The Americans are coming

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
The Americans are coming

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Americans are coming

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

playing for Chelsea, Juventus, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and, as of Wednesday, Barcelona.

The oldest of them, Juve’s midfield metronome Weston McKennie, turned 22 less than a month ago. Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is three weeks younger. Midfielder Tyler Adams, whose goal put Leipzig into the Champions League semifinals last season, is 21. Attacking midfielder Gio Reyna, who has begun earning significant playing time at Dortmund, doesn’t turn 18 until November.

Wing back Sergiño Dest is 19, and now reportedly the latest member of the club of Americans at Europe’s elite teams upon his agreement to sign with Barcelona from Ajax. He might be joined in the Catalan first team by Miami native Konrad de la Fuente, a 19-year-old winger threatening to play his way into a senior debut.
If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Of late a lot of homeboys are getting deals and playing for top European clubs. I think naija should take a look and see if we can learn how this is happening so quickly. .I am very impressed. I saw the texas boy debut for Juve and boy did he impress

If they were from Naija or Africa they will not be all over big clubs because of their back ground and agents.
You need to be extra good even likes of Salah,Mane Auba at that early ages were better but start from small small clubs.
Dangote or another rich Africa should look at a club like Leeds and buy now it will be cheaper and turn them to be the new Man City
Leeds is owned by a younger Italian Business man
SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Leeds is owned by a younger Italian Business man
Our man can fool him sell it or go look for a club and buy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is cyclical. Nigeria is over achieving. inspite of poor local facilities we are still churning out exceptional talents. Makes you wonder what we can do if we have the same facilities in the US.

Just a few years ago Nigeria had players signing with Arsenal, Man city and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is cyclical. Nigeria is over achieving. inspite of poor local facilities we are still churning out exceptional talents. Makes you wonder what we can do if we have the same facilities in the US.

Just a few years ago Nigeria had players signing with Arsenal, Man city and etc.
...why can't we have same facilities as in the US? In this age it doesn't take rocket science to have and operate them.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Because Nigeria is a failed business venture. How one can look at the set up in the US, in a sport that is jostling for recognition and ask why, in regard to Nigeria’s tomfoolery with, arguably, a national sport, is ludicrous. Nigeria is quintessentially Nigerian with everything it does. Take a look a AFC Fylde’s stadium, fourth tier in the English pyramid and compare it with Nigeria’s national arenas. Our is not for comparison with the production lines in the US, rather the sweatshops in Bangladesh and Mumbai. How’s the NPL these days?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Aside from Pulisic and Dest the rest are overrated..And lets not forget these Euro teams are buying American players so their clubs can tap into the American market unlike African born players that have to work their way up from the bottom. Look at how Tolu Arokodare went from Latvia to FC Koln meanwhile that useless Josh Sergent or Josh Copral went straight into Weder Breman. We all know who is the better striker. Same goes for Gio Reyna. There nothing special about that kid just like his daddy Claudio.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote:Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!

Dont believe in the hype. Just sucks that i have to watch Bundesliga and EPL with American and British commentators inserting their over hyped players into the conversation.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Where is bret hart? I don't believe the hype until bret give us his take on these American boys!

Dont believe in the hype. Just sucks that i have to watch Bundesliga and EPL with American and British commentators inserting their over hyped players into the conversation.
you should be streaming games from the public library.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kajifu wrote:

OK, BUT...

...what about just investing within Nigeria and improving the domestic league and youth development programs so these players don't have to depend on foreign leagues for validation? Why look outside the country?
Bell
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ajax right-back Sergino Dest is having a medical at Barcelona before signing for a reported 20m euros (£18m).

The 19-year-old came through the Ajax academy and broke into the Dutch champions' first team in 2019.

Dest was born in the Netherlands but has represented the United States at youth and senior level.

"Sergino is doing his medical, he still needs to sign contracts but it seems almost certain that he will sign," Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman sai
d.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54355872
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Add Chris Richards to the list...starting for Bayern at RB today
Niente Ÿ impossibile!