Kolinzo and other USMNT fans, I now understand

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kolinzo and other USMNT fans, I now understand

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: The US don't like to play away games. They are even against hosting the gold cup in other countries. It is like Nigeria demanding Afcon must always be held in Nigeria. The Americans home field advantage is scary, they rarely lose at home. And we for some reason don't take the friendlies seriously. I Remember the two friendlies we lost in the US. Both squads were made up of mostly fringe players.

Cobi Jones scored in that 3-2 win in the first one. Mostly fringe players for Nigeria. The 2nd one, Yobo was at the end of his SE career. He was no longer a starter at Afcon that we won in 2013. He was now a bench player. Yobo was beaten for pace in that game for one of the goals against Nigeria. Even Argentina lost in the US. Argentina also brought fringe players to play.
...I doubt you know what it takes to host a friendly match.
When you invite a visitor to your home, you are responsible for all his welfare and security.
US can afford that and more, plus they have huge corporate sponsors that would step in on a moments notice.
Now, do Nigeria have that?
How often do the SE host a friendly match in Nigeria? Unless you count London, UK as Nigeria :laugh:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote: The US don't like to play away games. They are even against hosting the gold cup in other countries. It is like Nigeria demanding Afcon must always be held in Nigeria. The Americans home field advantage is scary, they rarely lose at home. And we for some reason don't take the friendlies seriously. I Remember the two friendlies we lost in the US. Both squads were made up of mostly fringe players.

Cobi Jones scored in that 3-2 win in the first one. Mostly fringe players for Nigeria. The 2nd one, Yobo was at the end of his SE career. He was no longer a starter at Afcon that we won in 2013. He was now a bench player. Yobo was beaten for pace in that game for one of the goals against Nigeria. Even Argentina lost in the US. Argentina also brought fringe players to play.
When you invite a visitor to your home, you are responsible for all his welfare and security.
US can afford that and more, plus they have huge corporate sponsors that would step in on a moments notice.
How often do the SE host a friendly match in Nigeria? Unless you count London, UK as Nigeria :laugh:
Okay

What about hosting every gold cup in the US. Mexico or Canada cant afford to host it?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Okay

What about hosting every gold cup in the US. Mexico or Canada cant afford to host it?
...evidently they couldn't, no one is denying them the right or forcing the US to only host.
Again, hosting rights requires having generous sponsors, and security for the athletes, and attendants.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Okay

...evidently they couldn't, no one is denying them the right or forcing the US to only host.
Again, hosting rights requires having generous sponsors, and security for the athletes, and attendants.
Mexico hosted the `1986 world cup. Canada has hosted a women world cup. Mexico and Canada are part of the bid process to host the 2026 world cup. So are saying there is no generous sponsor or security to host the tiny Gold cup in Mexico or Canada?

When I say tiny, i mean't in terms of interest from global fans and revenue.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

They dont want to host the competition, again you have moved way past the original arguments made and are trying to change the discussion only to be defeated again and again.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Okay

Mexico hosted the `1986 world cup. Canada has hosted a women world cup. Mexico and Canada are part of the bid process to host the 2026 world cup. So are saying there is no generous sponsor or security to host the tiny Gold cup in Mexico or Canada?

...my friend you dragging. If Mexico or Canada want to host the US will never stand in their way. Both countries know it's more convenient (no hassle) and cost effective for them to go to US and play tournament.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
mcal wrote:

Okay

...my friend you dragging. If Mexico or Canada want to host the US will never stand in their way. Both countries know it's more convenient (no hassle) and cost effective for them to go to US and play tournament.
Mexico and Canada are not allowed to bid. US bullying their way and having their way in Concacaf. Always have to be about the Americans. No other country can host the tournament.
It is difficult to look at the United States’ record in Gold Cup competitions objectively because the tournament is ALWAYS held on American soil, for the most part. Only once has the USA had to play a game in the Gold Cup outside the country and that was in 1993 for the final. Simply put, the tournament does not meet the standard established by other confederations for continental championships. The fact that the United States and Mexico have dominated the tournament through the years owes itself partly to the superiority of those countries to others in the region in terms of footballing prowess but also to always having “home” games until the two nations face one another in the final.

SEE MORE — Get the Copa America TV schedule, bracket and team previews.

Without a regular bidding process to award the tournament to other nations, CONCACAF was able to guarantee marketing company Traffic Sports and its American forerunner Interforever Sports, as well as TV companies, access to the American market every two years. This ultimately made the tournament more lucrative, opened the door for potentially more corruption and made everyone beginning with Blazer a great deal of money.

If CONCACAF is truly serious about putting the stench of the likes of Blazer, Jeffery Webb, Jack Warner and Traffic Sports behind them, they will allow other nations the opportunity to stage the Gold Cup. Canada, which just hosted the FIFA Women’s World Cup, would be a logical choice as would Mexico who has hosted two FIFA World Cups and recently hosted the FIFA U-17 World Cup. Even if the tournament were rotated between the “NAFTA” countries, it would be a start, a sign of legitimacy.
https://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/07/09/ ... ng-rights/

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Comrade Machel wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Why do African teams struggle to beat the US then?
Very good question
Its actually quite simple. African teams struggle with disciplined organized football. The US football structure is such that they close down the space. Watch films on their opponents, zero in on their strengths, habits and try to take that away via crook or jambody... African team rarely change their tactics and are therefore very predictable in spite being the better skilled group.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

100%Naija wrote:
Comrade Machel wrote:
Very good question
Its actually quite simple. African teams struggle with disciplined organized football. The US football structure is such that they close down the space. Watch films on their opponents, zero in on their strengths, habits and try to take that away via crook or jambody... African team rarely change their tactics and are therefore very predictable in spite being the better skilled group.
Maybe in the 90's and 00's that might be true. But not any more. Go and watch the most recent completed Afcon. Africans teams have benefited from the Fifa goal project and increased local capacity. Teams like Madagascar are now playing with discipline and are not predictable. Yes the physical jambody is still there with teams like Cameroon. But overall the technical or tactical abilities of African teams have improved.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Which teams?
Ghana? Ghana routinely beat them until they spent a whole year planning for the Black Stars in Brazil.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Kabalega wrote:
Which teams?
Ghana? Ghana routinely beat them until they spent a whole year planning for the Black Stars in Brazil.
Three very close games, they also beat Algeria and Egypt in that same period.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Kabalega wrote:
Which teams?
And they beat Ghana too!
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

100%Naija wrote:
Comrade Machel wrote:
Very good question

BE CAREFUL ABOUT GENERAL STATEMENTS LIKE THIS

They may be African players, but they are mostly coached by Europeans. And if you take Nigeria, it is slowly becoming a European side. Unless you want to say these foreign coaches are adopting African style.
Bell