Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs Algeria 1 Live!

Post by fabio »

wanaj0 wrote:
Firstly you have to EARN the right to be at the Confederation cup. Let us wait till Rohr the builder of the best team EARN the right to grace the occasion.

Secondly his performance at the Confederation Cup is not worse than Rohrs performance at the WC

Keshi took a team that did not qualify in 2012 for the ANC to win the trophy in 2013 Yet was not considered to have built a team. That same team qualified for the 2nd round of the WC.
Wait oooooo. Keshi and Rohr found themselves in similar situations!

Keshi took a team that didn´t qualify for ANC, qualified for and WON the ANC and WC 2nd Round.

Rohr took a team that didn´t qualify for ANC and qualified for ANC to 3rd place and WC group stages!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Firstly you have to EARN the right to be at the Confederation cup. Let us wait till Rohr the builder of the best team EARN the right to grace the occasion.

Secondly his performance at the Confederation Cup is not worse than Rohrs performance at the WC

Keshi took a team that did not qualify in 2012 for the ANC to win the trophy in 2013 Yet was not considered to have built a team. That same team qualified for the 2nd round of the WC.

Keshi took a team that didn´t qualify for ANC, qualified for and WON the ANC and WC 2nd Round.

Rohr took a team that didn´t qualify for ANC and qualified for ANC to 3rd place and WC group stages!
So your conclusion is that Keshi is a better coach?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...if so all opposing teams will insist Nigeria wear dark uniform because of our superstitious mentality. no be today we dey believe such crap.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Conclusion is that Keshi achieved MORE at a shorter time, at a fraction of the cost and with little or no support from the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew.

The excuses are increasing. Now it is colour of jersey that is holding us back :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Which team has he built?

Keshi won ANC at first try YET he was rubbished
By?
Pls name names. Don't recycle fake news and try and make it fact.
We need to know specifically who 'rubbished' him and specifically why, if he was.

Keshi's main 'rubbishing (if you can call it that) was for completely different reasons which nobody relishes talking about, especially now he has passed on.

The NFF 'rubbishing' of Keshi was political and we fans were never part of all that rubbish. In fact, it is on record here that we overwhelmingly condemned it.
Fake news??? That Keshi won ANC at First attempt?
Strawman.
That's not what I'm referring to nah, Alhaji.
That he was rubbished by the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew?
You know what the rubbishing was about but nobody wants to go there any more, so lets keep it that way. :D
So be specific on what is FAKE NEWS.

The rubbishing was about his achievements :). Many have tried to re write history and rubbish his achievements.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Gotti wrote:
Orion wrote:It's time to ditch that green jersey. I'm not superstitious or making excuses for Rohr but we've lost too many games with that dark green. It's beginning to stretch beyond just pure coincidence.

Could there be a logical reason? Maybe, but we don't even need to know. Just change it. Our greens were never that dark anyway.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, it's the FIRST-EVER time we have played in that particular shade of Green (looks almost Gray)...
The speculation is that it may be too dark. Our greens were traditionally not that dark.

"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote:Image

Damunk, thanks for putting this together. We can build on these stats as they continue to use that dark green (whichever variant).

The results are somewhat inconclusive. We've won all home and away games (I suspect against low-ranked teams - apart from Egypt) but won ZERO games on neutral ground (which means high-ranked teams in tournaments and friendly matches). With the home strip, we've only lost one game on neutral soil (again meaning high-ranked teams in tournaments and friendly matches).

With the light green we've played 17 and only lost 2. With the dark green we’ve only played 12 but lost 7, more than half. So, we’re not just being paranoid about this.

With these stats, we need to leave our dark green jersey at home when we qualify for tournaments! :shock:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Now they blame the Jersey and not the manager...ok
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Now they blame the Jersey and not the manager...ok
And they are serious about it...wth????
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Orion wrote:It's time to ditch that green jersey. I'm not superstitious or making excuses for Rohr but we've lost too many games with that dark green. It's beginning to stretch beyond just pure coincidence.

Could there be a logical reason? Maybe, but we don't even need to know. Just change it. Our greens were never that dark anyway.

Bros, it's the FIRST-EVER time we have played in that particular shade of Green (looks almost Gray)...
The speculation is that it may be too dark. Our greens were traditionally not that dark.

:???: :???:
Too dark reason why our players can't see or find team mates to pass ball to :???:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Too dark reason why our players can't see or find team mates to pass ball to :???:
I swear these guys never played any kind of soccer before, you just need the contrast light vs dark so you don’t have to even think when finding your teammate, what more contrast do they need than white jerseys vs dark green? A jersey on a moving human being can never be confused for grass regardless of the color at least not by the players on the field, maybe helps spectators watching on a not so clear tv. But this is just ridiculous, even to the point of saying the dark colors put the players in a sad mood, wonder why it doesn’t affect likes of Juventus.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Conclusion is that Keshi achieved MORE at a shorter time, at a fraction of the cost and with little or no support from the Oyinbo na Oyinbo crew.

The excuses are increasing. Now it is colour of jersey that is holding us back :)
Very true. Keshi’s AFCON and World Cup record puts him above Rohr. Unless Rohr can win at least one AFCON and gets to World Cup quarterfinals, Keshi can be said to be better than him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Now they blame the Jersey and not the manager...ok
The house negro will do anything to defend the honor of the Massa
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I am a little disappointed (but not surprised) that a section of fans here (specifically the Anti-Rohr Squad) simply cannot see anything but politics in this jersey matter. I am tempted to say that the attitude is typical of Nigerians - too lazy to look beyond the surface and attributing it all to voodoo thinking and of course football politics.

