SE Camp News...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE Camp News...

Post by maceo4 »

Both Osimhen and Etebo out, Osimhen replaced by Onuachu, not sure about a replacement for Etebo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF9FiabpG2B ... 23a5eq0t4v

The following 'early birds' don arrive the Hotel Die Zeit Camp:
  • Chidera Ejuke
    Samuel Kalu
    Moses Simon
    Samson Tijani
    Kenneth Omeruo
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF9laoyJgGP ... 8fyev0txgl
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Camp News...

Post by vancity eagle »

Akpobuma is in camp according to own goal.

Just to train and get acquainted.

Meanwhile Azeez should be called to replace Etebo, but it seems Rohr does not want to replace Etebo.

2 matches with only 3 midfielders, 1 an 18 year old, and another a 1st timer. Doesn't look good if u ask me.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:Akpobuma is in camp according to own goal.

Meanwhile Azeez should be called to replace Etebo, but it seems Rohr does not want to replace Etebo.

2 matches with only 3 midfielders, 1 an 18 year old, and another a 1st timer. Doesn't look good if u ask me.
VE,

Why do you persist on this analysis of midfielders inspire of evidence that abundantly demonstrate otherwise. Here are two points you should always bear in mind:

1. If Rohr is to be given credit, one has been his ability to utilize players with multiple positionally ability. Thus, that a player is listed as a defender, midfielder, or forward does not mean that they cannot play elsewhere.
2. In modern football, many of those listed as forwards are often midfielders who play on the wide parts of the field. That the NFF lists them as forwards does not mean that they do not play in midfield. See Musa, Kalu, Iwobi, Chukwueze, etc. In fact, one can argue that in every SE call up, the list is predominated by midfield players. This current call up is not an exception.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Azeez was on the stand-by list abi, so I'd assume he'd be called now that both Ndidi and Etebo are out...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's being reported Rohr is not calling up anyone to replace Etebo. With Etebo and Ndidi out, Rohr will very likely start Onyeka and Agu as the CMs/DMs. Tijani will probably get some playing time in one or both of the friendlies. Ajayi can play as a CM/DM too.
Last edited by olu on Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Agu, Nigeria needs to try out some other than him. Agu has had a good run but surely..........
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Who and what channel is going to show the games?
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote:

VE,

Why do you persist on this analysis of midfielders inspire of evidence that abundantly demonstrate otherwise. Here are two points you should always bear in mind:

1. If Rohr is to be given credit, one has been his ability to utilize players with multiple positionally ability. Thus, that a player is listed as a defender, midfielder, or forward does not mean that they cannot play elsewhere.
2. In modern football, many of those listed as forwards are often midfielders who play on the wide parts of the field. That the NFF lists them as forwards does not mean that they do not play in midfield. See Musa, Kalu, Iwobi, Chukwueze, etc. In fact, one can argue that in every SE call up, the list is predominated by midfield players. This current call up is not an exception.
In this case he's referring to CM's of which we only have 3 since Etebo pulled out, plus a very inexperienced Tijani. So of course we'd logically need backup in that position rather than putting square pegs in round holes. It's still pretty surprising that Azeez was even dropped after his performance in our last game assisting Osimhen.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Who is that standing beside Dessers?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Damunk,
I know i'm getting old, but referring to the pic in the 4th quadrant (bottom right), left to right you have Akpoguma, Iwobi, Dessers,??? and Frank Onyeka.
The unknown kid does look like Tobias Lawal, the LASK Linz keeper. Am I wrong?
Damunk wrote:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Otitokoro wrote:Damunk,
I know i'm getting old, but referring to the pic in the 4th quadrant (bottom right), left to right you have Akpoguma, Iwobi, Dessers,??? and Frank Onyeka.
Damunk wrote:
You are right.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Otitokoro wrote:Damunk,
Damunk wrote:

4th Quadrant?? WFT???

