KELECHI NEEDS TO PUSH FOR A LOAN MOVE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
KELECHI NEEDS TO PUSH FOR A LOAN MOVE

Post by deanotito »

He is too young to waste yet another season as a sometimes sub. He’s done well in the role and last season was a rebirth of sorts. Now, he needs to play. If England isn’t working out, then Spain, Germany, France, maybe?? He needs a decent squad where he can play. Doesn’t have to be a top contender. He just needs the minutes. Wasting your life as Vardy’s spare tire is the job of a 32 year old, long in the tooth striker, looking for where to retire in peace (Giroud comes to mind).

At 24, this is an utter waste of Kelechi’s prime playing years. He needs to kick, scratch and scream for a loan move.

He has enough time to score at least 20 goals a season if he has decent playing time. So what sense does it make languishing on the bench?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: KELECHI NEEDS TO PUSH FOR A LOAN MOVE

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:He is too young to waste yet another season as a sometimes sub. He’s done well in the role and last season was a rebirth of sorts. Now, he needs to play. If England isn’t working out, then Spain, Germany, France, maybe?? He needs a decent squad where he can play. Doesn’t have to be a top contender. He just needs the minutes. Wasting your life as Vardy’s spare tire is the job of a 32 year old, long in the tooth striker, looking for where to retire in peace (Giroud comes to mind).

At 24, this is an utter waste of Kelechi’s prime playing years. He needs to kick, scratch and scream for a loan move.

He has enough time to score at least 20 goals a season if he has decent playing time. So what sense does it make languishing on the bench?

Nigerians (myself included) by nature are not agrressive as far as their careers are concerned. Many of us think of what we want rather than what we are worth. Most of us are not concerned about getting what we are worth as long as we are satisfied with what we are getting, no matter how little it may be. We need to start demading our market value, and damn the outcome. Kelechi needs to start demanding for more. Leicester will not trade him as long as he is more valuable to them sitting on the bench.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

deanotito wrote:He is too young to waste yet another season as a sometimes sub. He’s done well in the role and last season was a rebirth of sorts. Now, he needs to play. If England isn’t working out, then Spain, Germany, France, maybe?? He needs a decent squad where he can play. Doesn’t have to be a top contender. He just needs the minutes. Wasting your life as Vardy’s spare tire is the job of a 32 year old, long in the tooth striker, looking for where to retire in peace (Giroud comes to mind).

I have to agree with you. At 24, time to make a move. He’s been loyal and in the last year he’s worked hard. I’m certain a mid to bottom table team would make him a starter. The challenge is that those teams like to play with a big target man as they mostly put men behind the ball and that’s not Kelechi’s best role. But he can certainly do a job and take it from there.

But this Leicester thing needs to end soon.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:

Nigerians (myself included) by nature are not agrressive as far as their careers are concerned. Many of us think of what we want rather than what we are worth. Most of us are not concerned about getting what we are worth as long as we are satisfied with what we are getting, no matter how little it may be. We need to start demading our market value, and damn the outcome. Kelechi needs to start demanding for more. Leicester will not trade him as long as he is more valuable to them sitting on the bench.
You have a point. That’s why it’s key to have good advisors by your side to make up for your deficiencies. Leicester likes the current situation because they know he’s talented. They want a talented player as spare tire. But it is not in Kelechi’s best interest. If he doesn’t push, they will leave there to be playing unimportant games. Or come in as a sub every other game for 15 minutes. I mean, that’s just a waste
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

waka-man wrote:

I have to agree with you. At 24, time to make a move. He’s been loyal and in the last year he’s worked hard. I’m certain a mid to bottom table team would make him a starter. The challenge is that those teams like to play with a big target man as they mostly put men behind the ball and that’s not Kelechi’s best role. But he can certainly do a job and take it from there.

But this Leicester thing needs to end soon.
Yes. Man City may have been too big a stage/the wrong club for him, but he certainly has the talent to be in the top flight. Right now, Rodgers and the Leicester management is blowing sweet nothings into his ear, telling him how important he is and all sorts of other poppycock. And it seems like he’s believing him.

There is no contest between him and Vardy. They’ve made their choice. Kelechi, you make yours
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

Well said
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:

Well said

Kai.... Truth bomb on a Monday morning. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:

Chei so 1Naija can actually make sense like this :clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:

Chei so 1Naija can actually make sense like this :clap:
Na uncle write am? I didn't even check for the author before I responded. This is irrefutable evidence that uncle 1kobo had a JOB at some point in the not too distant past. Somewhere between 10-20yrs BU ( Before Uber) :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He would have been a good option for a team like Leeds United. Rodrigo at £29 million is a very big gamble.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I KPOM this post. Time to get out of that place even if it means moving out of England. He has the talent to start elsewhere and make waves.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:

I KPOM this post. Time to get out of that place even if it means moving out of England. He has the talent to start elsewhere and make waves.

Nacho wants to get his British passport so he's not likely to move outside the U.K until he gets it even if it means not playing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Kelechi does not need to go anywhere...
With Europa Cup, FA Cup, Carabao Cup and EPL, he will see loads of action!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:

And just btw, I respectfully disagree...
You think the remarkable success of Nigerians in the US/UK is characteristic of a passive nature?! :shock:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:

which school awarded you the psych degree
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Agreed. His lack of ambition and acceptance of a long-term limited role at Leicester is worrying tbh.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:Kelechi does not need to go anywhere...

Oh you mean like last season? :dream:

A player of his talent should aim for more.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:

And just btw, I respectfully disagree...
You think the remarkable success of Nigerians in the US/UK is characteristic of a passive nature?! :shock:
I don't mean Nigerians are not successful. But most Nigerians I have worked with don't actively look for ways to get promoted like Americans, or even Asians. For the most part, we let our "performance" do the talking for us. But as you and I know, performance alone don't get people up the ladder in the corporate world. I work with some very smart Nigerians, and I can tell you none of the ones I know has actively looked for sponsors within the company to go to bat for them. Most of the "smart" Americans and even Asians all have sponsors batting for them during promotion considerations. It makes a huge difference!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:

Hopefully Leicester don't buy anymore attacking options, that way he'll get some PT since it seems he's determined to stay.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jette1 wrote:
1naija wrote:

which school awarded you the psych degree
Not university of "cancum" where you attended with loads of chicks with protruding parts.. :taunt:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Hopefully Leicester don't buy anymore attacking options, that way he'll get some PT since it seems he's determined to stay.
Well, they just agreed to a deal to sign Roma winger Cengiz Under.
Different position but since Vardy never gets benched, it a'int good news for Nacho
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jdizzy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Different position but since Vardy never gets benched, it a'int good news for Nacho
Hmmm, hope for his own sake he knows what he's doing. I wonder what happened to the Aston Villa and Newcastle rumors, he should be entertaining such if his goal is to stay and get his pally.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Hmmm, hope for his own sake he knows what he's doing. I wonder what happened to the Aston Villa and Newcastle rumors, he should be entertaining such if his goal is to stay and get his pally.
Maceo4 my guy!!!
Na pali (or kpali) you been wan talk.
'Pally' na friend.

Check your University of Benin Pidgin English Dictionary.
No kill us with pidgin bullet for here, abeg. :tic:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "