BREAKING NEWS.... SAKA CALLED UP BY ENGLAND!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING NEWS.... SAKA CALLED UP BY ENGLAND!

Post by aruako1 »

marko wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:he was born in Greenford, his dad was born in London as well, what exactly is the issue??
The issue is that fans of any country he is eligible for will naturally be excited. All of you who talking about him being born in England do not realise that he is Nigerian until he renounces his citizenship. Again if he commits a serious crime, he can lose his British citizenship and be deported to Nigeria.

Most people wish him well but are dissapointed as fans.
You do know that there are a lot of British born people of Nigerian parentage who don’t have a green passport (and never applied) so they are not even Nigerian citizens!
In Nigeria's case, you don't need a green passport to be a citizen. The kid is a Nigerian and English citizen. Don't understand why there is an argument about his citizenship.
Not really arguing, yes he can claim Nigerian nationality due to his parents, facts! he is British and has represented England in several youth tournaments, facts, he is a good player, its only natural he represents England at senior level, facts!
You were literally arguing that one needs a Nigerian passport to become a Nigerian citizen if one is born in the UK.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
marko wrote:he was born in Greenford, his dad was born in London as well, what exactly is the issue??
The issue is that fans of any country he is eligible for will naturally be excited. All of you who talking about him being born in England do not realise that he is Nigerian until he renounces his citizenship. Again if he commits a serious crime, he can lose his British citizenship and be deported to Nigeria.

You do know that there are a lot of British born people of Nigerian parentage who don’t have a green passport (and never applied) so they are not even Nigerian citizens!
Many citizens do not have passports. A passport is merely a document that allows you to travel. It is one of the ways to prove citizenship but the absence of a passport does not mean that one is not a citizen. Millions of Britons and Americans do not have passports. Millions of Nigerians in Nigeria do not have passports.
I’m one of them (I’ve been insulted yeah) and I’ve loved Nigerian football since the late 80s both my parents are Nigerian citizens but how can someone be a citizen of a nation without being registered or recognised. Saka didn’t notify FIFA or Nigeria of anything Nigerian so how can he renounce anything to do with Nigeria officially?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... officially

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... sh/citizen
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Many citizens do not have passports. A passport is merely a document that allows you to travel. It is one of the ways to prove citizenship but the absence of a passport does not mean that one is not a citizen. Millions of Britons and Americans do not have passports. Millions of Nigerians in Nigeria do not have passports.
I’m one of them (I’ve been insulted yeah) and I’ve loved Nigerian football since the late 80s both my parents are Nigerian citizens but how can someone be a citizen of a nation without being registered or recognised. Saka didn’t notify FIFA or Nigeria of anything Nigerian so how can he renounce anything to do with Nigeria officially?

exactly my point, i take special interest on this topic because his dad and i have been friends since 1988! went same college in South London and university in west London! in fact, if i must add, when they gave him that name in a short ceremony, i was there!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Saka was a citizen of Nigeria the day he was born. There is no notificaton requirement for Nigerian citizenship. In some countries you have to affirm your citizenship when you reach a certain age or lose it (e.g. Zambia) but this does not apply to Nigeria).You can be a citizen of Nigeria and decide not to exercise your citizenship rights. It doesn't mean that you are no longer a citizen. In some countries (including Nigeria), you can renounce your citizenship. In some others (such as Iran you can't). So until Saka renounces the Nigerian citizenship he acquired at birth, he is Nigerian.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

exactly my point, i take special interest on this topic because his dad and i have been friends since 1988! went same college in South London and university in west London! in fact, if i must add, when they gave him that name in a short ceremony, i was there!
I remember you saying something before!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

aruako1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
aruako1 wrote: Aruako1, th main point is that professionally, the lad has moved on.

We shouldn't feel pained as Nigeria made no investment in him. England like any other land where Africans have settled deserve the pick of it's best talent. In this case, England have done well to recognise that this is an elite player they can't ignore.

I personally have no hard feelings. It would have been a different case I'd we had no Gareth Southgate wey nor send when it comes to racial representation and diversity in the England squad.

As long as he is in charge of the Englad squad, we should get used to hearing more bitterness like this o.
I agree. I have always stated that we should focus on the talents at home. Of course if a foreign born or raised talent comes up and wants to play for us we can consider the person.

I was only responding to incorrect claims the he is not Nigerian
You can't play for the English team if you are Nigerian.

As an identity, he is Nigerian born or of Nigerian parentage. Opari.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cchinukw wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
aruako1 wrote: Aruako1, th main point is that professionally, the lad has moved on.

We shouldn't feel pained as Nigeria made no investment in him. England like any other land where Africans have settled deserve the pick of it's best talent. In this case, England have done well to recognise that this is an elite player they can't ignore.

I personally have no hard feelings. It would have been a different case I'd we had no Gareth Southgate wey nor send when it comes to racial representation and diversity in the England squad.

As long as he is in charge of the Englad squad, we should get used to hearing more bitterness like this o.
I agree. I have always stated that we should focus on the talents at home. Of course if a foreign born or raised talent comes up and wants to play for us we can consider the person.

I was only responding to incorrect claims the he is not Nigerian
You can't play for the English team if you are Nigerian.

As an identity, he is Nigerian born or of Nigerian parentage. Opari.
He is Nigerian. You can play for England if you have dual nationality.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Leave the British boy alone
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Saka starting for England tonight :clap:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marko wrote:Saka starting for England tonight :clap:
Wowsers! :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote:
marko wrote:Saka starting for England tonight :clap:
Wowsers! :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I’m happy for him, he gets to serve queen and country.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well done Saka!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

goke313 wrote:Dude is 10x blacker than the average Nigerian...but he's British tho lol
So Hugo Weaven is 90x lighter than the average Nigerian but he’s Born in Nigeria.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Weaving
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

goke313 wrote:Dude is 10x blacker than the average Nigerian...but he's British tho lol
His dad is dark skinned as well, he actually looks like his dad

Marko
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:
And his dad is born in the UK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:
And his dad is born in the UK.
yep that too, so is his other 2 big brothers

Marko
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:Saka was a citizen of Nigeria the day he was born. There is no notificaton requirement for Nigerian citizenship. In some countries you have to affirm your citizenship when you reach a certain age or lose it (e.g. Zambia) but this does not apply to Nigeria).You can be a citizen of Nigeria and decide not to exercise your citizenship rights. It doesn't mean that you are no longer a citizen. In some countries (including Nigeria), you can renounce your citizenship. In some others (such as Iran you can't). So until Saka renounces the Nigerian citizenship he acquired at birth, he is Nigerian.
So basically, as a foreign-born Nigerian, you opt out, rather than opt in.
Playing for England does not translate to 'opting out' as some seem to suggest.

I'm happy for the boy, but would have been delighted if he had opted to play for Nigeria.
But nuttin spoil.

The attitude of all those beefing hm for not instantly choosing Nigeria is enough to put a young person off.

"Dazz fu'ball".
You win some, you lose some. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

He owes Nigeria jack. He plays for England. Well, goodluck to the lad.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
aruako1 wrote:Saka was a citizen of Nigeria the day he was born. There is no notificaton requirement for Nigerian citizenship. In some countries you have to affirm your citizenship when you reach a certain age or lose it (e.g. Zambia) but this does not apply to Nigeria).You can be a citizen of Nigeria and decide not to exercise your citizenship rights. It doesn't mean that you are no longer a citizen. In some countries (including Nigeria), you can renounce your citizenship. In some others (such as Iran you can't). So until Saka renounces the Nigerian citizenship he acquired at birth, he is Nigerian.
So basically, as a foreign-born Nigerian, you opt out, rather than opt in.
Playing for England does not translate to 'opting out' as some seem to suggest.

I'm happy for the boy, but would have been delighted if he had opted to play for Nigeria.
But nuttin spoil.

The attitude of all those beefing hm for not instantly choosing Nigeria is enough to put a young person off.

"Dazz fu'ball".
You win some, you lose some. :idea:
Exactly - to lose Nigerian citizenship that you acquired from birth, you actually have to take steps to renounce your citizenship. Since Nigeria and UK both allow dual nationality, many British Nigerians never need to opt out. However, I know Nigerians who had to renounce their citizenship to become citizens of countries such as the Netherlands (Ebuehi and Ekong don't count - under Dutch law they can retain dual citizenship with countries where they were citizens at birth). India does not allow dual citizenship so British Indians lose their Indian citizenship.

Personally, I'm happy for Saka, especially as he seems like a good lad. For the SE, we will focus on those that are available.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:He is 19, so he must be capped 3 times to be locked down forever. I am not sure if friendlies are to be included in the 3 caps, the new rules are slightly confusing.

But if he does turn out, then I expect him to be capped 3 times, quite soon.

We have plenty of wide options, it would have been nice, but it is not the end of the world. I would say we could use Eze more than Saka.
You people have no shame.
Don’t mind them. Sums up Nigeria.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Hilarious. Nigeria isn’t even the destination of a WhatsApp call for many of these chaps. Saka is representing the country of his birth and long may it continue, from 1 to 100 caps. Nigeria offers precious little appeal, it’s all Cinderella minus the fairy godmother. No sparkly shoes, no dazzling dress, just a perpetual state of plateau. The domestic leagues, the football stadia, the facilities. Why settle for less?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Hilarious. Nigeria isn’t even the destination of a WhatsApp call for many of these chaps. Saka is representing the country of his birth and long may it continue, from 1 to 100 caps. Nigeria offers precious little appeal, it’s all Cinderella minus the fairy godmother. No sparkly shoes, no dazzling dress, just a perpetual state of plateau. The domestic leagues, the football stadia, the facilities. Why settle for less?
exactly, this boy has visited Nigeria a few times, had first hand experience to compare the infrastructure, facilities and what not, he has been a young England international for many years, funny enough his dad is very Pro-Nigerian, if his dad could not convince him, believe, nobody will, that is why i laugh when people actually thought there was a chance of him switching

Marko