2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Cristao,

Have you gotten to the part of the Amazon Documentary, when you guys played Wolves? What did your coach say about Doherty? :taunt:
I am not watching it yet. Too much occurring in my personal life. I will look into it perhaps in Q4 this year.
Oh boy, I hope all is well? and the "too much occurring" is God's blessings upon blessings. Take am easy!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Have you gotten to the part of the Amazon Documentary, when you guys played Wolves? What did your coach say about Doherty? :taunt:
I am not watching it yet. Too much occurring in my personal life. I will look into it perhaps in Q4 this year.
Oh boy, I hope all is well? and the "too much occurring" is God's blessings upon blessings. Take am easy!
All will be well. I have watched a few clips of the videos. The ones I have seen so far look very promising and interesting.

Also what I have seen so far has further convinced me that if Spurs don't succeed with Jose i.e. win a trophy etc. It will not be the manager - it will be the players.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cristao II wrote:

Hang in there my brother. Stay safe.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Finally watching the Amazon documentary. Dammnnn! I didnt know Daniel Levy is an O vbi akpo! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Habib Diallo - latest rumour. Ally Gold mentions it and he is one of the more accurate ITKs. Lets see what happens.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Just finally got time to watch all 6 episodes. This is gold and it is like drawing the curtains back to see what goes on behind the scene.

The first thing that jumped at me is Ndombele not getting featured in any of the episodes. Goes to show what a letdown he has been. It is good seeing Japhet Tanganga getting massively covered for his debut against Liverpool and named MoM next game. Danny Rose is a hot head that was never going to a part of JoMo's plans. Too outspoken and too flashy to be a defender. I love him to bits but sadly not the sort of player Jose needs to build a winning a team.

Interesting that Jose called the team Too Nice. He said of all the teams that he faced only Tottenham never cursed him out :lol:. Under him 5 players have come in and of those 5 only Gedson Fernandes doesn't fit the profile of the sort of player he likes. Hopefully we will sign a striker and another midfielder before the transfer window slams shut.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v EVE [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, scouting report needed. Sergio Reguilon is expected to join Spurs. Is he any good?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:dd, scouting report needed. Sergio Reguilon is expected to join Spurs. Is he any good?
Very good player. His best quality is his stability and consistency. I particularly wanted to watch him vs. United. If you go back to that thread, I wrote that Sevilla dominated United that day. Sergio was one of the top players on the pitch. He was also very good vs. Inter Milan in the final.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

So, this Amazon documentary. One of the reasons I watch all of them is because it gives you an insight to see how things were planned.

Do you guys remember this red card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7I0OUJafM[/video]

I remember when Harry Winks dived (Yup! he dived), I insulted him and wondered why he didnt try to push on, as City was left bare at the back and had an opportunity to score.

After watching the Amazon doc, I now know why he dived. During half-time, Mourinho told the players that he wanted them to be "c*nts!" He said that "I can guarantee you that City knows Toby has a yellow card! I can guarantee it" and they will come after him! "They have 3 yellow cards! Walker" then he mentioned another name I cant remember now and then said "Zinchenko! They have yellow cards!! I want you to be c*nts!" encouraging the to get those fookers sent off!

About 15 minutes into the second half, Winks took Zinchenko out of the game! And they went on to win the game 2-0.

p.s-- watch Wink's reaction after Zinchenko was shown the red! It was clear that it was "mission accomplished!" :clap: :clap:

This documentary has shown how mentally weak and the level of loser mentality many of the Spurs players had. Mourinho's purchases this summer shows that he is bringing in c*nts. Guys like Doherty, Hojlberg and Hart who are born winners at heart! He has a long way to go to change the mentality of the team. Long way to show the players how to win, the little things you do to get an advantage...

As Cristao said, if he is able to change the mentality of the team and the club, they have a chance.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Completely agree. He called them Mr. Nice Guys. Too nice to a fault. Even told them that of all the teams he faced only Spur players never insulted him in the dugout tunnel :oops:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: dd, scouting report needed. Sergio Reguilon is expected to join Spurs. Is he any good?
Very good player. His best quality is his stability and consistency. I particularly wanted to watch him vs. United. If you go back to that thread, I wrote that Sevilla dominated United that day. Sergio was one of the top players on the pitch. He was also very good vs. Inter Milan in the final.
Thanks. Does Arkadiusz Milik fit JoMo's player profile?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: dd, scouting report needed. Sergio Reguilon is expected to join Spurs. Is he any good?
I dont like his style and I am not sure he is clinical.

Also, I do not think Mourinho has a striker player profile like most people think -

Benny McCarthy
Carlos Alberto
Drogba
Gudjohnsen
Milito
Eto'o
Pandev
Higuain
Benzema
Morata
Costa
Rashford
Ibra
Lukaku
Kane

Are strikers he has coached and liked. And all are quite different from one another, actually.

I left out the likes of Martial, Cruz, Adriano, Crespo, shevchenko, Balotelli etc etc... all of whom he coached, and several of whom are very different profile. I left them out because people could argue he didnt buy some and didnt like using them.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga Danfo so what is your prediction come day one and i hope beloved curse after two trophy is gone and Spurs maintain their curse from you.
Thanks for making Arteta a winner by moving the curse.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
Carlos Vinicius
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The best thing that may happen long term is for Spurs to win this match with something that makes the club realise we need two quality center forwards. It is criminal that a club that once had a philosophy of at least 2 strikers only has Kane.

I consider Son a winger who can fill in short term at CF. Jack Clarke ain't ready and Lucas is not a striker.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: Whether Doherty becomes sh1t for Spurs would be a Spurs problem. THE FACT is that last season he was the second best RB/RWB in the league.
I can't comment on Doherty because I have not watched closely enough. From what I read about him though he seems like an upgrade as it is claimed he is a better on the defensive duties and can create opportunities upfront.

First league game is in 2 weeks and it will be interesting to see if Aurier will still be around then and if he keeps his place.
:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:dd, there is nothing funny about it. Just because a new face walks through the door doesn't guarantee a start. Knowing JoMo, he is more about what you bring to the team rather than what you have. Aurier is known factor and JoMo is comfortable with him therefore Matt has to show in training he deserves to start over him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Its very funny. You really should try comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same way I guaranteed you that your crap favorite players will be sold, I am guaranteeing you now-- Doherty will be your starting right back. Absolutely nothing you, Aurier or his agent can do about that. The decision has been made.
Bobo IAG, good morning. Who is your starting right back?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier chop bench today, as dd predicted it would happen. LoCelso not in the squad. Sissoko benched for Hojberbj.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Aurier chop bench today, as dd predicted it would happen. LoCelso not in the squad. Sissoko benched for Hojberbj.
Remember I said you will have 3 changes to your starting line up this season? 2 today, the last one should happen in October. :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a letoff for Spurs. Toby has just suddenly become slow.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

So close for Kane off an excellent Son cross from the left side.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojberbj getting beat in the middle easily.