OSIMHEN: Availability for Intl. Friendly???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OSIMHEN: Availability for Intl. Friendly???

Post by Enugu II »

Wednesday September 30 2020

Napoli squad clear of COVID

By Football Italia staff
https://www.football-italia.net/159555/ ... lear-covid

Napoli have announced that all the COVID-19 tests on their players and staff have come back negative after 14 cases at their recent opponents Genoa.

There will be another round of swabs tomorrow, as the Coronavirus has a long incubation period, and so more tests will be required before deciding if their game against Juventus this weekend can go ahead as planned.

Genoa had two players test positive – Mattia Perin and Lasse Schone – before Sunday’s 6-0 defeat against Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo.

Tests performed on Monday morning found another 12 positive cases between squad and staff, reportedly including another eight or nine players.

They are now in quarantine and it’s very likely this weekend’s Serie A match between Genoa and Torino will be postponed.

It is reported, but has not yet been confirmed, that six of the players who tested positive on Monday had played against Napoli on Sunday.

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMHEN: Availability for Intl. Friendly???

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I doubt Napoli will let him play the friendlies.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:I doubt Napoli will let him play the friendlies.
They can't stop him unless he needs to quarantine comming back from Austria.

Things may get complicated next month when they will need to fly to Nigeria and Sierra Leone, although not many places in Africa are experiencing severe outbreaks of Covid.

What will be interesting is the upcoming south American WCQ in a week, as ma y South American countries are experiencing high infection rates. Many European based South American players might not make the WCQ.

Osimehn on the other hand may end up testing positive because of his exposure to Genoa players, and will have to miss the match.

Sadio Mane has tested positive
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Paul Onuachu has reportedly been called up in case Osimhen can't make it.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

mystic wrote:Paul Onuachu has reportedly been called up in case Osimhen can't make it.
Paul Onuachu is having a better season than Dessers at the moment.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
mystic wrote:Paul Onuachu has reportedly been called up in case Osimhen can't make it.
Paul Onuachu is having a better season than Dessers at the moment.

Yes. He has confined Dessers to a super sub role thus far. Dessers hasn't found his form of last season yet and (from the outside looking in) appears to be putting too much pressure on himself.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think they should cancel all the International friendlies... this covid is about to hit Europe for a 2nd time (wave)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Me, I don’t understand the purpose of friendlies now. It’s just a wasteful and potentially dangerous exercise. Let’s leave them at their clubs where they’re put under more stringent protocols
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s official Oshimen has been excused.
I’m still going to watch the Napoli game though.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF6sO4Dlrl1 ... r5czdfpbci
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:Etebo our with an injury https://www.instagram.com/p/CF9FiabpG2B ... 23a5eq0t4v

Read some of the comments on the link and someone claimed Etebo was man of the match in which he picked up an injury. I have not seen the game but trying to figure out how one could be man of the match on the losing team? It must be a biased form of reporting.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Etebo our with an injury https://www.instagram.com/p/CF9FiabpG2B ... 23a5eq0t4v

Read some of the comments on the link and someone claimed Etebo was man of the match in which he picked up an injury. I have not seen the game but trying to figure out how one could be man of the match on the losing team? It must be a biased form of reporting.
I watched it yesterday, maaaaaaaaaaan bobo was a force in midfield, a force! Commentators couldn't stop gushing about him (I was pissed they called him a product of the Stoke City youth team mschew), bobo worked so hard on the defensive side only for his useless teammates to eff up on the attacking side. I'm talking last ditch tackles in the box, goal saving clearances, bossing possession, even driving the team forward with 50+ yard runs fending off tackle after tackle. Bobo ran himself ragged, the boy is a pure gem. That said they lost to an absolutely amazing golaso left footed shot from the right angle of the 18 yard box over the keeper into the top left corner of the goal. An unbelievable goal and I believe the player that scored it was MoM, however Etebo, as the commentator said numerous times, was the best player on the Galatasaray team that for the most part dominated the opponent but was caught on a swift counter last seconds of the first half and the GK who was brilliant as well got beat by that golaso.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

I watched it yesterday, maaaaaaaaaaan bobo was a force in midfield, a force! Commentators couldn't stop gushing about him (I was pissed they called him a product of the Stoke City youth team mschew), bobo worked so hard on the defensive side only for his useless teammates to eff up on the attacking side. I'm talking last ditch tackles in the box, goal saving clearances, bossing possession, even driving the team forward with 50+ yard runs fending off tackle after tackle. Bobo ran himself ragged, the boy is a pure gem. That said they lost to an absolutely amazing golaso left footed shot from the right angle of the 18 yard box over the keeper into the top left corner of the goal. An unbelievable goal and I believe the player that scored it was MoM, however Etebo, as the commentator said numerous times, was the best player on the Galatasaray team that for the most part dominated the opponent but was caught on a swift counter last seconds of the first half and the GK who was brilliant as well got beat by that golaso.
Thanks I will watch the highlights
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Victor Osimhen will not be part of the Nigeria squad for the upcoming international matches due to some of his Napoli teammates testing positive for Covid-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk9h71JEMy0
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Extra in my news today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk9h71JEMy0

Mosimane and his technical team will get 10% increments every year.
Monthly Salary - US$120,000 (US$2.9 million for two years).
● Win League or CAFCL - US$480,000 bonus. ●
Any party wanting to terminate the contract will pay 6 months salary = US$720,000.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.