Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ola Aina, Fulham Rumor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 am
Posts: 1334
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... er-on-loan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 10159
Please always include some of the text from the article you're posting a link to. Link only posts are against the rules here.

=====================================
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... er-on-loan
Quote:
Ola Aina: Fulham set to sign ex-Chelsea youngster on loan

23-year-old, who has won 17 international caps for Nigeria, will return to Premier League

Fulham are close to completing a deal to sign Torino's Nigeria international defender Ola Aina.

The ex-Chelsea youngster is set to join the Cottagers on an initial season-long loan, with the deal expected to be completed by the middle of the week.

Premier League ins and outs
Southgate: Sterling has taken his game to another level
Parker signs new Fulham deal until 2023
Fulham will have the option to make Aina's loan a permanent transfer for a figure in the region of £11m.

Former England youth international Aina is a graduate of Chelsea's academy and spent over a decade at the club.

He spent the 2017-18 campaign away on loan at Hull before making a season-long loan move to Torino the following year.

The Serie A side took up the option to make Aina's move from Chelsea permanent in June 2019. The 23-year-old made 37 appearances for Torino last season.

_________________
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2522
Location: Malta
Aina is leaving Torino 99%.

In fact, today he was not included in the 31-man Torino list for a mini pre-season camp. It seems the deal with Fulham is almost complete. The new Torino coach, I think, did not want him in the squad but I do not know the real reason behind the sudden change of Aina’s fortune at Torino. It is quite curious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10235
Paveman wrote:
Aina is leaving Torino 99%.

In fact, today he was not included in the 31-man Torino list for a mini pre-season camp. It seems the deal with Fulham is almost complete. The new Torino coach, I think, did not want him in the squad but I do not know the real reason behind the sudden change of Aina’s fortune at Torino. It is quite curious.

Thanks, any updates on Kingsley Michael? Will he stay in Bologna?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2522
Location: Malta
Dammy,

In bologna’s last friendly (vs feralpisalo , 2-0 for bologna), kingsley was introduced in the half-time and played all the 2nd half. This was a pre-season friendly with 8 or so changes at half time, so take that at face value,

Last I heard he has some interest from Serie B teams. Bologna wish to loan him out again, but he might yet remain as it depends on whether they acquire new players. This transfer market is weird! I still think that another year in Serie B might do him well. He needs to step up a gear to be among the big boys.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10235
Paveman wrote:
Dammy,

In bologna’s last friendly (vs feralpisalo , 2-0 for bologna), kingsley was introduced in the half-time and played all the 2nd half. This was a pre-season friendly with 8 or so changes at half time, so take that at face value,

Last I heard he has some interest from Serie B teams. Bologna wish to loan him out again, but he might yet remain as it depends on whether they acquire new players. This transfer market is weird! I still think that another year in Serie B might do him well. He needs to step up a gear to be among the big boys.

Thanks, but he's been their best player in the 2 previous pre seasons. When are they going to give him a chance?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 26185
confirmed. its last story here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Q6kG5BQns&t=33s

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4786
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Promising move but he isn't a shoe-in to start at LB at Fulham. Their current LB, Joe Bryan, is one of their most important players after Mitrovic. He also takes their set-pieces. I assumed that Aina would be an option at RB where Fulham have rotated betwen Cyrus Christie and Dennis Odoi but it looks like they are about to sign Kenny Tete from Lyon

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2522
Location: Malta
Dammy wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Dammy,

In bologna’s last friendly (vs feralpisalo , 2-0 for bologna), kingsley was introduced in the half-time and played all the 2nd half. This was a pre-season friendly with 8 or so changes at half time, so take that at face value,

Last I heard he has some interest from Serie B teams. Bologna wish to loan him out again, but he might yet remain as it depends on whether they acquire new players. This transfer market is weird! I still think that another year in Serie B might do him well. He needs to step up a gear to be among the big boys.

Thanks, but he's been their best player in the 2 previous pre seasons. When are they going to give him a chance?


True, but he hasn’t set the world alight in Serie B either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2522
Location: Malta
This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Aina has moved to Fulham on loan for a year. Fulham have an option to buy too. No financial details were revealed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49349
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Paveman wrote:
This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Aina has moved to Fulham on loan for a year. Fulham have an option to buy too. No financial details were revealed.


Did he start today's game against Arsenal?

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3541
Cellular wrote:
Paveman wrote:
This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Aina has moved to Fulham on loan for a year. Fulham have an option to buy too. No financial details were revealed.


Did he start today's game against Arsenal?

No


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2522
Location: Malta
Transfer was probably not even cleared by then. In fact he wasn’t even on the bench.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group