Please strike out Sebastien Osigwe as an SE GK hopeful

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Please strike out Sebastien Osigwe as an SE GK hopeful

Post by chuks69 »

The dude chop 5 goals today.. Another OsigweBasket waiting to happen.
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/09/ ... fc-lugano/
afc##
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Please strike out Sebastien Osigwe as an SE GK hopeful

Post by olu »

He was at fault for 2 of the goals, but it's a little harsh to rule him out after just one game. Here are highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbxJXGRas0
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote:He was at fault for 2 of the goals, but it's a little harsh to rule him out after just one game. Here are highlights:

You guys just sit behind your computer assign blame to players as though you're experts. Which one of the goals was his fault? I didn't see any.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
olu wrote:He was at fault for 2 of the goals, but it's a little harsh to rule him out after just one game. Here are highlights:

You guys just sit behind your computer assign blame to players as though you're experts. Which one of the goals was his fault? I didn't see any.
That’s kinda sad though. Someone will watch a clearcut video and still decides to come up with alternative facts. How anyone will blame that keeper for the 5 goals is beyond me.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Cito wrote:

That’s kinda sad though. Someone will watch a clearcut video and still decides to come up with alternative facts. How anyone will blame that keeper for the 5 goals is beyond me.
Na wa oo. Just watched the video and can't see how he was to blame in any of the goals. Inter were walking through their defence at will (I guess that was also Osigwe's fault). The first goal he clearly blocked the one on one shot but his defenders were as sleep not to clear the rebound. The 2nd was an own goal - defender deflected ball passed him. 3rd Inter striker under no pressure in the 18 yard box with a clear shot on goal and hit's a perfect grounder, the 4th Inter striker alone with goal keeper one on one, striker in full control of the ball and skillfully beats him while the 5th was a Lukaku penalty. Even after that he had to make a least 2 point blank saves. I have learnt to take commentary from some guys here with a pinch of salt.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

A sh*t defence will make even prime Buffon look like Akpeyi, let's learn to put things in perspective here guys!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I blame him for the 5th goal. He didn't need to bring down Lukaku, particularly since Lukaku was backing the goal. I initially thought the first goal was his fault as well since he rushed out so quickly to block Hakimi's shot/pass, however, after looking at it again he may have made some contact with the ball. So I'm now on the fence on whether he was at fault for the first goal.

The 4th goal he took a gamble and tried to make himself big and stand on his feet. I think in that instance it would have been better if he rushed out to win the ball from Martinez rather than coming out and stopping halfway. It's hard to blame him for that goal since he was exposed by his defense.

The point I was trying to make was he shouldn't be written off based on one game.
Adisboy wrote:
Cito wrote:

Na wa oo. Just watched the video and can't see how he was to blame in any of the goals. Inter were walking through their defence at will (I guess that was also Osigwe's fault). The first goal he clearly blocked the one on one shot but his defenders were as sleep not to clear the rebound. The 2nd was an own goal - defender deflected ball passed him. 3rd Inter striker under no pressure in the 18 yard box with a clear shot on goal and hit's a perfect grounder, the 4th Inter striker alone with goal keeper one on one, striker in full control of the ball and skillfully beats him while the 5th was a Lukaku penalty. Even after that he had to make a least 2 point blank saves. I have learnt to take commentary from some guys here with a pinch of salt.