ONUACHU May have played his last game in greenwhitegreen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ONUACHU May have played his last game in greenwhitegreen

Post by jette1 »

He Would not make any of our local teams, not even icc or whatever they are called these days
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: ONUACHU May have played his last game in greenwhitegreen

Post by olu »

He got little service. Lewnadoski or Harry Kane would have struggled to score if they played for Nigeria today.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abi no free-throws abi PKs for him to score in this game. How any coach can give that guy 70+ minutes is beyond me. Rohr stubborn sha, let Simy another useless player score one or two goals Rohr go call am again sharp sharp, who knows what he sees in these tall subpar strikers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onuachu is a basketball player that somehow missed his way and found himself playing football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote:He got little service. Lewnadoski or Harry Kane would have struggled to score if they played for Nigeria today.
It’s not about scoring he couldn’t hold on to the ball or connect with his teammates. The ball was sticking more with Kelechi and sticks even more with Osimhen and they are able to control the ball under pressure or find quick accurate one touch passes to keep the ball cycling rather than losing it constantly putting us back under pressure. Then he is slow and lumbering so can’t keep up with our fast attacks, he’s also not really good at using his height advantage. It’s so weird he should be dominating in the air, he does not.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
olu wrote:He got little service. Lewnadoski or Harry Kane would have struggled to score if they played for Nigeria today.
It’s not about scoring he couldn’t hold on to the ball or connect with his teammates. The ball was sticking more with Kelechi and sticks even more with Osimhen and they are able to control the ball under pressure or find quick accurate one touch passes to keep the ball cycling rather than losing it constantly putting us back under pressure. Then he is slow and lumbering so can’t keep up with our fast attacks, he’s also not really good at using his height advantage. It’s so weird he should be dominating in the air, he does not.
You also need to call out all those lamenting why he was not called up ahead of Dessers "because he is keeping Dessers on the bench at their club"; :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
You also need to call out all those lamenting why he was not called up ahead of Dessers "because he is keeping Dessers on the bench at their club"; :idea:
Maybe he works better for his club doesn’t mean he should automatically get the nod over Dessers who might end up fitting better into the SE...Iheanacho has been a ball boy all season but is clearly a better quality player than the NBA subparstar...he's had enough chances, give others a chance haba, Sadiq Umar dey there, he's tall too, he was scoring too, why can't he even make the stand-by list. You only have to see Onuachu once or twice to realize he doesn't belong...why persist?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Maybe he works better for his club doesn’t mean he should automatically get the nod over Dessers who might end up fitting better into the SE...Iheanacho has been a ball boy all season but is clearly a better quality player than the NBA subparstar...he's had enough chances, give others a chance haba, Sadiq Umar dey there, he's tall too, he was scoring too, why can't he even make the stand-by list. You only have to see Onuachu once or twice to realize he doesn't belong...why persist?

Paul would have been a great addition to the 94 team.
94 team had a solid midfield, and with solid overlapping wingers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
He lost his marker for our goal.

The guy who beat him in the air is much smaller.

Onuachu is a wastepipe.

Make nobody mention his name again.

I don't care if he is top scorer in Belgium or the moon.

He is not a fit for SE PERIOD.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He needs to work harder. I didn't like how he kept drifting into offside positions. Also poor hold up play. We don't have good crossers in the team. So I don't see the value of having Onauchu in the teram
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote:
:thumbs:

Nothing more to add.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I agree with you 100%
I'm just pointing out how everyone seems to know better until proven otherwise and will call into question the intelligence of anyone that has a different perspective.
Those experts calling for "Onuachu before Dessers" are now mysteriously silent. :lol:

Apart from Kanu and Ibrahimovic, I cant think of any really tall strikers that I've admired.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I agree with you 100%
I'm just pointing out how everyone seems to know better until proven otherwise and will call into question the intelligence of anyone that has a different perspective.
Those experts calling for "Onuachu before Dessers" are now mysteriously silent. :lol:

