Ola Aina, Fulham Rumor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kawawa
Egg
Egg
Ola Aina, Fulham Rumor

Post by kawawa »

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ola Aina, Fulham Rumor

Post by Orion »

Please always include some of the text from the article you're posting a link to. Link only posts are against the rules here.

=====================================
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... er-on-loan
Ola Aina: Fulham set to sign ex-Chelsea youngster on loan

23-year-old, who has won 17 international caps for Nigeria, will return to Premier League

Fulham are close to completing a deal to sign Torino's Nigeria international defender Ola Aina.

The ex-Chelsea youngster is set to join the Cottagers on an initial season-long loan, with the deal expected to be completed by the middle of the week.

Premier League ins and outs
Southgate: Sterling has taken his game to another level
Parker signs new Fulham deal until 2023
Fulham will have the option to make Aina's loan a permanent transfer for a figure in the region of £11m.

Former England youth international Aina is a graduate of Chelsea's academy and spent over a decade at the club.

He spent the 2017-18 campaign away on loan at Hull before making a season-long loan move to Torino the following year.

The Serie A side took up the option to make Aina's move from Chelsea permanent in June 2019. The 23-year-old made 37 appearances for Torino last season.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Aina is leaving Torino 99%.

In fact, today he was not included in the 31-man Torino list for a mini pre-season camp. It seems the deal with Fulham is almost complete. The new Torino coach, I think, did not want him in the squad but I do not know the real reason behind the sudden change of Aina’s fortune at Torino. It is quite curious.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:Aina is leaving Torino 99%.

In fact, today he was not included in the 31-man Torino list for a mini pre-season camp. It seems the deal with Fulham is almost complete. The new Torino coach, I think, did not want him in the squad but I do not know the real reason behind the sudden change of Aina’s fortune at Torino. It is quite curious.
Thanks, any updates on Kingsley Michael? Will he stay in Bologna?
I am happy
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy,

In bologna’s last friendly (vs feralpisalo , 2-0 for bologna), kingsley was introduced in the half-time and played all the 2nd half. This was a pre-season friendly with 8 or so changes at half time, so take that at face value,

Last I heard he has some interest from Serie B teams. Bologna wish to loan him out again, but he might yet remain as it depends on whether they acquire new players. This transfer market is weird! I still think that another year in Serie B might do him well. He needs to step up a gear to be among the big boys.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Paveman wrote:Dammy,

In bologna’s last friendly (vs feralpisalo , 2-0 for bologna), kingsley was introduced in the half-time and played all the 2nd half. This was a pre-season friendly with 8 or so changes at half time, so take that at face value,

Last I heard he has some interest from Serie B teams. Bologna wish to loan him out again, but he might yet remain as it depends on whether they acquire new players. This transfer market is weird! I still think that another year in Serie B might do him well. He needs to step up a gear to be among the big boys.
Thanks, but he's been their best player in the 2 previous pre seasons. When are they going to give him a chance?
I am happy
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Promising move but he isn't a shoe-in to start at LB at Fulham. Their current LB, Joe Bryan, is one of their most important players after Mitrovic. He also takes their set-pieces. I assumed that Aina would be an option at RB where Fulham have rotated betwen Cyrus Christie and Dennis Odoi but it looks like they are about to sign Kenny Tete from Lyon
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Dammy wrote:
Paveman wrote:Dammy,

Thanks, but he's been their best player in the 2 previous pre seasons. When are they going to give him a chance?
True, but he hasn’t set the world alight in Serie B either.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Aina has moved to Fulham on loan for a year. Fulham have an option to buy too. No financial details were revealed.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Paveman wrote:This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Aina has moved to Fulham on loan for a year. Fulham have an option to buy too. No financial details were revealed.
Did he start today's game against Arsenal?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Cellular wrote:
Paveman wrote:This is now official. Announced on the official website.

Did he start today's game against Arsenal?
No
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Transfer was probably not even cleared by then. In fact he wasn’t even on the bench.