'CONFIRMED: AKPOGUMA SWITCHES TO NIGERIA'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
'CONFIRMED: AKPOGUMA SWITCHES TO NIGERIA'

Post by Damunk »

I'm not sure he can even make the squad as things stand and he doesn't seem to be doing much on the field at the moment. See life.
Confirmed: German-born Bundesliga Star Switches Allegiance To Nigeria
by Imhons Erons 5 seconds ago in Bundesliga, News, Nigeria

The Gernot Rohr-tutored side already boasts the defensive talents of William Troost-Ekong, Kenneth Omeruo, Leon Balogun, and Semi Ajayi, but another top defender has added his name to the German tactician’s options

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has confirmed that former Germany youth international and Hoffenheim defender Kevin Akpoguma has committed his international future to Nigeria.

Akpoguma was born in Neustadt to a German mother and Nigerian father and had represented his country of birth across various youth levels.

The tough-tackling centre-back even captained the German U-20 team that defeated Nigeria’s Flying Eagles in the quarterfinal stage of the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

But the 25-year-old remained eligible to feature for the Super Eagles having never been invited to play for the German national team.

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr, who also has German roots, has never hidden his desire to lure Akpoguma to the Nigerian fold. And it appears that attempt has met with success as confirmed by the NFF boss in a chat with the Daily Sun.

“We have also resolved that anybody who wants to play for Nigeria must write to us to make some commitment,” Pinnick said.

“We don’t want to make the mistake we made in the past.

“Already, Kelvin Agboguma and one other have already written to commit their future to Nigeria. They know that Nigeria is a big country to launch anybody higher than they imagine.”

Raised at Karlsruher SC and nurtured to maturity at Hoffenheim, Akpoguma is a proven performer at the elite level of German football, having already made 52 Bundesliga appearances.

A versatile centre-back who can also do a decent job as a right or left full-back, Akpoguma could be in line for his first Super Eagles call-up when Rohr releases his squad list for the friendly games against Tunisia and Ivory Coast next month.
https://soccernet.ng/2020/09/confirmed- ... geria.html
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'CONFIRMED: AKPOGUMA SWITCHES TO NIGERIA'

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He wan go free world cup. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

yes for Kelvin. Watch his interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QuRqwc6Hc
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

To be fair to him he was at least honest enough from the start that he was open to play for Nigeria even though Germany was his choice, seems like a cool lad and definitely a very decent player... good luck to him in his SE career.

The other German boys that have already switched are Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai and I believe Felix Agu.
More options for us, world cup go sweet sha if we qualify.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:To be fair to him he was at least honest enough from the start that he was open to play for Nigeria even though Germany was his choice, seems like a cool lad and definitely a very decent player... good luck to him in his SE career.

The other German boys that have already switched are Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai and I believe Felix Agu.
Any checkable evidence of this?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lots of defenders, I am not complaining but just saying , **** has completely turned us to Park the bus
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:To be fair to him he was at least honest enough from the start that he was open to play for Nigeria even though Germany was his choice, seems like a cool lad and definitely a very decent player... good luck to him in his SE career.

Any checkable evidence of this?
I saw several reports on that on various Nigerian blogs, Punch newspaper (which is about as credible as you can get), also reported it.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Imagine SE with Naija bred attackers, spanish bred midfielders and German bred defenders and goalie!

Cmoke
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Very international team.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Lots of defenders, I am not complaining but just saying , **** has completely turned us to Park the bus
Obviously they are not going to play 11 defenders all at once are they?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They will make very good additions and will give us a chance to pick a quality set of defenders.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: welcome Kevin. Thank you very much.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

What will be Nigieria's target come the next ANC?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Flex Swift wrote:What will be Nigieria's target come the next ANC?
Surely win the AFCON, nothing less than that. Rohr has no excuse again... he has been given the time and now has a even better squad ahead of the AFCON
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Tobi17 wrote:
Surely win the AFCON, nothing less than that. Rohr has no excuse again... he has been given the time and now has a even better squad ahead of the AFCON
I hope the coach speaks with confidence during the nation cup press conferences ...... I am sick of Nigeria. being depicted as pussies
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I hope the coach speaks with confidence during the nation cup press conferences ...... I am sick of Nigeria. being depicted as pussies
You prefer the 'loudmouth' depiction?
Cos that's how the Nigerian generally trends. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

To learn properly.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

We the fans are not asking for him to boast ..... when he represents 9ja he just has to say something a long the lines of: he has confidence in his team they have prepared well and expects to win. If he is asked who he expects to make the finals he should say he doesn’t know who the other team will be .......but expects 9ja to be one of the teams in the finals. Yes he respects the opposition but he believes in the team he has assembled. :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

We the fans are not asking for him to boast ..... when he represents 9ja he just has to say something a long the lines of: he has confidence in his team they have prepared well and expects to win. If he is asked who he expects to make the finals he should say he doesn’t know who the other team will be .......but expects 9ja to be one of the teams in the finals. Yes he respects the opposition but he believes in the team he has assembled. :taunt:
Is this for AFCON or the World Cup?
Cos for AFCON what you are saying will not be good enough for Nigerians who want him to say "WE WILL WIN AFCON" adding "all the other countries are simply here to sell groundnut"

Just kidding. :taunt:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I don’t care what he says it’s the results that count,I‘ve seen minnows boast before a flogging but I understand why they’d do that, they need to lap up the attention as they know they’ll lose.Nigerians and Nigeria are known for boasting when their house isn’t in order but Nigeria has potential and should concentrate on achieving the top prize and after its achieved they should talk!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I don’t care what he says it’s the results that count,I‘ve seen minnows boast before a flogging but I understand why they’d do that, they need to lap up the attention as they know they’ll lose.Nigerians and Nigeria are known for boasting when their house isn’t in order but Nigeria has potential and should concentrate on achieving the top prize and after its achieved they should talk!
Real talk! :clap: :clap: :clap: