Should SE try 343 ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Should SE try 343 ?

Post by vancity eagle »

I watched Belgium vs Ivory Coast and both teams played 343

I am watching England vs Belgium and both teams are playing 343

It seems this formation is becoming popular among many teams.

The reason I feel this formation may be good for SE, is that this formation is good for teams with a lot of quality CB's and wide players, which is basically our 2 deepest positions at the moment.

With the addition of Akpobuma, the possibility of Adarabioyo, Torunariga, Udokhai, it seems we have the quality to have 3 CB's, while we are also deep on the wings. Our lack of midfielders means in this formation we would be fielding 2 of them. We obviously would need 2 midfielders who can win the ball first and foremost, but if they have technical and attacking abilities even better.

We could line up like this

*************************************OKOYE**************************************

************AKPOBUMA****************BALOGUN******************TROOST************

EBUEHI*******************NDIDI*******************ARIBO********************SANUSI

CHUKWUEZE**************************************************************IWOBI

************************************OSIMEHN************************************

With Ebuehi and Sanusi bombing up and down the flanks, Chukwueze and Iwobi could be given the freedom to move more centrally in midfield when necessary, to help transition from our midfield to attack, they could move to striker positions along with Osimehn, and they could also be out wide when necessary.

I really think Rohr should think about 343, it may be the best formation suited for the players we have.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Should SE try 343 ?

Post by vancity eagle »

We also now have 3 good quality right backs in Aina, Ebuehi, Ezibuhue, 2 of which can play LB.

We also have the option of Moses Simon, known for his defensive abilities and hard work who can play in the wide midfield position, instead of any of these lateral defenders, instead of being among the forward 3. So an alternative lineup could be as such.

***********************************OKOYE*****************************************

****************AKPOBUMA************AJAYI****************TROOST******************

AINA********************NDIDI****************ARIBO*************************SIMON

**CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************LOOKMAN

************************************OSIMEHN************************************
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who will do the scoring with Chukwueze,Iwobi or lookman starting? We'll be lucky to get 10 goals between them all season. The best formation based on available talent is the 4-4-1-1.

**********************Uzoho*********

Ebuehi**********CDR*******CDL******* Sanusi

Simon*******Ndidi********CM********Iwobi

**************Nacho*********

************Osiboy***********

I know a lot of people are down on Nacho and Musa but they both score regularly. We need goals not dribbles.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who will do the scoring with Chukwueze,Iwobi or lookman starting? We'll be lucky to get 10 goals between them all season. The best formation based on available talent is the 4-4-1-1.

I know a lot of people are down on Nacho and Musa but they both score regularly. We need goals not dribbles.
If you need goals, Musa is the last person to hinge such expectations upon.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote::clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who will do the scoring with Chukwueze,Iwobi or lookman starting? We'll be lucky to get 10 goals between them all season. The best formation based on available talent is the 4-4-1-1.

Musa is inconsistent but keep in mind the amount of space that will be created when defenders focus on Osihmen's runs and positioning. Keeping track of Musa and Osihmen will be tough for any defense. Even if you don't like Musa we have a bunch of others that will play that position well. Nacho, Bonaventure, Kalu, chuks even Etebo can all play behind the striker. For me Nacho is the best bet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote::clap:

Musa is inconsistent but keep in mind the amount of space that will be created when defenders focus on Osihmen's runs and positioning. Keeping track of Musa and Osihmen will be tough for any defense. Even if you don't like Musa we have a bunch of others that will play that position well. Nacho, Bonaventure, Kalu, chuks even Etebo can all play behind the striker. For me Nacho is the best bet.
Musa's fitness is in doubt. He has not played for a while and looked out of sorts against Algeria.
I am happy
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I want to see a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho up top. I don’t know if it would work, but I’d like for us to try it out.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote:I want to see a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho up top. I don’t know if it would work, but I’d like for us to try it out.

we do not suit a 352, our player pool is better for a 343

A 352 means you want to utilize your strikers. We only have ONE GOOD STRIKER, so a 352 is a waste, while we are strong when it comes to wingers and wing backs, which is why a 343 would be best IMO.

You are basically suggesting we sit the likes of a Lookman/Ejuke and Sanusi/Simon in favour of a pot bellied Iheanacho with a horrible first touch. God forbid.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

its basically like this. These formations play to these strengths

442 - strong top strike force, and classical wingers (not wing forwards)
433 - strong midfield
352 - strong centre backs and strong top strike force
343 - strong centre backs and strong wing forwards

We dont have 2 quality strikers, or classical wingers to play 442

Once we get Ejaria, once Nwakali comes around, and once we get our players back from injury 433 is an option.

Again we dont currently have 2 quality forwards to play 352, and this formation does not allow us to use our abundance of wing forwards and wing backs

The 343 allows us to utilize our depth at CB as well as our depth with wide forwards and wing backs.

Rohr should get this team to play 343 as well as 433, and we should be able to adjust from each position within a match. These 2 formations best utilize the players we have.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote:
Synopsis wrote:I want to see a 3-5-2 with Osimhen and Iheanacho up top. I don’t know if it would work, but I’d like for us to try it out.

we do not suit a 352, our player pool is better for a 343

A 352 means you want to utilize your strikers. We only have ONE GOOD STRIKER, so a 352 is a waste, while we are strong when it comes to wingers and wing backs, which is why a 343 would be best IMO.

You are basically suggesting we sit the likes of a Lookman/Ejuke and Sanusi/Simon in favour of a pot bellied Iheanacho with a horrible first touch. God forbid.
Actually that’s arguable.

Our wide forwards, for all their abundance and energy, are not exactly lightning the world up.
Alex Iwobi, pushed further up front as a support behind Osimhen, could be deadly.
Which allows us to flood the midfield with ball winners - Aribo, Ndidi, Etebo.

If we did this, we could really unleash those wing-back - with less defensive responsibilities I would suggests Sanusi and Ebuehi, but I’d even consider Moses Simon in one of those roles.

3-4-3 would have Ndidi overworked, and leave us without a clear role for Iwobi unless he’s one of the front three.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rohr must have read my 4141 post, He's rolling out that formation today . If it works I should be made a site administrator with special powers. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!