Kelechi Nwakali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Kelechi Nwakali

Post by Tobi17 »

I know he's the forgotten "gem" and nobody has been paying close attention to his form lately for newly promoted Huesca... but homeboy has been in some solid form in the preason fixtures so far. Today he put in a commanding display in his clubs emphatic win over Levante(he pivoted in a deep playmaking role and did well), and has earned some top ratings and praises from the fans on Twitter etc.

Indeed there's a lot to suggest he's back to his best and will have a good debut season in the La Liga, I might have to go the Ayo route here and suggest Nwakali needs a chance in the SE as a deep lying playmaker... I believe the boy still has so much to prove and offer.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why not just give credit to the source of the story instead of faking like you watched him play?

Name the source out loud.

OWNGOALNIGERIA.COM
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

BTW, how old is he now?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

And promptly bought a Benz to show off on IG hehe, not bad

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEwkixfjzlF ... ds2q0qegit
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:And promptly bought a Benz to show off on IG hehe, not bad

I have one of those too. That's not a big deal for a pro baller even at 2nd tier. What he needs is long term contract with Huesca.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys, dont forget that we are not supposed to "get carried away" and we must not be excited! We have to wait until the season starts to excite outselves. :oops: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Personally waiting until the season on this one. For three years now early flashes on usually new loan team and then, mid season fizzle. Maybe it is Ayo’s curse for overhyping but he has not really lit it up. Hope it finally takes off for him this year
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

I have one of those too
. That's not a big deal for a pro baller even at 2nd tier. What he needs is long term contract with Huesca.
:rotf:
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

You guys need to watch this video in Kelechi's Instagram. He is wearing number 3 jersey. This is from a friendly played 4 days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEpMxOUqTc ... 38gtpxqs8t
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

They are playing him too deep for my liking. I want to see him playmaking at the tip of the midfield trio.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

lacidi wrote:You guys need to watch this video in Kelechi's Instagram. He is wearing number 3 jersey. This is from a friendly played 4 days ago.
He looks very sharp in the video. It's obvious his fitness levels has improved as he's no longer strolling like he did in the U23 AFCON. I hope Kelechi and Kingsley Michael have great seasons and add depth to our midfield.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote:
lacidi wrote:You guys need to watch this video in Kelechi's Instagram. He is wearing number 3 jersey. This is from a friendly played 4 days ago.
He looks very sharp in the video. It's obvious his fitness levels has improved as he's no longer strolling like he did in the U23 AFCON. I hope Kelechi and Kingsley Michael have great seasons and add depth to our midfield.
You seem to rate this Kingsley Michael lad, is he really that good?
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Dammy wrote:
Dele-Bashiru was also outstanding for his club yesterday, he forced a penalty as Watford defeated Jose Mourinho's Tottenham (2-1).
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

I don't know why European coaches would never play Africans in that #10 role, they try to convert them to some sort of defensive creator, sometimes a winger/ inside winger etc.. This could be due to they don't score enough goals or don't consider them intelligent enough.
Happened to Jay-Jay, he left for Turkey to play as #10, Mikel was converted as a defensive creator for Chelsea, now Nwakali is now enroute to conversion at a defensive creator.. That's the fate of our Super Eagles players.
Iwobi who plays #10 for SE is a winger at club level.. Perhaps this why Ayo Akinfe keeps making the argument for Eberechi Eze because he played #10 at QPR. I doubt if he would play as a #10 at Crystal Palace. Palace plays strong block defense, always crowding the Centre with Disciplined DMF/CMF and counter attack through the wings mostly.
If Kelechi must or wishes to play in the #10 role at club level, he might need to go play elsewhere or a lower league level. Considering how unstable his club career has being, it is in his best interest to adapt to what ever role he is offered at Huesca..
afc##
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

What exactly is the " number 10" position? KDB mostly played from the right side of the Midfield at Mancity and created the most assists. Even jay jay played from the right side of the Midfield at Bolton and was there main creative force, in one season,he even ended up outscoring the main strikers at Bolton!...Hazard also played from the right or left side at Chelsea. Messi is an exceptional case, but still he has operated from the wing or false "9" position.So the number "10" position does not really exist as it used to. Also players like Pirlo operated from a deep Midfield position and provided creativity from there. It all depends on how a player interpretes the assigned role.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

chuks69 wrote:I don't know why European coaches would never play Africans in that #10 role, they try to convert them to some sort of defensive creator, sometimes a winger/ inside winger etc.. This could be due to they don't score enough goals or don't consider them intelligent enough.
Happened to Jay-Jay, he left for Turkey to play as #10, Mikel was converted as a defensive creator for Chelsea, now Nwakali is now enroute to conversion at a defensive creator.. That's the fate of our Super Eagles players.
Iwobi who plays #10 for SE is a winger at club level.. Perhaps this why Ayo Akinfe keeps making the argument for Eberechi Eze because he played #10 at QPR. I doubt if he would play as a #10 at Crystal Palace. Palace plays strong block defense, always crowding the Centre with Disciplined DMF/CMF and counter attack through the wings mostly.
If Kelechi must or wishes to play in the #10 role at club level, he might need to go play elsewhere or a lower league level. Considering how unstable his club career has being, it is in his best interest to adapt to what ever role he is offered at Huesca..
how many teams play with a no 10?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chuks69 wrote:I don't know why European coaches would never play Africans in that #10 role, they try to convert them to some sort of defensive creator, sometimes a winger/ inside winger etc.. This could be due to they don't score enough goals or don't consider them intelligent enough.
no top team in world football plays with a number 10... Football has moved forward
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Dammy wrote:
loose first touch on anything that wasn't an easy pass. He then needs 2 to 3 touhes for control. Otherwise, good ball retention and athleticism for the position
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And you promptly went to Instagram to see how a twenty something years old spen his money?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

I have one of those too. That's not a big deal for a pro baller even at 2nd tier. What he needs is long term contract with Huesca.
Yeah, with no gaddem job???? Gerrarahia
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:They are playing him too deep for my liking. I want to see him playmaking at the tip of the midfield trio.

They are using him properly if he's playing as a deep lying playmaker. Kelechi's best position is not what you are suggesting. He's a CM.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:

And you promptly went to Instagram to see how a twenty something years old spen his money?
Grand uncle abeg stop showing your age o :oops: its like you don’t know IG is how we young people keep up with one another. :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
no top team in world football plays with a number 10... Football has moved forward
Arsenal play Ozil as a number 10. or are you suggesting Arsenal is not a top team? Ozil is back in their starting line-up now.

Also, Man City played David Silva as a number 10. Likewise, Bruno Fernandes plays as a playmaker for Man United.

However, the best of them is Pablo Hernandez at Leeds. Marcelo Bielsa has managed to get the best out of him.