What's next? What's cosecant 30 deg in the 4th quadrant?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote:In this case he's referring to CM's of which we only have 3 since Etebo pulled out, plus a very inexperienced Tijani. So of course we'd logically need backup in that position rather than putting square pegs in round holes. It's still pretty surprising that Azeez was even dropped after his performance in our last game assisting Osimhen.
You folks won't leave Azeez alone to try to reclaim his shirt at Granada...
There is more than enough in Agu, Onyeka, Tijani, and if necessary Semi Ajayi.

We have already seen Azeez...
Let's take a look at the new prospects in these friendlies and see what they can do.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote: Who is that standing beside Dessers?

Moses has turned more Ghananese!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Gotti wrote:
Sunset wrote:In this case he's referring to CM's of which we only have 3 since Etebo pulled out, plus a very inexperienced Tijani. So of course we'd logically need backup in that position rather than putting square pegs in round holes. It's still pretty surprising that Azeez was even dropped after his performance in our last game assisting Osimhen.

Let's take a look at the new prospects in these friendlies and see what they can do.
Kpom to that
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

FIFA clear Akpoguma for Nigeria, so he's free to play the friendlies.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

KIZONZO wrote:Who and what channel is going to show the games?
... thank you, bro! How about links, any yet?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:You folks won't leave Azeez alone to try to reclaim his shirt at Granada...

I wonder, Gotti! I thought friendly games are to try new players and tactics - in most cases - which I think the absence of several of our established players provides such opportunity.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:FIFA clear Akpoguma for Nigeria, so he's free to play the friendlies.
Good! Finally, it's all cleared. Now, let's see how his presence (inclusion) will turn out
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote:

It still remains a valid shout as I wonder why the same logic isn't applied to the likes of Musa, Jamilu Collins, Ekong Alampasu and Okoye who've been bench warming at weaker leagues even... having only 3 options in that midfield is not close to enough no matter how you try and force the Ajayi DM option for someone that's a very average ball distributor.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote:
Gotti wrote:

It still remains a valid shout as I wonder why the same logic isn't applied to the likes of Musa, Jamilu Collins, Ekong Alampasu and Okoye who've been bench warming at weaker leagues even... having only 3 options in that midfield is not close to enough no matter how you try and force the Ajayi DM option for someone that's a very average ball distributor.
Esp with 2 back to back games...it’s why he was on the standby list and not the Mechanic :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Esp with 2 back to back games...it’s why he was on the standby list and not the Mechanic :biggrin:
Maceo4,

But it is false to claim that there are only 3 central midfielders available. That isn't just true.

One thing that Rohr and his crew have done admirably is use players who play multiple positions. If we still have not recognized that, then I am truly surprised. We have even had Iheanacho withdrawn to a supporting role behind the most advanced strikers, we saw Samuel Kalu play as wing back, we saw Shehu play in both midfield and wing back, we saw Ola Aina play in both wide back positions, we saw Iwobi play wide and in advanced midfield, we saw Musa play striker and wide midfield, we saw Ajayi play in midfield and CD, we saw Awaziem play wing back and central back, etc etc. There are other examples. I am totally unconcerned with how players are listed by the NFF on paper to state the least. Rohr can replace the player with Azeez or whoever. It, realistically, will matter little.

This conversation makes one feel that guys think that a player can just play in only one position and nothing else. In real life, that isn't just true. In this SE, that is patently not true.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu I am fully aware that Ajayi can play at DM.

Its great we have players who can play multiple positions.

This wouldn't be as much a problem if we were only playing one match, but we are playing 2.

Keep in mind Ajayi is one of our starting CB, so for him to play DM would disrupt the team.

Then Onyeka is a newbie, as is Tijani who is but 18, and frankly shouldn't even have been called. Agu is the only CM who has ever played for us, and not very much at that.

Injuries can happen, and we are in an era of Covid, where a player can suddenly be unavailable because he contracts the disease. It frankly is not smart to be doing what Rohr is doing. Azeez should be called , no ifs ands or buts. He even had an assist in his last match, yet he shouldn't even be called when our midfield is paper thin ?

This would even give Azeez a chance to stake a claim in the midfield pecking order. It would be nice to see what he can do given a whole match.