Kelechi Nwakali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Nwakali

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
lacidi wrote:You guys need to watch this video in Kelechi's Instagram. He is wearing number 3 jersey. This is from a friendly played 4 days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEpMxOUqTc ... 38gtpxqs8t
He looks very sharp in the video. It's obvious his fitness levels has improved as he's no longer strolling like he did in the U23 AFCON. I hope Kelechi and Kingsley Michael have great seasons and add depth to our midfield.
You seem to rate this Kingsley Michael lad, is he really that good?
He's very good, moves the ball quickly and has an eye for the decisive pass. I believe he would compliment his U17 teammates, Chukwueze and Osimhen.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Just say it and get it over with. NWAKALI is now a DM.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't get excited over pre-season games. I hope he starts and performs well for Huesca.

I have no problem with Nwakali being a CM/DM. I think he will do better in that role than as an AM.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Fully concur with your comments.
One trait he has always had is being a very smart ball distributor - which is a prized asset with great DMs (thinking of Yaya Toure and Patrick Viera).
Besides, it's high time Ndidi had some competition in that space!
Wishing him the very best in the La Liga season.
olu wrote:I don't get excited over pre-season games. I hope he starts and performs well for Huesca.

I have no problem with Nwakali being a CM/DM. I think he will do better in that role than as an AM.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is a box to box CM not a traditional DM. His problem is he is tentative, not aggressive enough. For a young player, he is an excellent defender. That is why coaches want to play him in the DM role. But he is also a very good ball distributor for a young player. Coaches will also give him a look in a 3 man midfield as a deep lying midfield play maker.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal made a mistake to let him go. In 2 or 3 years from now if he continues on his current trajectory. He is going to worth a lot of money in the transfer market.

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal made a mistake to let him go. In 2 or 3 years from now if he continues on his current trajectory. He is going to worth a lot of money in the transfer market.

Chai this Ohen !!! Did his own ( our country play him with enough chance to give him an auto work permit ? ) but yet you blame Arsenal for selling him ? Someone who likely would never have gotten a work permit in 4 - 5 years of arsenal owning him ? ok o i hope you dont do business like this o ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal made a mistake to let him go. In 2 or 3 years from now if he continues on his current trajectory. He is going to worth a lot of money in the transfer market.

Chai this Ohen !!! Did his own ( our country play him with enough chance to give him an auto work permit ? ) but yet you blame Arsenal for selling him ? Someone who likely would never have gotten a work permit in 4 - 5 years of arsenal owning him ? ok o i hope you dont do business like this o ?
They could have extended his contract and then loan him out. Arsenal also lost that Algeria guy that is now with Milan. They even refused to trigger the buy back clause for him. Guendouzi is the player they chose to keep.

okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

That position was made very popular in Italy, "The regista", not a traditional Defensive Midfielder. Think of Andrea Pirlo, Jorginho and Yaya Toure for Barca. Pirlo was the one that gave true understanding to the role, and the devastation it could be. I feel so happy, if we get Ndidi beside him, we need a grinder like Aribo in that 10 we are good. In my view an excellent development, and he will thrive this season.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

They could have extended his contract and then loan him out. Arsenal also lost that Algeria guy that is now with Milan. They even refused to trigger the buy back clause for him. Guendouzi is the player they chose to keep.
For how long though? Till now he still hasn’t gotten a proper SE cap and it’s not like top teams were coming in trying to loan him. He failed on loan in Netherlands and his stock was rapidly dropping. This was probably the best move for both parties, allows him a chance to rebuild his career.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

For how long though? Till now he still hasn’t gotten a proper SE cap and it’s not like top teams were coming in trying to loan him. He failed on loan in Netherlands and his stock was rapidly dropping. This was probably the best move for both parties, allows him a chance to rebuild his career.
Exactly.
It’s a tough world out there and all things considered, he has done well to stay in the mix.
Not the same for everyone.
I was saddened to read recently that his older brother Chidiebere from Nacho’s U17 set is now clubless.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Exactly.
It’s a tough world out there and all things considered, he has done well to stay in the mix.
Not the same for everyone.
I was saddened to read recently that his older brother Chidiebere from Nacho’s U17 set is now clubless.
I always thought for some reason that his older brother was more talented than him, he really balled in that friendly against Athletico Madrid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

yall keep singing about some friendly vs ATM that happened years ago... Now list one of those players playing for a top team in Europe...smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:yall keep singing about some friendly vs ATM that happened years ago... Now list one of those players playing for a top team in Europe...smh
It baffles my mind how delusional folks can be on this site
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

:rotf: they take friendly matches too seriously. Remember Nigeria Argentina friendly that ended 4:2 , people were claiming we are world class now! For world cup wen den see Messi dem, tori change! We begin to shout "we are only here to learn oh! :rotf: "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote::rotf: they take friendly matches too seriously. Remember Nigeria Argentina friendly that ended 4:2 , people were claiming we are world class now! For world cup wen den see Messi dem, tori change! We begin to shout "we are only here to learn oh! :rotf: "
Maybe you are the ones taking football fans too seriously? :D
Football is about having fun, enjoying the moment and escapism.

God forbid the day Nigeria beats Argentina in a friendly and una go begin lecture us about how "stupid" we all are to "celebrate" and how Nigerians like to "deceive ourselves" by dreaming that we could beat Germany, Brazil and Spain to one day soon win the World Cup.

Guy, football aint that serious.
Boys (and girls) just wanna have fun. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Exactly that's the point! Football is just a game but every one wants to win it. So no need going to the the world's biggest Football Fiesta to learn about football.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Just say it and get it over with. NWAKALI is now a DM.
Seems like so, apparently they played him at CM in other pre season games but the game just passed him by. It was the game against Real Sociedad, where he was played as DM that changed the club's mind. He seems to have found his niche in the senior game in that position.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

It is not unusual for players to play different roles for club and country. If we cannot get Ebere Eze, then maybe Rohr can use Nwakali as his playmaker even if Huesca are using him as an anchorman.