What is the latest on Umar Sadiq?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
What is the latest on Umar Sadiq?

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like a solid backup to Osimhen. Is he injured? Why is he not in Rohr plans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEP8cT9pXI[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: What is the latest on Umar Sadiq?

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like how he hustles and sets up his team mates. Could be a solid depth player. We can play quicker in transition with him. Don't have to slow down the play with some one like Onauchu.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we gotta think outside the box sometimes.

I know Sadiq did himself no favours by going to Segunda, and many me say we should not look at him but we need a quality backup for Osimehn because Iheanacho and Onuachu are not it, and Dessers seems to be in bad form.

With Sadiq we have pace, height (Rohr loves) , skill and technique, the ability to score AND CREATE.

This is a player we need, not basketball players like Onuachu and Nwankwo, and not pot bellied bench warmers like Iheanacho.

Please we must give Sadiq a chance.

I think he is what SE needs as a backup to Osimehn.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iheanacho is also a good solid depth player. I don't like Onauchu game. He doesn't fit into what I want for the Eagles.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I have not been following his career. So he is now with Almeria. Hopefully they are promoted to La Liga. Segunda is a good league. The quality is good.

Looks like a good prospect. He is still 23. Has not even hit his prime yet. Am I missing something here? Why is Rohr over looking this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMGmBO5_Lk[/video]

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I have not been following his career. So he is now with Almeria. Hopefully they are promoted to La Liga. Segunda is a good league. The quality is good.

Looks like a good prospect. He is still 23. Has not even hit his prime yet. Am I missing something here? Why is Rohr over looking this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMGmBO5_Lk[/video]
Same reason you overlooked him! You do not even know his club meaning you are yet to watch him this season :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He was on the cusp of the national team, then he had that disastrous spell in Scotland with Rangers. That's what set him back in terms of a call-up.

But he was in brilliant form last season and is likely on the doorstep of a national team invitation once again.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sadiq is not what we need right now. He is not good enough. He still has time to improve.

I will take Peter Olayinka ahead of Sadiq, Onuachu, Dessers and Kelechi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Umar Sadiq is 23 and he is about reach his prime. Got to have long term thinking not short term thinking.

He should be brought into the National team. The SE need a progressive coach. If Rohr had his way Ighalo would still be the starter and Osimhen would be on the bench. We all remember how he was playing Ighalo at the nations cup and refused to play Osimhen. He even didn't want Ighalo to retire and tried to get him back.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote:Sadiq is not what we need right now. He is not good enough. He still has time to improve.

I bet if Olayinka was invited you'd call for Sadiq to Ben invited instead. On CE the striker not invited is always the best one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Umar Sadiq is 23 and he is about reach his prime. Got to have long term thinking not short term thinking.

He should be brought into the National team. The SE need a progressive coach. If Rohr had his way Ighalo would still be the starter and Osimhen would be on the bench. We all remember how he was playing Ighalo at the nations cup and refused to play Osimhen. He even didn't want Ighalo to retire and tried to get him back.
I was one who was against Ighalos return to SE, but make no mistake, I will take Ighalo over Onuachu or Iheanacho ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Osimehn is our undisputed #1 but after that until someone proves otherwise in GWG Ighalo is #2.

I want to see what Dessers, Sadiq, and Maja can bring to SE, but for now IMO Ighalo is #2.

Iheanacho and Onuachu need to step.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The SE is far from been a finished article. CE should not be advocating for the non invitation of any player. Onauchu certainly didn't play well yesterday. Musa still can't cross the ball well and etc. Call Sadiq up, lets see what he can do. If he is not good enough, find somebody else.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Umar Sadiq is 23 and he is about reach his prime. Got to have long term thinking not short term thinking.

I was one who was against Ighalos return to SE, but make no mistake, I will take Ighalo over Onuachu or Iheanacho ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Osimehn is our undisputed #1 but after that until someone proves otherwise in GWG Ighalo is #2.

I want to see what Dessers, Sadiq, and Maja can bring to SE, but for now IMO Ighalo is #2.

Inviting Ighalo would be a waste of valuable caps. He is too old and he is not even playing for his club regularly. Iheancho should have moved to a different club on loan. Iheanacho is still a good player. He is just suffering from lack of playing time. Ighalo should stay retired. The Eagles should move forward and have a long term strategy. We need youth and we should continue to always add youth.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:

This should be a lesson to you and your ilk. You guys are always are always shouting that someone should be removed from the team. Ighalo was a productive goalscorer for us but a lot of folks only chose to focus on his negatives. Now that he's decided to leave the national team for you people una still dey shout.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Inviting Ighalo would be a waste of valuable caps. He is too old and he is not even playing for his club regularly. Iheancho should have moved to a different club on loan. Iheanacho is still a good player. He is just suffering from lack of playing time. Ighalo should stay retired. The Eagles should move forward and have a long term strategy. We need youth and we should continue to always add youth.
I agree that we should be finding replacements, but Onuachu is not it, he's had many chances and never taken them. Iheanacho wasn't dropped from the ANC squad for no reason, and he is yet to justify any return to the team, he needs to find a new club and work on his game and fitness, until then I dont want to see him.

I want to see Dessers, Sadiq, Maja. Rohr should forget about that basketball player and the pot bellied bench warmer and look at these guys.

Until any of those guys prove anything, if the WC was to start today, I will take only 2 out and out strikers and they will be Osimehn and Ighalo.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote:Sadiq is not what we need right now. He is not good enough. He still has time to improve.

So says the agent
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No to Ighalo. He should stay retired. Makes no sense if we building a team for next world cup.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:

So says the agent
Abi, at least Olayinka has gotten a chance under Rohr, why can’t Sadiq get one training session just to show if he can fit in. I think he’s done enough to at least get the chance to train with SE...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
Enyi wrote:

So says the agent
Abi, at least Olayinka has gotten a chance under Rohr, why can’t Sadiq get one training session just to show if he can fit in. I think he’s done enough to at least get the chance to train with SE...

He's certainly did enough last season. We'll now have to observe his progress in Spain. Playing in the 2nd division doesn't help.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

so what happened to Awoniyi?