That quality of going beyond the headlines to do some research is known to have been long lost in Naija. Very little research is going on in our Unis. It's all about the here and now.

All I'm doing is having some fun whilst looking into whether dark coloured jerseys might have an effect on the performance of dark skinned teams. The only thing the ARSes can see is an excuse for losing to Algeria!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It's not about Rohr, or Keshi or 'Ngr vs Alg', any one game or any such stupidness, duh! :roll:
My people! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not an academic neither am I a statistician but I am hoping to trigger some curiosity if only in just one of such people who might then go on to look into it further. People around the world have done studies on far less. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this will cool off until the SE loses another match in their dark (green) uniform, and the superstitious believers will resurrect again.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:...this will cool off until the SE loses another match in their dark (green) uniform, and the superstitious believers will resurrect again.
There you go again.
I guess you believe climate change and COVID 'immunity' are superstition too
Are you another 'lazy youth'? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

At this point, Keshi is better than ROHR. Infact, Rohr is same level as Amodu.. Both (Amodu and Rohr) are bronze winners and qualified for world cup. Amodu even won the CAF cup winners cup with unkown BCC Lions in Africa at 42 years!.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:...this will cool off until the SE loses another match in their dark (green) uniform, and the superstitious believers will resurrect again.
There you go again.
...we are discussing color of jersey on players, advantages and disadvantages as an excuse for playing poorly and losing a match :biggrin:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote:
Damunk wrote:
There you go again.
...we are discussing color of jersey on players, advantages and disadvantages as an excuse for playing poorly and losing a match :biggrin:
WE ARE NOT!!!!
Keep up Alhaji!!!
You are doing the very thing I’ve warned against.

Remove your blinkers Chief.
Please.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I swear these guys never played any kind of soccer before, you just need the contrast light vs dark so you don’t have to even think when finding your teammate, what more contrast do they need than white jerseys vs dark green? A jersey on a moving human being can never be confused for grass regardless of the color at least not by the players on the field, maybe helps spectators watching on a not so clear tv. But this is just ridiculous, even to the point of saying the dark colors put the players in a sad mood, wonder why it doesn’t affect likes of Juventus.
Did you play more football than Johan Cryuff??
I’ve done a little more research and am discovering I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a matter worth looking into. Lol
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I’ve done a little more research and am discovering I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a matter worth looking into. Lol
So Cruyuff is the dark skinned player you are basing your so called studies on, I see now you are not serious about this topic this is just diversionary...carry on sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:Image

Note:
Ignore the double entry for Ukraine. It is a formatting error but only the one result came into the calculations.

My Observation:
The starkest thing that strikes me is our performance on neutral grounds in the dark jersey compared to in the bright jersey.
We've played eight games in each but notice the stark difference in performance outcomes.

There are other interesting patterns too but the general conclusion can be reached that we seem to play worse in the dark jerseys overall. However, though the numbers might be statistically insignificant, we have won ALL our FOUR games in dark green on home and away grounds.

I am happy for anyone to give their own interpretation of the stats but it seems to me that there might be something worth exploring.

If I had the time I would explore the results going as far back as ten years and also look into the Super Falcons and even the U20 teams.

Personally I think it is probably down to
a) The psychological (conscious and unconscious) and
b) The issue of 'peripheral vision'.

In elite sports, the difference between success and failure can be down to very tiny margins.

Disclaimer: To the Anti-Rohr Brigade.
NO. I am not "looking for excuses".
I am simply exploring the popular sentiment that we don't perform as well in our dark jerseys.
Not everything has to be Trumpian politics.
I simply find the subject matter fascinating :taunt:
Dr. Excellent post.

There's something to be said about our jersey and outcomes. In sports, you have to use everything that you have to your advantage even routines that increases or enhances your chances at winning. Some teams even adopt "Feng Shui" to gain advantage. For years now, folks talk about whether "momentum" is real in sports. There's no scientific proof of it's existence but it does exist. In the US, ask any real Dallas Cowboy fan about the infamous Dark Blue Jersey and they will tell you that the jersey is jinxed. They believe that their odds of winning is reduced when they wear that jersey. Even betting lines are affected when folks know that they are wearing that jersey... but statistically, there isn't much difference in wins with their white jersey and wins with blue jersey. Fans just know that more bad things have happened to the team with Blue jersey... But sports people are very superstitious... it is a phenomenon that is not based in science but it is there.

Some fans will attribute a negative outcome to some unknown and unseen force.

The NFF when playing must win games should improve their chances by using all good luck totems.

Like we have decided that playing in Abuja for must win games is not to our advantage... :P

Wearing Green is one of them... :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
mcal wrote:
Orion wrote:
Gotti wrote:

So Cruyuff is the dark skinned player you are basing your so called studies on, I see now you are not serious about this topic this is just diversionary...carry on sha...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If that's what you choose to believe, feel free. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You said "these guys never played soccer before", implying you obviously have and therefore know better.
So I gave you someone who probably played to a slightly higher level than you.
But I might be wrong on that. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: