Victor Osimhen Debut Hattrick For Napoli

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen Debut Hattrick For Napoli

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote:
olu wrote:I have high expectations for Osimhen, however, I wouldn't read too much into that game. I think the team they played was lower than Serie C level.
Was actually Serie D
https://www.goal.com/en/news/its-not-li ... ykjju7nfdv
According to Goal the match lasted 45 mins and ended 10: 0
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Victor Osimhen is World Class. No ifs, No Buts
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
olu wrote:I have high expectations for Osimhen, however, I wouldn't read too much into that game. I think the team they played was lower than Serie C level.
Was actually Serie D
it was 11-0.

its the second match, in which Osimhen did not play that ended 10-0
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

gochino wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Was actually Serie D
It’s a ‘triangular’ match...
Napoli played against 2 different clubs.

PS: Not sure if each game lasted 45 or 60mins each.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The overhyping starts again but this is nothing new on CE. The Italians are masters of defense, legal and illegal. It will be tough for him to score many goals in that league. I am excited for him though. I think he has all the tools to excel with time. I’ll be watching Serie A more this season.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YUJAM wrote:The overhyping starts again but this is nothing new on CE. The Italians are masters of defense, legal and illegal. It will be tough for him to score many goals in that league. I am excited for him though. I think he has all the tools to excel with time. I’ll be watching Serie A more this season.
I get your point, many CE folks are looking for that next thing, so they hype and set unrealistic expectations. In Seria A goals are difficult to come by, even CRon is yet to win top goal scorer in 2 season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

YUJAM wrote:The overhyping starts again but this is nothing new on CE. The Italians are masters of defense, legal and illegal. It will be tough for him to score many goals in that league. I am excited for him though. I think he has all the tools to excel with time. I’ll be watching Serie A more this season.
The boy has bulked up, adding physicality to his clinical finishing. Serie A is a good ground for him to hone his skills if he is going to become one of the deadliest No.9's around.

Napoli are a team that can build around him, he is using his pace well and knows how to exploit space. My only prayer is that he stays fit and is over his early career injury spells.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, looks like this Osimhen success truly pained you to your bone marrow! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are the one who said he will be bought for pittance and you laughed when we told you his fee will be astronomical. When Napoli spent a record fee for him, you ran into hiding. :thumbs: :D

I expect you to run into hiding again, beginning after the Juve game :taunt: :D
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, I found your post:
YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
you couldnt imagine the money-miss road would be more than 50 million Euros. Napoli paid 80 million Euros. :taunt:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Best striker since Ikpeba.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
I get your point, many CE folks are looking for that next thing, so they hype and set unrealistic expectations. In Seria A goals are difficult to come by, even CRon is yet to win top goal scorer in 2 season
Exactly. Their football is far more defensive. Less goals.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Mr Shows wrote:
The boy has bulked up, adding physicality to his clinical finishing. Serie A is a good ground for him to hone his skills if he is going to become one of the deadliest No.9's around.

Napoli are a team that can build around him, he is using his pace well and knows how to exploit space. My only prayer is that he stays fit and is over his early career injury spells.
He’s definitely quite physical. Other than the past season when he had some big injury scares, he’s been healthy. So hopefully last season was just an aberration. Besides I expect before Napoli shelled out all that money they made him go through a thorough physical. But I get your point. He has to stay healthy to be successful there
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

danfo driver wrote:Uncle, I found your post:
YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
you couldnt imagine the money-miss road would be more than 50 million Euros. Napoli paid 80 million Euros. :taunt:
Thanks for reminding me how close I was to his valuation. They paid 70 milla upfront. Bonuses aren’t guaranteed so let’s just say they paid 70. Now tell me which is closer to 70, 105 or 60?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Best striker since Ikpeba.
Kai, it’s been a while since we had proper APOY talent like Yeking, Ikpeba, Kanu etc...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBemPXn3Quk[/video]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZz71FtpGqU[/video]
Last edited by maceo4 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You of all people should know better than this unnecessary hyping. :mad:

The Serie A is a defense oriented league so it may take him a bit to adapt.

danfo driver wrote:
Uncle, looks like this Osimhen success truly pained you to your bone marrow! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are the one who said he will be bought for pittance and you laughed when we told you his fee will be astronomical. When Napoli spent a record fee for him, you ran into hiding. :thumbs: :D

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Uncle, I found your post:
Thanks for reminding me how close I was to his valuation. They paid 70 milla upfront. Bonuses aren’t guaranteed so let’s just say they paid 70. Now tell me which is closer to 70, 105 or 60?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The 105 was in USD and your 60 was in USD as well.

So their 105m USD = 88m Euros // while your 60m USD = 50m Euros.

The deal for Osimhen from Lille to Napoli is 81m Euros

81m Euros = 96.4m USD.

Uncle:

which is closer to 81? 88 or 50? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

which is closer to 96.4? 105 or 60? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:You of all people should know better than this unnecessary hyping. :mad:

The Serie A is a defense oriented league so it may take him a bit to adapt.

danfo driver wrote:

Thats what they said when he went to Belgium and then France.

In 2 weeks, Juve will answer for Santino... Thereafter, the rest of the League will also answer for Papa. :D
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Abegi, where's the "overhyping"? :blink:

He scored a hat-trick in his first 8 mins of a preseason game and was reported (with video evidence to boot), even going as far as noting the much lower quality of opposition (than what he would normally face in Serie A). Why do you consider such a reporting/discussion of actual FACTS to constitute "overhyping"? Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).

Meanwhile, it might interest you know that Victor's old club Lille only managed 35 league goals this past season, while his new club Napoli recorded 61 goals (albeit in ten more games due to the Covid-enforced premature end to the French season). Similarly, Atalanta recorded 98 goals (again in more games) than PSG's 75 (and PSG is by far the highest scoring team in France, with the next highest-scoring club being Lyon with 42). Seems your PERCEPTION (rather than reality) of both leagues is a wee bit outdated.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).
Kai. People don't forget shiat here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Exactly. Their football is far more defensive. Less goals.
Chief, there aren't any recent stats to support that assertion.
Serie A fairly consistently scores above the beloved La Liga and often Ligue 1 in goals-per-game averages.

As at December 2019

As at October 2018

There are more stats here, though you'll have to navigate and compute for what you want.

Go back 6 or 7 years and you might have a point.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
Abegi, where's the "overhyping"? :blink:

He scored a hat-trick in his first 8 mins of a preseason game and was reported (with video evidence to boot), even going as far as noting the much lower quality of opposition (than what he would normally face in Serie A). Why do you consider such a reporting/discussion of actual FACTS to constitute "overhyping"? Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).

Meanwhile, it might interest you know that Victor's old club Lille only managed 35 league goals this past season, while his new club Napoli recorded 61 goals (albeit in ten more games due to the Covid-enforced premature end to the French season). Similarly, Atalanta recorded 98 goals (again in more games) than PSG's 75 (and PSG is by far the highest scoring team in France, with the next highest-scoring club being Lyon with 42). Seems your PERCEPTION (rather than reality) of both leagues is a wee bit outdated.
And with the risk of sounding like I am exaggerating, they'd have scored twice as much with the number of chances they created on a platter for their misfiring strikers. It was that bad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).
Kai. People don't forget shiat here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Saint Obodo di Perugia. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »