2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v EVE [WK 1]

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote:
txj wrote:Very assured performance by Everton.

But very surprised by complete lack of ideas by Spurs in 2hf

This game should've been over a long time ago...
:clap: spurs is a poor teamplus a poor coach that the game is above him
Yet they finished above you last season. Jose Mourinho is not a poor coach. Show some damn respect.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

toyin133 wrote:Things must be desperate, Mourinho is bringing on Ndombele
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:See Dier getting disposed in front of his own 18.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Let's review what has changed for Spurs. We signed a psycho in CM, signed a past it GK, signed a RWB who to me is not top 4 quality and we still dont have a striker to compete with Kane. We also lack a backup for Lo Celso.

I await to see the transfer window. If we don't purchase another player, I will not take out time to watch Spurs this season. I am not going to get stressed over nothing.

My only expectation - finish above Arsenal. The rest is inconsequential.
see level :oops: :oops:
Bros, that is the beauty of being a fan! For me, it is simple - finish above Arsenal, win a trophy. From what I have seen today, I am not sure these guys can win anything. Only thing left is for them to beat Arsenal. Next season is another attempt to win trophy.

My confidence - lets do a bet. If these guys win a trophy this season, I will give 100k naira to a charity of your choice in Nigeria. What will you bet?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Let's review what has changed for Spurs. We signed a psycho in CM, signed a past it GK, signed a RWB who to me is not top 4 quality and we still dont have a striker to compete with Kane. We also lack a backup for Lo Celso.

I await to see the transfer window. If we don't purchase another player, I will not take out time to watch Spurs this season. I am not going to get stressed over nothing.

Bros, that is the beauty of being a fan! For me, it is simple - finish above Arsenal, win a trophy. From what I have seen today, I am not sure these guys can win anything. Only thing left is for them to beat Arsenal. Next season is another attempt to win trophy.

My confidence - lets do a bet. If these guys win a trophy this season, I will give 100k naira to a charity of your choice in Nigeria. What will you bet?
I dont do that nonsense. when I bet, the money has to come to my pocket!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

But these are the same players you expected Poch to perform miracles with?
The players are mostly Pochettino's players. Only departures from first team post Poch are Eriksen, Rose, and Vertonghen.

I expect them to get top 4 but with what I have seen and the boring buys - it is going to be a long season. There is no excitement watching Spurs under Jose. I already have stress from other things - not going to allow these ones add to it.
No wahala, look after yourself
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

@Cristao the issues are too much.

You guys NEEDED a CB, LB, DM, AM and ST. You havent bought any of those. You will certainly get a striker. But You were talking with Benrahma, who I thought was a smart move, but all of a sudden seems you guys are concentrating on getting Gareth Bale. If that deal comes off, while everyone will celebrate it and be excited (and he will end the brainless Lucas), that is NOT what you need.

You needed an Ndidi-type DM, but chose to go for an aggressive CM instead. Which is fine, but it will only turn out well, if you are able to play a different tactics and have an AM that can dictate the game.

Then when you look at all of this and then you have a tactics that is pretty bad, its a big big problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oh! and you have a captain who has achieved NOTHING in his career, ZILCH!!! and isnt even known outside England, yet he walks about like Ronaldo/Messi and refusing to press or track runners. You guys are in trouble.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Yet they finished above you last season. Jose Mourinho is not a poor coach. Show some damn respect.
Yet we won two trophies,Dude Jose used to be a winner now he is coaching a curse team.
This year you can finish above us as long as won won two trophies and your team end up empty hand is all good.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kajifu wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Yet we won two trophies,Dude Jose used to be a winner now he is coaching a curse team.
This year you can finish above us as long as won won two trophies and your team end up empty hand is all good.
Tottenham is cursed? I see. Carry on, kajifu. It is clear you take this too seriously.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:@Cristao the issues are too much.

You guys NEEDED a CB, LB, DM, AM and ST. You havent bought any of those. You will certainly get a striker. But You were talking with Benrahma, who I thought was a smart move, but all of a sudden seems you guys are concentrating on getting Gareth Bale. If that deal comes off, while everyone will celebrate it and be excited (and he will end the brainless Lucas), that is NOT what you need.

You needed an Ndidi-type DM, but chose to go for an aggressive CM instead. Which is fine, but it will only turn out well, if you are able to play a different tactics and have an AM that can dictate the game.

Then when you look at all of this and then you have a tactics that is pretty bad, its a big big problem.
Lets wait and see. The gaps were very glaring today. There was noone to dictate Spurs play. I like Jose but I really couldn't understand the play today. I wait till end of transfer window. That will decide what hopes one has for this season.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Tottenham is cursed? I see. Carry on, kajifu. It is clear you take this too seriously.
Ask Danfo Driver the club need to pay their fine to be free.
Dont take it serious is your problem ,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:@Cristao the issues are too much.

Have you free them from the curse?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Isn't that a safe bet? You mean if they don't win a trophy? If you said that, then I will encourage DD to go for it as he will get your money. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Isn't that a safe bet? You mean if they don't win a trophy? If you said that, then I will encourage DD to go for it as he will get your money. :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As has been said many times over, 10 Kings, 10 eras. IRRELEVANT.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Cris, when Pochahontas was playing Olexander Usyk in a sea of heavyweights, with nothing but a receding Lucas Moura to show for 2 summers, the charge was underachieving. Said it then, will say it now, Mourinho will surrender his red cap and resurrect the cows killed, thus retiring his Ogbuefi. Spent force.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@Cris, when Pochahontas was playing Olexander Usyk in a sea of heavyweights, with nothing but a receding Lucas Moura to show for 2 summers, the charge was underachieving. Said it then, will say it now, Mourinho will surrender his red cap and resurrect the cows killed, thus retiring his Ogbuefi. Spent force.
Jose is the issue
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coach wrote:@Cris, when Pochahontas was playing Olexander Usyk in a sea of heavyweights, with nothing but a receding Lucas Moura to show for 2 summers, the charge was underachieving. Said it then, will say it now, Mourinho will surrender his red cap and resurrect the cows killed, thus retiring his Ogbuefi. Spent force.

Due another huge payday!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

If i had any illusions about how we will do this season, yesterday removed it all and at least i can now enjoy the whole season knowing full well that my team will do well to finish in top ten and will not even win that mickey mouse cup that is usually handed out end of Feb. (Sorry forgot the name). I am not a big fan of Jose anyway and won't be surprised if the fans turn on him mid way.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

When i tell people here that Zidane is a fraud people here catch feelings. See what James did to those useless Spuds yesterday?? Why isnt this gem playing for Real Madrid? Oh that right..bcos ZZ cant stand the fact that James was 2x the player that Algerian angel* was at his prime.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Chiiiileke!!!!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Its a Goal wrote:Matt is not filling me with confidence on the defensive side. At least yet.
Strange signing tbh. I haven't seen him defend in a back 4 and haven't seen Jose play a back 5 either. Anyways what's my own :D :D :D
Niente Ÿ impossibile!