Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Orion wrote:It's time to ditch that green jersey. I'm not superstitious or making excuses for Rohr but we've lost too many games with that dark green. It's beginning to stretch beyond just pure coincidence.

Could there be a logical reason? Maybe, but we don't even need to know. Just change it. Our greens were never that dark anyway.
:rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
The defensive coach and his team scored 12 goals in their six WC qualifying matches (4 more than the team that came 2nd) in the group that had Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.

Our main problem today compared to the WC team is the lack of QUALITY in our midfield.
How many goals did we concede in Afcon?
Scored 9, conceded 7. Positive GD.
Lolly, do you know the last time SE conceded 7 goals in AfCON?
Hence why I have never described Rohr as a defensive coach. His defensive record is not that great. But he is good at building a team but I don't trust his scouting. He qualified easily for AFCON on the back of a good set of players. Once we lost a few of the good ones, he has struggled to replace them with similar or better quality.

And since we lost Enyeama, we have not had good goalkeepers. Though it is just another excuse and its up to the coach to scout for a good replacement. But if you watch our recent matches, you can see why we concede so many goals.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Orion wrote:It's time to ditch that green jersey. I'm not superstitious or making excuses for Rohr but we've lost too many games with that dark green. It's beginning to stretch beyond just pure coincidence.

Could there be a logical reason? Maybe, but we don't even need to know. Just change it. Our greens were never that dark anyway.
:rotf:
Oga, this is no longer a laughing matter o. I think we've lost about 80% of the games played in that dark green. I can only count about 2 that we won. A huge contrast with the other jersey, even when you take the 'home and away' element into consideration as most of the games were played on neutral soil.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
The defensive coach and his team scored 12 goals in their six WC qualifying matches (4 more than the team that came 2nd) in the group that had Zambia, Algeria and Cameroon.

Our main problem today compared to the WC team is the lack of QUALITY in our midfield.
Hence why I have never described Rohr as a defensive coach. His defensive record is not that great. But he is good at building a team but I don't trust his scouting. He qualified easily for AFCON on the back of a good set of players. Once we lost a few of the good ones, he has struggled to replace them with similar or better quality.

And since we lost Enyeama, we have not had good goalkeepers. Though it is just another excuse and its up to the coach to scout for a good replacement. But if you watch our recent matches, you can see why we concede so many goals.
Which team has he built?

Keshi won ANC at first try YET he was rubbished
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:
Which team has he built?

Qualification team, that is unbeaten during qualification. :tic:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Which team has he built?

By?
Pls name names. Don't recycle fake news and try and make it fact.
We need to know specifically who 'rubbished' him and specifically why, if he was.

Keshi's main 'rubbishing (if you can call it that) was for completely different reasons which nobody relishes talking about, especially now he has passed on.

The NFF 'rubbishing' of Keshi was political and we fans were never part of all that rubbish. In fact, it is on record here that we overwhelmingly condemned it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Which team has he built?

Ya'all have forgotten how bad Keshi was at the Confederations cup and in the months leading to him leaving. And remember we missed out on 2 AFCONS until Rohr turned up hence why I say he rebuilt the team.

I have my reasons for not liking Keshi and I am sure you know what it is. It has been discussed her so many times but I don't think it is necessary to bring it up again. The man is resting.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Yes. Probably acts as camouflage against the green grass to hide our players from each other :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sometimes when we laugh at the seemingly ridiculous, we miss an opportunity to gain new insights simply because we look at things too superficially.
I am equally as guilty.
For example, I don't believe juju exists, or many other so-called supernatural things exist, but I am willing to listen to new ideas and theories.

By no means am I suggesting anything supernatural here, but I have been compiling the results of the Super Eagles in the light and dark Nike kits since 2018.
I am up to date and the results are quite 'interesting' to say the least.

But the whole issue was discussed in the threads below last year and while some laugh it all off, some of us think there might be more to the dark and light kits than we are willing to consider.

At the end of the day, it is all part of the fun.

THE FATE OF THE DARK NIKE JERSEY - BY DAMUNK, JULY 2019
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=296186

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO BE THE AWAY TEAM - BY ROBBYNICE, JULY 2019
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295967

LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT DARK GREEN AWAY JERSEY - BY SCIPIO AFRICANUS, JULY 2019
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295805

I will post the data breakdown in a minute. :D
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote:

Sometimes when we laugh at the seemingly ridiculous, we miss an opportunity to gain new insights simply because we look at things too superficially.
I am equally as guilty.
For example, I don't believe juju exists, or many other so-called supernatural things exist, but I am willing to listen to new ideas and theories.

By no means am I suggesting anything supernatural here, but I have been compiling the results of the Super Eagles in the light and dark Nike kits since 2018.

But the whole issue was discussed in the threads below last year and while some laugh it all off, some of us think there might be more to the dark and light kits than we are willing to consider.

Thanks for the links. It's interesting that you pointed out a possible logical issue with the dark jersey on dark skin and how it may not contrast well against the grass. This is something NFF needs to investigate.

We can't prove it, but sometimes you just have to look at the data and make changes. In this case, go back to something we knew was OK - our old green shade.

I've seen posts hoping we're not wearing dark green for the next competitive game. If we're at a point now where fans are nervous about that jersey, then it's time for a change.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Note:
Ignore the double entry for Ukraine. It is a formatting error but only the one result came into the calculations.

My Observation:
The starkest thing that strikes me is our performance on neutral grounds in the dark jersey compared to in the bright jersey.
We've played eight games in each but notice the stark difference in performance outcomes.

There are other interesting patterns too but the general conclusion can be reached that we seem to play worse in the dark jerseys overall. However, though the numbers might be statistically insignificant, we have won ALL our FOUR games in dark green on home and away grounds.

I am happy for anyone to give their own interpretation of the stats but it seems to me that there might be something worth exploring.

If I had the time I would explore the results going as far back as ten years and also look into the Super Falcons and even the U20 teams.

Personally I think it is probably down to
a) The psychological (conscious and unconscious) and
b) The issue of 'peripheral vision'.

In elite sports, the difference between success and failure can be down to very tiny margins.

Disclaimer: To the Anti-Rohr Brigade.
NO. I am not "looking for excuses".
I am simply exploring the popular sentiment that we don't perform as well in our dark jerseys.
Not everything has to be Trumpian politics.
I simply find the subject matter fascinating :taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Disclaimer: To the Anti-Rohr Brigade.
I am simply exploring the popular sentiment that we don't perform as well in our dark jerseys.
First, it was the players (or lack thereof)

Second, It was building a new team

Now, it´s the jersey.

Excuse will be... Boots, weather, etc!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robbynice wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bushboy wrote:We could have played for 2 weeks and not scored. I doubt the Algerian goalkeeper made a single save the entire game.
However, it is understandable with the missing players (Ndidi, Osimhen, Aribo). We had flashes, but not enough.
Balogun is no longer international quality. We desperately need the German kids (Udokahi and Akpoguma). We also need depth out wide. Lookman is AN ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE!! There is still room for Emmanuel Dennis as well as Onyekuru.
Would have liked to see Dessers at 60 mins instead of Kelechi.
I take heart from the fact it was a friendly in an empty stadium with players together for the first time in ages. E go better!!
The same Balogun that stopped more than 3 clear changces from the Algerians.......OKay o
Baba the thing shock me oh. I was like did I watch the same game...smh
I swear :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:Image

Note:
Ignore the double entry for Ukraine. It is a formatting error but only the one result came into the calculations.

My Observation:
The starkest thing that strikes me is our performance on neutral grounds in the dark jersey compared to in the bright jersey.
We've played eight games in each but notice the stark difference in performance outcomes.

There are other interesting patterns too but the general conclusion can be reached that we seem to play worse in the dark jerseys overall. However, though the numbers might be statistically insignificant, we have won ALL our FOUR games in dark green on home and away grounds.

I am happy for anyone to give their own interpretation of the stats but it seems to me that there might be something worth exploring.

If I had the time I would explore the results going as far back as ten years and also look into the Super Falcons and even the U20 teams.

In elite sports, the difference between success and failure can be down to very tiny margins.

Damunk, you're one hell of a statistician, chei!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

fabio wrote:

Now, it´s the jersey.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Which team has he built?

By?
We need to know specifically who 'rubbished' him and specifically why, if he was.

Keshi's main 'rubbishing (if you can call it that) was for completely different reasons which nobody relishes talking about, especially now he has passed on.

The NFF 'rubbishing' of Keshi was political and we fans were never part of all that rubbish. In fact, it is on record here that we overwhelmingly condemned it.
Fake news??? That Keshi won ANC at First attempt?

That he was rubbished by the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Which team has he built?

Ya'all have forgotten how bad Keshi was at the Confederations cup and in the months leading to him leaving. And remember we missed out on 2 AFCONS until Rohr turned up hence why I say he rebuilt the team.

I have my reasons for not liking Keshi and I am sure you know what it is. It has been discussed her so many times but I don't think it is necessary to bring it up again. The man is resting.
Firstly you have to EARN the right to be at the Confederation cup. Let us wait till Rohr the builder of the best team EARN the right to grace the occasion.

Secondly his performance at the Confederation Cup is not worse than Rohrs performance at the WC

Keshi took a team that did not qualify in 2012 for the ANC to win the trophy in 2013 Yet was not considered to have built a team. That same team qualified for the 2nd round of the WC.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Orion wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I am equally as guilty.

Thanks for the links. It's interesting that you pointed out a possible logical issue with the dark jersey on dark skin and how it may not contrast well against the grass. This is something NFF needs to investigate.

We can't prove it, but sometimes you just have to look at the data and make changes. In this case, go back to something we knew was OK - our old green shade.

I've seen posts hoping we're not wearing dark green for the next competitive game. If we're at a point now where fans are nervous about that jersey, then it's time for a change.
I wonder how the players feel about the jerseys. I am sure they hear ramblings about how the fans feel
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:Image

Note:

My Observation:

yemiwoodberrybrassiere and kongi have won! :mad: :mad: :mad: Nobody with a gaddem job will have time to come up with these.... :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Which team has he built?

By?

Fake news??? That Keshi won ANC at First attempt?
Strawman.
That's not what I'm referring to nah, Alhaji.
That he was rubbished by the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew?
You know what the rubbishing was about but nobody wants to go there any more, so lets keep it that way. :D
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:

Thats the annoying part! He is conservative and Sets up his team to play defensive football and yet we conceed in every single game. How come?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, it's the FIRST-EVER time we have played in that particular shade of Green (looks almost Gray)...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

wanaj0 wrote:
fabio wrote:

Now, it´s the jersey.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I did not even see this before I responded to ORION...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL