The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Don’t have the energy to argue but Leno
didn’t convince me that selling Martinez
was the right decision.

Again no command of his box and jittery
on the ball. I fear for next week.
At this rate Mart should make you his agent - your confidence in his abilities based on the sample size of the best period of his career is not matched by lots of clubs baying for his signature. That relegation escapers, AV were the main suitors speaks volumes - you've been a serious fan of the sport long enough to appreciate a GK at Arsenal for 11yrs or so nds more than 15 or so snr appearances to make believers of many.
At least ask the hard questions as to why no EPL clubs came to get him on loan all these yrs - he seemed to play in lower divisions. Respect why scouts, managers etc of big clubs didn't rush to sign him. Celebrate his belief in his abilities @almost 30 yrs old but let's see how he performs when his team are struggling. Let's hope he does well for Argentina since he's now been called up
You can make comparisons if you must by midseason but we have to look at the defences in front of them - not even you in that "AGENT" suit can argue Arsenal to Villa is progress or proof of excellence yep better than loans to Oxford United, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers & Reading!!!

Again this is a lotta text but no specifics. I’ve already addressed specific areas in which you can compare the two and you conveniently glossed over them. Beating Chelsea, City and Liverpool twice is no fluke ... and neither is the leadership, critical saves and control of his box.

It’s funny you say only Villa was in for Martinez, we pray Tell who Was in for Leno?
Yeah no one.
Anyway I’m done talking about this.
We shall see.
Leno was ready to fight for his spot - you conveniently forget. This was the opportunity for Mart to get a rise in pay but not even you will agree with Mart's demands that he gets guarantees as a starter - he didn't back himself - so he opted for a relegation club.
You keep judging dude on 15matches - Guendouzi has a far larger sample size. Mart did well away to Reading but all those loans & blows up @28yrs old.
Wojciech Szczęsny goes on loan to Roma - Juve comes in - that moving up - you're raving over a Villa GK. Leno is in the mix for his country competing with top notch GK
Your Boy - same age as Leno with a weaker crop of GKs:

HE WAS CALLED UP TO THE ARGENTINA SENIOR SQUAD TO REPLACE ÓSCAR USTARI TO FACE NIGERIA IN JUNE 2011. HE RECEIVED HIS SECOND SENIOR CALL UP AGAINST GERMANY AND ECUADOR ON 9 AND 13 OCTOBER 2019, HE WAS AN UNUSED SUBSTITUTE FOR BOTH FRIENDLY MATCHES
------------------------------
After 2011, he goes 8yrs(2WC b4 another call up?) - Brah, lean back - ends up @villa & will be lucky to make 50% of Leno's wkly pay. hello
Like I said no energy 2 run around
in circles wit ya.
We shall see.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
was the right decision.

At this rate Mart should make you his agent - your confidence in his abilities based on the sample size of the best period of his career is not matched by lots of clubs baying for his signature. That relegation escapers, AV were the main suitors speaks volumes - you've been a serious fan of the sport long enough to appreciate a GK at Arsenal for 11yrs or so nds more than 15 or so snr appearances to make believers of many.
At least ask the hard questions as to why no EPL clubs came to get him on loan all these yrs - he seemed to play in lower divisions. Respect why scouts, managers etc of big clubs didn't rush to sign him. Celebrate his belief in his abilities @almost 30 yrs old but let's see how he performs when his team are struggling. Let's hope he does well for Argentina since he's now been called up
You can make comparisons if you must by midseason but we have to look at the defences in front of them - not even you in that "AGENT" suit can argue Arsenal to Villa is progress or proof of excellence yep better than loans to Oxford United, Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers & Reading!!!

Again this is a lotta text but no specifics. I’ve already addressed specific areas in which you can compare the two and you conveniently glossed over them. Beating Chelsea, City and Liverpool twice is no fluke ... and neither is the leadership, critical saves and control of his box.

It’s funny you say only Villa was in for Martinez, we pray Tell who Was in for Leno?
Yeah no one.
We shall see.
Leno was ready to fight for his spot - you conveniently forget. This was the opportunity for Mart to get a rise in pay but not even you will agree with Mart's demands that he gets guarantees as a starter - he didn't back himself - so he opted for a relegation club.
You keep judging dude on 15matches - Guendouzi has a far larger sample size. Mart did well away to Reading but all those loans & blows up @28yrs old.
Wojciech Szczęsny goes on loan to Roma - Juve comes in - that moving up - you're raving over a Villa GK. Leno is in the mix for his country competing with top notch GK

HE WAS CALLED UP TO THE ARGENTINA SENIOR SQUAD TO REPLACE ÓSCAR USTARI TO FACE NIGERIA IN JUNE 2011. HE RECEIVED HIS SECOND SENIOR CALL UP AGAINST GERMANY AND ECUADOR ON 9 AND 13 OCTOBER 2019, HE WAS AN UNUSED SUBSTITUTE FOR BOTH FRIENDLY MATCHES
After 2011, he goes 8yrs(2WC b4 another call up?) - Brah, lean back - ends up @villa & will be lucky to make 50% of Leno's wkly pay. hello
in circles wit ya.
We shall see.
Sorry mate, you just got schooled. This pinning for Emi is bordering on the ridiculous. I distinctly recall you stating on these pages that Emi had not done enough to convince on his readiness to be Arsenal's No. 1 goalie after he shipped 5 goals against Liverpool in the Caraboa Cup last season yet here you are pinning for him. No arguing the fact that he was brilliant when Leno was injured but Leno is also a very good goalie and has been a player of the season contender for several seasons.

Tolah's arguement is quite simple, Leno has been brilliant for much longer than Emi has been brilliant and for that reason deserves the jersey. Having said that, I would personally have preferred Emi as the No. 1 but now he is gone, I wish him all the best while fully backing Leno who is still brilliant.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Coach wrote:Leno is a shot-stopper and a good one at that. He’s no Jekyll and Lehman, nor Dave Seamen or Epididymal exudate, but he’s decent at that which he’s decent. The moaning for Martinez is pointless, he wanted out and was duly obliged. He has the colosseum he craved. Good luck to him.

Hmmm so a revised take than “comfortably superior”?
Ok
In addendum...and comfortably the superior of the two.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will be happy with this lineup if we are to choose between Aour and Partey.

4-3-3

Leno
Niles, Luiz/Saliba, Gabriel, Thierney
Partey, Ceballos/Willian, Xhaka
Pepe/Willian, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Coach wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Coach wrote:Leno is a shot-stopper and a good one at that. He’s no Jekyll and Lehman, nor Dave Seamen or Epididymal exudate, but he’s decent at that which he’s decent. The moaning for Martinez is pointless, he wanted out and was duly obliged. He has the colosseum he craved. Good luck to him.

Ok
:D
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Coach wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Ok
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:I will be happy with this lineup if we are to choose between Aour and Partey.

4-3-3

Leno
And when Martinelli returns? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I will be happy with this lineup if we are to choose between Aour and Partey.

4-3-3

Leno
Give him time to get back to 100 percent. Compete with Nkettiah. Long term replacement for Lacazette.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This team need to pick points against Liverpool next monday.If we do we will be more confidence going forward and fear no team.
Even if we play badly get the win just like we did against West Ham.We really need tied up and get the right selection against Liverpool.
Hope Arteta will remind them even with the win that they were poor and Auba should be scoring brace from this games
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

4-3-3

Leno
Give him time to get back to 100 percent. Compete with Nkettiah. Long term replacement for Lacazette.
Nkettiah kis Laca long term replacement not Martinelli.Auba need to move back to the center forward not this wing
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Can Chelsea play a serious opponent w/o getting a needless redcard? Not complaining at all - smdh!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

4-3-3

Leno
Nkettiah kis Laca long term replacement not Martinelli.Auba need to move back to the center forward not this wing
'

Martineli like Henry future will be as a center forward. Just like Henry he too will move from the wide position to more centrally. Martineli is already a great finisher as a young player.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

slyk wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
was the right decision.

Yeah no one.
We shall see.

in circles wit ya.
We shall see.
Sorry mate, you just got schooled. This pinning for Emi is bordering on the ridiculous. I distinctly recall you stating on these pages that Emi had not done enough to convince on his readiness to be Arsenal's No. 1 goalie after he shipped 5 goals against Liverpool in the Caraboa Cup last season yet here you are pinning for him. No arguing the fact that he was brilliant when Leno was injured but Leno is also a very good goalie and has been a player of the season contender for several seasons.

