be interesting to see if Aurier will still be around then and if he keeps his place.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Whether Doherty becomes sh1t for Spurs would be a Spurs problem. THE FACT is that last season he was the second best RB/RWB in the league.
I can't comment on Doherty because I have not watched closely enough. From what I read about him though he seems like an upgrade as it is claimed he is a better on the defensive duties and can create opportunities upfront.

First league game is in 2 weeks and it will be interesting to see if Aurier will still be around then and if he keeps his place.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, there is nothing funny about it. Just because a new face walks through the door doesn't guarantee a start. Knowing JoMo, he is more about what you bring to the team rather than what you have. Aurier is known factor and JoMo is comfortable with him therefore Matt has to show in training he deserves to start over him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

BTW, where are PaJimoh and his lover, Anigbelenu?