Apart from Kanu and Ibrahimovic, I cant think of any really tall strikers that I've admired.
Fernando Llorente is not bad but he is too inconsistent.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, Onuachu was not particularly bad but the chances for him to be successful given the way Nigeria played was indeed low. You could see that he is effective when the ball was in the air and reachable. Yet, very few of those opportunities occurred and surprisingly the set pieces were not particularly aimed at him. Instead, the set pieces appeared to be directed at the back end seeking a runner from deep. Onuachu was mostly positioned at the front end, if I remember correctly. In my view, those are things that they can work work on. However, you wonder if that is what Rohr is concerned about given his recent talk where he indicated that the team does/would not vary its game because of a particular player. I remember, for instance, how Nigeria scored a lot in the air with Agali simply because Amodu worked particularly on this aspect. Agali was not good with the ball on the ground but was devastating in the air. Thus, in my view, it all depends on the manager and his strategy working with such a player.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enugu II wrote:In my view, Onuachu was not particularly bad but the chances for him to be successful given the way Nigeria played was indeed low. You could see that he is effective when the ball was in the air and reachable. Yet, very few of those opportunities occurred and surprisingly the set pieces were not particularly aimed at him. Instead, the set pieces appeared to be directed at the back end seeking a runner from deep. Onuachu was mostly positioned at the front end, if I remember correctly. In my view, those are things that they can work work on. However, you wonder if that is what Rohr is concerned about given his recent talk where he indicated that the team does/would not vary its game because of a particular player. I remember, for instance, how Nigeria scored a lot in the air with Agali simply because Amodu worked particularly on this aspect. Agali was not good with the ball on the ground but was devastating in the air. Thus, in my view, it all depends on the manager and his strategy working with such a player.

It sounds like you agree that Rohr is the problem
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, Onuachu was not particularly bad but the chances for him to be successful given the way Nigeria played was indeed low. You could see that he is effective when the ball was in the air and reachable. Yet, very few of those opportunities occurred and surprisingly the set pieces were not particularly aimed at him. Instead, the set pieces appeared to be directed at the back end seeking a runner from deep. Onuachu was mostly positioned at the front end, if I remember correctly. In my view, those are things that they can work work on. However, you wonder if that is what Rohr is concerned about given his recent talk where he indicated that the team does/would not vary its game because of a particular player. I remember, for instance, how Nigeria scored a lot in the air with Agali simply because Amodu worked particularly on this aspect. Agali was not good with the ball on the ground but was devastating in the air. Thus, in my view, it all depends on the manager and his strategy working with such a player.

It sounds like you agree that Rohr is the problem
ANC,

On Onuachu, yes. However, inspite of that, I will not pass a judgment yet on Rohr. That judgment will be dependent on outcomes in significant tournaments and not just after a friendly game.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The so called basketballer don hang another basket today o!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:The so called basketballer don hang another basket today o!
The defending was comical. He was completely unmarked and the Genk attacker had all the time in the world to pick him out with a pinpoint cross.

No way he gets that amount of space or time in an international match.

Onuachu remains one dimensional and not a fit for SE whether he scores a million club goals or not.

We should be looking at Josh Maja and Terrem Moffitt who are playing and scoring in superior leagues and have much more to offer.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote:The so called basketballer don hang another basket today o!

To quote the late Amodu RIP. He can score in the moon but he will never play for the Super Eagles.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I would not write him off after a one average performance, but what service did Nacho get?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I won't write him off yet. Most of the games he has started for Nigeria we have created very few chances. Against Algeria we had an inactive midfield. Similarly, in the CAN game against Burundi in which he started Mikel was the AM, and our build-up play in that game was labored and slow. I'm almost certain his performance against Algeria would have been better if we had our regular midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Iwobi on the pitch.

He does not have the ability to drift out wide or chase down every lose ball like Osimhen, so he needs balls fed to him to be effective.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

olu wrote:I won't write him off yet. Most of the games he has started for Nigeria we have created very few chances. Against Algeria we had an inactive midfield. Similarly, in the CAN game against Burundi in which he started Mikel was the AM, and our build-up play in that game was labored and slow. I'm almost certain his performance against Algeria would have been better if we had our regular midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Iwobi on the pitch.

He does not have the ability to drift out wide or chase down every lose ball like Osimhen, so he needs balls fed to him to be effective.
Put Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi/Ejaria in that midfield and Onuachu will score goals, I won't write him off yet till he plays with a more balanced squad... even prime Ronaldo will struggle with that garbage makeshift midfield we put out in the friendly matches.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
olu wrote:I won't write him off yet. Most of the games he has started for Nigeria we have created very few chances. Against Algeria we had an inactive midfield. Similarly, in the CAN game against Burundi in which he started Mikel was the AM, and our build-up play in that game was labored and slow. I'm almost certain his performance against Algeria would have been better if we had our regular midfield trio of Ndidi, Aribo, and Iwobi on the pitch.

Put Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi/Ejaria in that midfield and Onuachu will score goals, I won't write him off yet till he plays with a more balanced squad... even prime Ronaldo will struggle with that garbage makeshift midfield we put out in the friendly matches.
The only time he’s scored was with a makeshift team, he’s played with the starters and caused no treat to the like of lowly Burundi and had zero threat until he was subbed. I don’t know how many chances he needs, worse yet is choosing him over players playing in better leagues.
Super Eagus 4 Life!