Saka for Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Saka for Nigeria

Post by highbury »

Who started this garbage that Saka is playing for Nigeria or is contemplating the idea? Any player who wants to play for SE shouldn't be difficult and should be fairly straight forward to court. Saka played for England today. Please let's bury the idea of Saka playing for SE. He is good but we have better. Playing for Arsenal isn't a big deal like before.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Saka for Nigeria

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote:Who started this garbage that Saka is playing for Nigeria or is contemplating the idea? Any player who wants to play for SE shouldn't be difficult and should be fairly straight forward to court. Saka played for England today. Please let's bury the idea of Saka playing for SE. He is good but we have better. Playing for Arsenal isn't a big deal like before.
Okay.

Next thread....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I fully agree with you that "any player who wants to play for SE shouldn't be difficult and should be fairly straight forward to court."

At the same time, Saka has yet to play for England. I am sure you saw a junior match, which doesn't count.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You should maybe ask yourself why Saka is playing for U21 as opposed to 3 Lions, especially after 2 LBs were injured.

If you believe the excuse Southgate gave, then I have waterfront property in Zimbabwe to sell you.

He is playing U21 because he doesn't want to be cap tied. He will in the future decide who he will play for.

The fact he turned southgate and 3 lions down at this point means he is undecided.

While at the same time playing U21 so not to completely insult the country of his birth.

He may still end up choosing England , but for now he is contemplating.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

But aren't they going to change the rule to allow Saka to switch even if he plays one or two games for the senior team?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Even with Saka playing for England today some still think he will jump ship to Nigeria. He go do u like film trick how fast Saka and Eze will jump at any chance to play for England. Their interest is with England not Nigeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Even with Saka playing for England today some still think he will jump ship to Nigeria. He go do u like film trick how fast Saka and Eze will jump at any chance to play for England. Their interest is with England not Nigeria.
Agreed they’re just waiting for the chance to sit on the bench!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Even with Saka playing for England today some still think he will jump ship to Nigeria. He go do u like film trick how fast Saka and Eze will jump at any chance to play for England. Their interest is with England not Nigeria.

When Eze eventually plays for Nigeria please do us all a favor and Kill yourself. Cow Dung.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:

When Eze eventually plays for Nigeria please do us all a favor and Kill yourself. Cow Dung.

The window for these guys switching is closing IMO.

Look how long it is taking for players like Ejaria and Lookman to be approved. Remember the likes of Aina and others.

If any of these guys want to go to Qatar with Nigeria, they need to apply for a switch pretty soon. And we know all the shenanigans England will pull IF they decide to apply for switch.

Its one thing when guys like Ejaria or Lookman switch, but with Eze and especially Saka, I dont know if they will be able to hold out from all the pressure. That's of course if they do eventually want to switch.

I suspect England will go all out to cap Saka.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Saka actually could have a meaningful career with 3 Lions.

Eze absolutely no chance.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
The window for these guys switching is closing IMO.

Look how long it is taking for players like Ejaria and Lookman to be approved. Remember the likes of Aina and others.

If any of these guys want to go to Qatar with Nigeria, they need to apply for a switch pretty soon. And we know all the shenanigans England will pull IF they decide to apply for switch.

Its one thing when guys like Ejaria or Lookman switch, but with Eze and especially Saka, I dont know if they will be able to hold out from all the pressure. That's of course if they do eventually want to switch.

I suspect England will go all out to cap Saka.

All out for who? He"s alredy in their camp, he wore an England jersey in a game just this weekend. Unless you believe England is stupid enough to they'll let him walk.

The biggest issue for him now is to get a regular starting slot with his club. A lot harder said than done.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Vancity the most difficult part in this process is getting the players to pledge their allegnce to Nigeria. Once they do that and stop playing games like they are doing now, then its all about waiting for FIFA to approve. It shouldn't take up to a year to approve assuming the NFF and the Nigerian embassy does their jobs promptly and efficiently( good luck with that). If Eze and Saka decide say by the end of the year they want to switch to Nigeria and file their papers, by sept/Oct 2021, they should be cleared to rep Nigeria. Which would be well before the AFCON and World Cup of 2022.

As for the English FA, there is nothing they can do assuming he aforementioned players make up their minds about playing for Nigeria.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I am sure Rohr will not make this mistake given that he is a very conservative coach, but given all these new available players.

Ejaria, Eziubuhue, Dessers, Lookman, Ejuke, Zaidu, Adarabioyo, Torunariga ? Udokhai ? Sadiq, Onomah, Nwakali

I would suggest to not bring in too many new players at once to disrupt the flow of the team. The team is in a very good place since the last ANC and I would suggest bringing these players in slowly to add to the core.

As far as I am concerned these are our current core players which should form our starting lineups

Osimehn, Chukwueze, Iwobi, Ndidi, Aribo, Aina, Troost, Ajayi

Let us blend in the new players as needed.

I see Ejaria being an impact midfield sub immedietly

Zaidu and Ezibuhue may also be pushing for starting positions.

Ejuke should be an impact sub.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:I am sure Rohr will not make this mistake given that he is a very conservative coach, but given all these new available players.

Ejaria, Eziubuhue, Dessers, Lookman, Ejuke, Zaidu, Adarabioyo, Torunariga ? Udokhai ? Sadiq, Onomah, Nwakali

I would suggest to not bring in too many new players at once to disrupt the flow of the team. The team is in a very good place since the last ANC and I would suggest bringing these players in slowly to add to the core.

As far as I am concerned these are our current core players which should form our starting lineups

Osimehn, Chukwueze, Iwobi, Ndidi, Aribo, Aina, Troost, Ajayi

Let us blend in the new players as needed.

I see Ejaria being an impact midfield sub immedietly

Zaidu and Ezibuhue may also be pushing for starting positions.

Ejuke should be an impact sub.

Did Onomah pledge to Nigeria?

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Here is Saka repping the queen and defending the empire to the fullest of his ability. The queen must be proud of her young team. :thumb:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3bDRfpXkJc4[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Here is Saka repping the queen and defending the empire to the fullest of his ability. The queen must be proud of her young team. :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bret- hart wrote:

I know you’re a passionate fan like most of us but did Eze tell you he is going to play for Nigeria?
If you are willing to tell someone to “kill” them selves over someone else’s career what will you do if that player doesn’t do what you expect them to do?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

vancity eagle wrote:You should maybe ask yourself why Saka is playing for U21 as opposed to 3 Lions, especially after 2 LBs were injured.

If you believe the excuse Southgate gave, then I have waterfront property in Zimbabwe to sell you.

He is playing U21 because he doesn't want to be cap tied. He will in the future decide who he will play for.

The fact he turned southgate and 3 lions down at this point means he is undecided.

While at the same time playing U21 so not to completely insult the country of his birth.

i find this hard to believe.

Any player who does this will be villified by the press especially if they end up playing for someone else
YNWA
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Here is Saka repping the queen and defending the empire to the fullest of his ability. The queen must be proud of her young team. :thumb:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Them spell KOSOVO! kai!! :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:You should maybe ask yourself why Saka is playing for U21 as opposed to 3 Lions, especially after 2 LBs were injured.

Mark me down as interested. Hit me via PM... :lol: :lol:

Dude, these kids (Saka, Eze, etc.) were born, raised and football-educated (even indoctrinated and 'brainwashed') in ENGLAND. They are ENGLISH (which of course does not preclude their being NIGERIAN as well), and it should come as no surprise to any rational person that they would want (in fact, may prefer) to play for England - even if it means waiting a bit longer to see if the opportunity would manifest. It makes rational sense on a personal, professional and economic basis.

It is succinct commentary on the SOFT power of parentage, culture and Nigeria itself (warts and all) that these kids retain cultural and personal (and potentially professional) identification with Nigeria, but whatever they decide the BEST OF LUCK to them. Personally, I still regard anyone qualified to hold a Nigerian passport as Nigerian, regardless of whatever national team shirt they choose to dorn (eg, Antetokounmpo for Greece, the Ogwumike sisters for US, the Onuorahs for Team UK, etc.).
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

heavyd wrote:

i find this hard to believe.

Any player who does this will be villified by the press especially if they end up playing for someone else
Heavyd,

Vancity must be a guy that can be easily deceived. What a total rubbish story. I saw that crap in Owngoal and could only shake my head. No way on earth will anyone of these boys, offered the chance to play for England, will reject it. It is just a ridiculous story to start with.

Wow, he rejects the real deal only to accept U23.

If indeed he wants to wait for SE (if you can believe that), why then accept England U23? What exactly does he get from playing for the U23?

What makes sense is that he has been possibly promised a look-in in the English full squad if he does well at the U23. But even that is suspect. But that he told England that he wants to hedge his bet? Ridiculous.

So if SE calls him tomorrow, will he take it? If that is the case, what is Rohr waiting for? Kai, to be a sucker for such a story is just unbelievable.

So, let me guess ... if in the next round of friendlies England ACTUALLY calls him up. He arrives camp. I can guess the story will become, Rohr was a tad slow moving. Then Saka decided not to wait any longer and gave England the green light ( :rotf: :rotf: ). I can see the story already. Thanks, but no thanks. What rubbish propaganda.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Just be happy for the guy whatever his choice... Nigeria will not be worse for wear.. The way we are going, we are probably going to roll out the most exciting team in the next WC. with or without Saka...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr Shows wrote:Just be happy for the guy whatever his choice... Nigeria will not be worse for wear.. The way we are going, we are probably going to roll out the most exciting team in the next WC. with or without Saka...
I ain't. Shoooot.... Saka would have absolutely no care in the world if he scored or assisted on a goal that knocked us outta the WC.We wait 4 years to get to the WC. I don't care if his family is from Ibadan and they live in Bodija. Screw him. I gives no damns about him unless he's a SE. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!