Tolah's arguement is quite simple, Leno has been brilliant for much longer than Emi has been brilliant and for that reason deserves the jersey. Having said that, I would personally have preferred Emi as the No. 1 but now he is gone, I wish him all the best while fully backing Leno who is still brilliant.
Maybe you've more confidence in his abilities than he does. Leno's on £100k a week - If Mart backed himself to get that no. 1 spot, he'll have earned at least the same - the highest paid player @Villa is £75k or so.
He practised with Leno everyday under the guidance of GK coaches yet didn't back himself. Maybe he was nervous about what happens when he loses form - he opts for the best deal he can get at his peak performance yet Villa are the main player.
GK coaches generally play the long game - not easy to convince if you breakout @28yrs old!!!
Wish the man well but he'd a record b4 Leno's injury vs Brighton!! Bless Up
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

OLISEH WITHOUT THE 'H' AND HE IS FRENCH :evil:

OLISE INTERESTS ARSENAL

18-year-old Reading midfielder Michael Olise is the subject of interest from Mikel Arteta, as well as a number of other Premier League clubs.

The Frenchman has made a bright start to this season, scoring in the Royals' last game against Barnsley to help fire Reading to the top of the Championship table.

Arsenal would face competition from the likes of Wolves and Leeds for the signature of Olise, who has been part of the Reading set up since 2016.

Source: UK SUN NEWSPAPERS https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... rtey-ozil/
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:OLISEH WITHOUT THE 'H' AND HE IS FRENCH :evil:

OLISE INTERESTS ARSENAL

18-year-old Reading midfielder Michael Olise is the subject of interest from Mikel Arteta, as well as a number of other Premier League clubs.

The Frenchman has made a bright start to this season, scoring in the Royals' last game against Barnsley to help fire Reading to the top of the Championship table.

Arsenal would face competition from the likes of Wolves and Leeds for the signature of Olise, who has been part of the Reading set up since 2016.

Source: UK SUN NEWSPAPERS https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... rtey-ozil/
How good is he?Is he ready for first team or he is one for the future?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
cchinukw wrote:OLISEH WITHOUT THE 'H' AND HE IS FRENCH :evil:

OLISE INTERESTS ARSENAL

How good is he?Is he ready for first team or he is one for the future?
U23 and Carabao cup.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Emiliano already making a diff saving a PK in his debut vs Sheffield United
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Alex Runnarson signs for The Arsenal FC.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/alex-runar ... ns-arsenal

Welcome to The Arsenal, Runnerson!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
lakdarbelloumi
Egg
Egg

Post by lakdarbelloumi »

We tend to want to undermine what confidence counts for. Martinez oozes confidence and that translates to his defence. Leno, too tentative sometimes and his display on Saturday should give us all a bit of a worry. Lets hope he settles down and puts in a much more confident display next time. Martinez is gone, and I'm glad he is having a good start with Villa. We cant be dwelling however on what could have been. Let's work with Leno.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

lakdarbelloumi wrote:We tend to want to undermine what confidence counts for. Martinez oozes confidence and that translates to his defence. Leno, too tentative sometimes and his display on Saturday should give us all a bit of a worry. Lets hope he settles down and puts in a much more confident display next time. Martinez is gone, and I'm glad he is having a good start with Villa. We cant be dwelling however on what could have been. Let's work with Leno.
I have no problem with the sale but I think Arsenal should've included a buy back clause in the deal.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

lakdarbelloumi wrote:We tend to want to undermine what confidence counts for. Martinez oozes confidence and that translates to his defence. Leno, too tentative sometimes and his display on Saturday should give us all a bit of a worry. Lets hope he settles down and puts in a much more confident display next time. Martinez is gone, and I'm glad he is having a good start with Villa. We cant be dwelling however on what could have been. Let's work with Leno.
Martinez refused to renew his contract unless he is handed number one without a fight. Such arrogance.
Yes, he was good in the later part of last season but he is also ungrateful for a club that has shouldered and groomed him for so many years. Let’s move on guys.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote:
I have no problem with the sale but I think Arsenal should've included a buy back clause in the deal.
Perspective is required. When Leno came in Cech was #1 and remained so till he got injured. Then Leno grabbed his chance. And this is the norm with goalies. However when Leno got injured and Emi grabbed his chances he was denied continuing as #1. That's a decision that baffles me really. I really don't get that point.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

azuka wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Perspective is required. When Leno came in Cech was #1 and remained so till he got injured. Then Leno grabbed his chance. And this is the norm with goalies. However when Leno got injured and Emi grabbed his chances he was denied continuing as #1. That's a decision that baffles me really. I really don't get that point.
I don’t get it at all...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman