Thoughts on the Game & 2nd Viewing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Thoughts on the Game & 2nd Viewing

Post by vancity eagle »

First off, this Algeria team is a very good team, and people should keep that in context.

SE looked much better against both Brazil and Ukraine than against this Algeria side.

Remember this same team embarassed Colombia 3-0 a year ago. When was the last time Colombia lost so heavily, I would look that up.

Now to the match.

Algeria were simply fitter, than high pressed us leaving our guys with no space to operate, they were full of running, our guys did not seem fit.

Zaidu and Ebuehi both looked good at wing back.

None of our players was above a 7 out of 10

Chukwueze needs to step up, he has been dissapointing for a while both for club and country, his game has stagnated and he is refusing to go beyond his one trick pony. The Algerians dealt with him easily, as they did in the ANC semi final. Guy needs to improve, and in fact he needs to sit down on the bench. With the emergence of Lookman and Ejuke, I dont think he should start anymore. Rohr needs to have a long talk with this guy. He has potential, but he could also end up an upgraded version of Pius Ikedia if he is not careful.

I dont care for Onuachu, and I dont want to see him in GWG EVER AGAIN. I dont care if he scores a million goals in Belgium, he is not the type of forward SE need especially since we dont have any quality crossers of the ball. Gerrrout.

Iheanacho also needs to be cut and not called back until he gets a consistent run of games. Dude looked like he had been eating and drinking all during the Covid Lockdown. What a disgrace. This is a professional footballer ?

Let us see Dessers, for me after Osimehn we need to look at faster and more technical strikers. Even Musa I would prefer up top over Onuachu or Iheanacho. Those 2 are not it.

Iwobi tried but it was an impossible task. He was crowded out by the rampaging Algerians.

Kalu also needs to step up.

Musa has no business in SE as a winger, not with all the current players we have. Let him compete for a striker positon and nothing else. Please. What is Rohr's infatuation with this player.

Lets see how we play against Tunisia before we draw any major conclusions.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thoughts on the Game

Post by Gotti »

Interesting how some folks seemingly develop perspective and solicit rationality soon as our coach’s passport changes...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote:Interesting how some folks seemingly develop perspective and solicit rationality soon as our coach’s passport changes...
You dey mind them. People that asked for the sack of Amodu for playing a DRAW with France in France :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote:
Gotti wrote:Interesting how some folks seemingly develop perspective and solicit rationality soon as our coach’s passport changes...
You dey mind them. People that asked for the sack of Amodu for playing a DRAW with France in France :)

who asked for that ?

Now you just make up lies.

and for the record I was defending SSS AFTER WE FAILED TO QUALIFY FOR ANC. I was against his sack after he failed to qualify for a common ANC.

keep making this a stupid foreign vs local argument you silly bushman.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

wanaj0 wrote:
He beat France!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Algeria is okay. I wouldn't say they are very good. But compared to the Eagles today they are very good. Nigeria was poor. Which is understandable for a meaningless friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

We beat France ^^
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote:First off, this Algeria team is a very good team, and people should keep that in context.

SE looked much better against both Brazil and Ukraine than against this Algeria side.

Remember this same team embarassed Colombia 3-0 a year ago. When was the last time Colombia lost so heavily, I would look that up.

Now to the match.

Algeria were simply fitter, than high pressed us leaving our guys with no space to operate, they were full of running, our guys did not seem fit.

Zaidu and Ebuehi both looked good at wing back.

None of our players was above a 7 out of 10

Chukwueze needs to step up, he has been dissapointing for a while both for club and country, his game has stagnated and he is refusing to go beyond his one trick pony. The Algerians dealt with him easily, as they did in the ANC semi final. Guy needs to improve, and in fact he needs to sit down on the bench. With the emergence of Lookman and Ejuke, I dont think he should start anymore. Rohr needs to have a long talk with this guy. He has potential, but he could also end up an upgraded version of Pius Ikedia if he is not careful.

I dont care for Onuachu, and I dont want to see him in GWG EVER AGAIN. I dont care if he scores a million goals in Belgium, he is not the type of forward SE need especially since we dont have any quality crossers of the ball. Gerrrout.

Iheanacho also needs to be cut and not called back until he gets a consistent run of games. Dude looked like he had been eating and drinking all during the Covid Lockdown. What a disgrace. This is a professional footballer ?

Let us see Dessers, for me after Osimehn we need to look at faster and more technical strikers. Even Musa I would prefer up top over Onuachu or Iheanacho. Those 2 are not it.

Iwobi tried but it was an impossible task. He was crowded out by the rampaging Algerians.

Kalu also needs to step up.

Musa has no business in SE as a winger, not with all the current players we have. Let him compete for a striker positon and nothing else. Please. What is Rohr's infatuation with this player.

Lets see how we play against Tunisia before we draw any major conclusions.
Nothing has changed with you. You are still not an Iheanacho fan. That’s the only thing discernible from your comments❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The making of sausage is never as sweet as the final product, what we saw today was an experimental team trying to find its strength during its first game. Its unreasonable to expect the SE to come out blazing vs a well drilled Afcon Champs like Algeria. Algeria scored through a lucky bounce of the ball, dominated the MF but huffed and puffed to create any clear cut chances.

POSITIVES

1, SANUSI-------- One of the best defensive efforts I've seen against Mahrez. This boy is a top notch LB. No wonder Porto snapped him up and sent Zelles packing. Excellent debut!

2, OKOYE ------------ We found a keeper here folks. Confident, organises the defense well , good with,not a vampire and rather agile for his size. If he ever gets regular time in Holland Uzoho will be in trouble.

3, EBUEHI ‐------------ A joy to see him getting back to his best self even though he seems to be a step slower. More games should fix that.

NEGATIVES

1, THE WINGERS ------- We have too many so called wingers who are just not productive enough to be starting yet let alone together. Chukwueze and Kalu starting together should never happen again. They're too similar and offer very little attacking output, their lack of defensive discipline puts more pressure on the MF. Iwobi and Simon should move to the left wing, no more cul-de-sac sac wingers.

2, ONYEKA ----‐-- I felt sorry for him and Ajayi. They were simply overwhelmed in MF but had little in terms of technical ability to do much but hustle. I'll give Onyeka a pass and take a raincheck on judging him until I see him in a more balanced team.

THE UNAPPRECIATED

ONUACHU --------- what was he supposed to do? He got absolutely no service whatsoever but won his aerial duels and flicked on a few balls. Was he suppose to run into lanes that weren't open to score imaginary goals? Players like him need a stable MF and wing play to flourish. Judging him harshly is tantamount to football ignorance.

CONCLUSION ‐-‐--------- it was just a friendly afteral. ROHR must be happy as he got to see a few new players perform and got reassurance about the ability of others that haven't played in a while.
Has to be stoked about Okoye and Sanusi and happy to see Ebuehi performing again.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The making of sausage is never as sweet as the final product, what we saw today was an experimental team trying to find its strength during its first game. Its unreasonable to expect the SE to come out blazing vs a well drilled Afcon Champs like Algeria. Algeria scored through a lucky bounce of the ball, dominated the MF but huffed and puffed to create any clear cut chances.

POSITIVES

1, SANUSI-------- One of the best defensive efforts I've seen against Mahrez. This boly is a top notch LB. No wonder Porto snapped him up and sent Zelles packing. Excellent debut!

2, OKOYE ------------ We found a keeper here folks. Confident, prganises the defense well , good with,not a vampire and rather agile for his size. If he ever gets regular time in Holland Uzoho will be in trouble.

3, EBUEHI ‐------------ A joy to see him getting back to his best self even though he seems to be a step slower. More games should fix that.

NEGATIVES

1, THE WINGERS ------- We have too many so called wingers who are just not productive enough to be starting yet let alone together. Chukwueze and Kalu starting together should never happen again. They're too similar and offer very little attacking output, their lack of defensive disciplined laso,puts more pressure on the MF. Iwobi and Simon should move to the left wing, no more cul-de-sac sac wingers.

2, ONYEKA ----‐-- I felt sorry for him and Ajayi. They were simply overwhelmed in MF b u t had little in terms technical ability to do much but hustle. I'll give Onyeka a pass and take a raincheck on judging him until I see him in a more balanced team.

THE UNAPPRECIATED

ONUACHU --------- what was he supposed to do? He got absolutely no service whatsoever but won his aerial duels and flicked on a few balls. Was he suppose to run into lanes that weren't open to score imaginary goals? Players like him need a stable MF and wing play to flourish. Judging him harshly is tantamount to football ignorance.

CONCLUSION ‐-‐--------- it was just a friendly afteral. ROHR must be happy as he got to see a few new players perform and got reassurance about the ability of others that haven't played in a while.
Has to be stoked about Okoye and Sanusi and happy to see Ebuehi performing again.
The thing that annoys me about this argument esp when you bring Algeria into it, is they built the sausage in about half the time that Rohr has had. Remember how this exact same set of players was so poor and we whooped them home and outplayed them away what 2 years ago. They appoint the appropriate coach and 2 years later they are African champs playing us off the part, and we are still talking about how we need to give our coach even longer to build and how impatient we are. While Algeria is an example of getting rid of the coach that couldn't bring out the best from the talented players they had and appointed one who immediately did and they are on a 19 game winning streak. Abeg, make we just put that excuse to one side, the players we used today weren't good enough, but we are also not well coached and need to stop talking about giving the bobo more and more time to produce. We know what he can produce, he's been very consistent average, he can't take a mediocre set of players and get them to play above their level, in fact his tactics stifles the few useful ones we have.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
who asked for that ?

and for the record I was defending SSS AFTER WE FAILED TO QUALIFY FOR ANC. I was against his sack after he failed to qualify for a common ANC.

Amodu qualified us for the ANC with a 100% record (undefeated and untied, home and away), conceding merely 1 goal (an own-goal) in the process, and you still PERSONALLY and VEHEMENTLY campaigned for him to be fired. So make of it whatever you may, you subjugated townsman.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The making of sausage is never as sweet as the final product, what we saw today was an experimental team trying to find its strength during its first game. Its unreasonable to expect the SE to come out blazing vs a well drilled Afcon Champs like Algeria. Algeria scored through a lucky bounce of the ball, dominated the MF but huffed and puffed to create any clear cut chances.

POSITIVES

1, SANUSI-------- One of the best defensive efforts I've seen against Mahrez. This boly is a top notch LB. No wonder Porto snapped him up and sent Zelles packing. Excellent debut!

2, OKOYE ------------ We found a keeper here folks. Confident, prganises the defense well , good with,not a vampire and rather agile for his size. If he ever gets regular time in Holland Uzoho will be in trouble.

NEGATIVES

1, THE WINGERS ------- We have too many so called wingers who are just not productive enough to be starting yet let alone together. Chukwueze and Kalu starting together should never happen again. They're too similar and offer very little attacking output, their lack of defensive disciplined laso,puts more pressure on the MF. Iwobi and Simon should move to the left wing, no more cul-de-sac sac wingers.

2, ONYEKA ----‐-- I felt sorry for him and Ajayi. They were simply overwhelmed in MF b u t had little in terms technical ability to do much but hustle. I'll give Onyeka a pass and take a raincheck on judging him until I see him in a more balanced team.

THE UNAPPRECIATED

The thing that annoys me about this argument esp when you bring Algeria into it, is they built the sausage in about half the time that Rohr has had. Remember how this exact same set of players was so poor and we whooped them home and outplayed them away what 2 years ago. They appoint the appropriate coach and 2 years later they are African champs playing us off the part, and we are still talking about how we need to give our coach even longer to build and how impatient we are. While Algeria is an example of getting rid of the coach that couldn't bring out the best from the talented players they had and appointed one who immediately did and they are on a 19 game winning streak. Abeg, make we just put that excuse to one side, the players we used today weren't good enough, but we are also not well coached and need to stop talking about giving the bobo more and more time to produce. We know what he can produce, he's been very consistent average, he can't take a mediocre set of players and get them to play above their level, in fact his tactics stifles the few useful ones we have.

You are right that "Rohr needs time" cannot be an excuse.

Also Algeria were missing or did not play just as many regulars, IF NOT MORE, than us. So its a poor argument.

Our guys did not look fit.

Chukwueze has been putting up subpar performances for a while and gets a pass because of his "superstar" status.

Rohr needs to be more cut throat, get rid of the chaffe (Onuachu, Musa, Iheanacho, Collins) and bench players who are not performing (Chukwueze, Kalu, )

Some of these players man, darn.

I'm not gonna freak yet, this is a team that has played very well of late (Ukraine, Brazil, Lesotho) so I will wait til Tunisia I expect a much better performance.

And I expect certain players to have played themselves out of contention after these 2 matches.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

THE UNAPPRECIATED

The SE knocked Algeria out of the world cup with a different set of players, that team is done. Vic Mo, Mike, and Ighalo were the leaders, all have since retired. The Algerian team is much further ahead in their development than our current squad is. Even at that I didn't see anything to suggest that they can beat a fully fit SE team home or away.

What we need now is the patience to develop a truly class team. We have to field experimental teams, mix and match until we find the right combo and this is the time to do it. Remember, you were once dancing atilogu on your keyboard when we beat Argentina 4-1, where did that get us?

Add Ndid and Aribo we likely don't lose this game. Add Osihmen and we're likely scoring at least 1 goal. Chill! We're looking for a team to make at the the WC semis nit one that can only beat Algeria.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

for what its worth this is how the Algerians rated their players, on their website

Alexandre Oukidja (6.5)
Reda Halaimia (6.5)
Mehdi Tahrat (6)
Aïssa Mandi (7)
Ramy Bensebaini (7.5)
Haris Belkebla (6)
Mehdi Abeid (6.5)
Farid Boulaya (7)
Said Benrahma (6.5)
Andy Delort (5.5)
Riyad Mahrez (5)

For Mahrez and Delort (who is tearing up ligue 1) to get 5s and Benrahma to get a 6.5 shows me our defence did well.

Also their midfield was completely experimental like ours, with not even one regular starter. They were missing more starters overall than we were.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

THE UNAPPRECIATED

The SE knocked Algeria out of the world cup with a different set of players, that team is done. Vic Mo, Mike, and Ighalo were the leaders, all have since retired. The Algerian team is much further ahead in their development than our current squad is. Even at that I didn't see anything to suggest that they can beat a fully fit SE team home or away.

What we need now is the patience to develop a truly class team. We have to field experimental teams, mix and match until we find the right combo and this is the time to do it. Remember, you were once dancing atilogu on your keyboard when we beat Argentina 4-1, where did that get us?

Add Ndid and Aribo we likely don't lose this game. Add Osihmen and we're likely scoring at least 1 goal. Chill! We're looking for a team to make at the the WC semis nit one that can only beat Algeria.
Look at VEs post, they also didn’t start with their first team. There’s no way you can assume we will beat them till we do, regardless of who our personnel is we are still hampered by the same coach.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Which people, eh? Why don't you give us the names, Gotti?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Algeria is okay. I wouldn't say they are very good. But compared to the Eagles today they are very good. Nigeria was poor. Which is understandable for a meaningless friendly.
Ohenhen1, when are you going to STOP this your belief the game is 'meaningless?' Do you not know FIFA is watching and will add the friendlies in computing their RANKINGS? If I am correct, then the friendly is NOT meaningless
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
who asked for that ?

Amodu qualified us for the ANC with a 100% record (undefeated and untied, home and away), conceding merely 1 goal (an own-goal) in the process, and you still PERSONALLY and VEHEMENTLY campaigned for him to be fired. So make what you may, you subjugated townsman.
The same person that wished DEATH on a coach just because of the colour of his skin. Even winning an ANC trophy at FIRST attempt by Keshi was not good enough. Always willing to make excuses for any 'white' journeyman. :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

THE UNAPPRECIATED

Look at VEs post, they also didn’t start with their first team. There’s no way you can assume we will beat them till we do, regardless of who our personnel is we are still hampered by the same coach.
Beating Algeria in a meaningless game in Austria means nothing. Staying on course to fully developing our team is what matters. This Algeria team is good but they're no match for the SE i envision. The hardest partvof building a top team is discovering the players that can do the job.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Throw Aribo and Osimhen in this game and the outcome would have been different. Next game I want to see what the likes of Chidera Ejike, Tijani, Dessers can do.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:Throw Aribo and Osimhen in this game and the outcome would have been different. Next game I want to see what the likes of Chidera Ejike, Tijani, Dessers can do.
Wait till Ejaria and Nwakali join the team. Just wait.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tobi17 wrote:Throw Aribo and Osimhen in this game and the outcome would have been different. Next game I want to see what the likes of Chidera Ejike, Tijani, Dessers can do.
Wait till Ejaria and Nwakali join the team. Just wait.
Ejaria, Lookman and Nwakali will bring some serious creative edge to this team.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote:

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

THE UNAPPRECIATED

Someone is Finally making sense here! The coach is not good enough, period! How can you be in charge of a team for 4yrs and your team can't even string 4 passes together without losing the ball? How can you coach a team for so many years and your team ends most of the matches with zero or one shot on goal in an entire match? Even against a team like Madagascar! I can't remember one single tournament game that the team really played good football. Why force yourself to keep a coach that is not bringing the desired result?