Thoughts on the Game & 2nd Viewing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thoughts on the Game

Post by Gotti »

okidoki wrote:He’s not close to being our best. Couldn’t get games in Everton, and now In Germany. Na. The importance you are giving the friendlies is mind boggling. We had how many debutants on again, Yes! I thought so. If we had beat the African champions with that amount of people making their debut, and a keeper that is largely untested for both club and country, then Africa should quit football.
How many of those Algerians were on the team that won the African championship?

Nonetheless, it's NEVER about not "beating" them, but about us playing POORLY. Anyway, as I said repeatedly, we can cut the team some slack because it is their first game in almost a year, with several new players and barely a few days of training. But please enough with the drivel about 'African champions' and such.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thoughts on the Game & 2nd Viewing

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:The highlighted is summarily my whole point, Maceo is talking about us getting outplayed by non-starters on the Algerian side, but those Algerian midfielders despite not first starters, still play for established clubs in France. How would you expect us not to get outplayed when we fielded a rookie from Denmark, some 18 year kid still on loan in Austria and a natural defender playing as a CDM... This one is on Rohr, if we had the likes of Azeez, perhaps even Nwakali and even Ejaria (if only his passport issues were sorted out in time), that Algerian team was easily there for some thrashing... and we didn't even need the likes of Ndidi, Etebo or Aribo to do that.
Btw, how many minutes did Tijani play? All of 5 minutes or thereabouts?
Meanwhile, Semi Ajayi has played CDM at BOTH club and national team levels.

In effect, we had two EPL players plus a player who will playing in the UEFA Champions' League group stages this season being outplayed for the most part by players from modest Ligue 1 clubs such as Brest and Metz, essentially yo-yo clubs that finished barely a few spots above the relegation places in Ligue 1 this past season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I haven't been able to bring myself to comment about this game till now. My two key observations:

- Semi Ajayi ahead of Mikel Agu in central midfield does not make any iota of sense to anyone with a pair of eyes - or even just one working eye. I just saw today's lineup and Rohr is starting Semi Ajayi at Central Midfield again...
This is as brainless as it gets. All of Rohr's decision making is predicated on three to four questions - 1. Who plays in a better league 2. who is playing regularly and 3. Who is taller (4. Who is more experienced - Musa/Ighalo) - this formula mostly works except when the players play very different positions then it's just stupid.

- In the last press conference, when asked if we were going to play to suit Onuach, Rohr said no... his team had a style and they stuck to that regardless of personnel. First of all, a Nigerian coach is going to get criticized to hell for saying the same thing but that's besides the point. Sometimes coaches talk trash about philosophy so you ignore that but as soon as the game started, you saw this wasn't a joke. That one decision to play with Onuachu as if we were playing with Osimhen practically made all four of our attacking players look useless.

The earlier we fire this guy, the better. We needed someone to bring some discipline and more honest team selection but this guy won't help us win anything of significance. He depends on the natural talent of attacking players to score goals and has 0000 game plan in the attacking phase of the game.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

niyi wrote:I haven't been able to bring myself to comment about this game till now. My two key observations:

- Semi Ajayi ahead of Mikel Agu in central midfield does not make any iota of sense to anyone with a pair of eyes - or even just one working eye. I just saw today's lineup and Rohr is starting Semi Ajayi at Central Midfield again...
This is as brainless as it gets. All of Rohr's decision making is predicated on three to four questions - 1. Who plays in a better league 2. who is playing regularly and 3. Who is taller (4. Who is more experienced - Musa/Ighalo) - this formula mostly works except when the players play very different positions then it's just stupid.

- In the last press conference, when asked if we were going to play to suit Onuach, Rohr said no... his team had a style and they stuck to that regardless of personnel. First of all, a Nigerian coach is going to get criticized to hell for saying the same thing but that's besides the point. Sometimes coaches talk trash about philosophy so you ignore that but as soon as the game started, you saw this wasn't a joke. That one decision to play with Onuachu as if we were playing with Osimhen practically made all four of our attacking players look useless.

The earlier we fire this guy, the better. We needed someone to bring some discipline and more honest team selection but this guy won't help us win anything of significance. He depends on the natural talent of attacking players to score goals and has 0000 game plan in the attacking phase of the game.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... rWcgw76Ypg[/video]

Second viewing of Tunisia game here
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:The highlighted is summarily my whole point, Maceo is talking about us getting outplayed by non-starters on the Algerian side, but those Algerian midfielders despite not first starters, still play for established clubs in France. How would you expect us not to get outplayed when we fielded a rookie from Denmark, some 18 year kid still on loan in Austria and a natural defender playing as a CDM... This one is on Rohr, if we had the likes of Azeez, perhaps even Nwakali and even Ejaria (if only his passport issues were sorted out in time), that Algerian team was easily there for some thrashing... and we didn't even need the likes of Ndidi, Etebo or Aribo to do that.
Btw, how many minutes did Tijani play? All of 5 minutes or thereabouts?
Meanwhile, Semi Ajayi has played CDM at BOTH club and national team levels.

In effect, we had two EPL players plus a player who will playing in the UEFA Champions' League group stages this season being outplayed for the most part by players from modest Ligue 1 clubs such as Brest and Metz, essentially yo-yo clubs that finished barely a few spots above the relegation places in Ligue 1 this past season.
No matter how many games Semi has played for his club at DM, he is not very good at playing that position especially at the international level that is required for Nigeria to become AFCON champions and progress well in World Cups.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote:No matter how many games Semi has played for his club at DM, he is not very good at playing that position especially at the international level that is required for Nigeria to become AFCON champions and progress well in World Cups.
You mean as we have been previously doing with Ndidi under Coach Rohr?

Stripped of all pretensions, point remains that Semi has previously played CDM for the SE under the same coach Rohr, who obviously thought him good at the position enough to play him there again, twice (and he was most definitely better than the supposedly ‘natural’ CDMs Mikel Agu and Frank Onyeka). Perhaps that’s the new SE “level” under Rohr.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote:
Lolly wrote:No matter how many games Semi has played for his club at DM, he is not very good at playing that position especially at the international level that is required for Nigeria to become AFCON champions and progress well in World Cups.
You mean as we have been previously doing with Ndidi under Coach Rohr?

Stripped of all pretensions, point remains that Semi has previously played CDM for the SE under the same coach Rohr, who obviously thought him good at the position enough to play him there again, twice (and he was most definitely better than the supposedly ‘natural’ CDMs Mikel Agu and Frank Onyeka). Perhaps that’s the new SE “level” under Rohr.
Yes, Semi is better than Agu and Onyeka, the so called natural CDMs. Hence why I have been consistent in blaming Rohr for poor scouting. He needs to change scouts. I have rewatched the Algeria game and I will play Semi ahead of the other 2 any day, at least until the younger Onyeka improves.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."